Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Craftstudio: Minecraft vs GameMaker Online  (Read 8357 times)

elisee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Craftstudio: Minecraft vs GameMaker Online
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 05:34:47 pm »

Hey there!

Just thought I'd let you guys know I've started a crowd-funding campaign in order to complete CraftStudio and have Thomas Frick, an artist friend, join me in making the first full game with it. Would you guys consider contributing a few bucks? Thanks!

If you have any questions or comments, I'd love to hear them!

Also I'm very excited, someone has started a game project with CraftStudio and posted some pretty cool screenshots!

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 10:12:02 am »

Hey there!

Just thought I'd let you guys know I've started a crowd-funding campaign in order to complete CraftStudio and have Thomas Frick, an artist friend, join me in making the first full game with it. Would you guys consider contributing a few bucks? Thanks!

I'm in!

Must say I'm excited to see how this develops, after only a couple of hours messing about I have modelled a funny looking man without arms, made him a walk animation and modelled a spider (gave up for the night trying to animate the legs ...)

Very cool, and very easy to use. Can see this really hitting it off, with me at least. :)

elisee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 05:22:50 pm »

Well hello again you guys!

I'm in!

Must say I'm excited to see how this develops, after only a couple of hours messing about I have modelled a funny looking man without arms, made him a walk animation and modelled a spider (gave up for the night trying to animate the legs ...)

Very cool, and very easy to use. Can see this really hitting it off, with me at least. :)

Glad you like it and thanks for contributing! :)

I'm happy to report the crowdfunding campaign has been very successful and has ended at a pretty cool $23.500 with donations from 600+ people!

I've been hard at work getting CraftStudio into alpha status (that is: allow making actual games with it!), and well, I'm almost done... Last week I invited a bunch of friends on a development server and we all made a little karting game called CraftStudio Kart together, in just 24 hours! How cool is that? :D

You can check out this gameplay video and maybe download it and give it a play! (you'll need to have the XNA redistributable installed, though you probably have it already)

Scripts are written using Lua, as you can see in this screenshot of the very basic script editor. The long term plan includes having some sort of visual script editor, this is of course very rough and just the beginning.

I'm currently finishing the website update and then, if everything goes well, the alpha should be out before the end of the month!

There's been an awful lot of awesome models and maps made with CraftStudio. Just a couple examples you might want to check out: A friend made this animated Lich King model, two people made this cool dungeon map.
Pages: 1 [2]