Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: StarDrive - a space 4x that is looking very promising  (Read 28872 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: StarDrive - a space 4x that is looking very promising
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2013, 10:42:24 am »

Sorry to burst your bubble Kaje but to my knowledge this happens with 90% of games on the market.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2013, 10:57:14 am »

Which is why I usually buy elsewhere, at much cheaper prices - but we appear to have been penned into buying from Steam or not buying at all. Not even the Steam key online stores are carrying the title - and I refuse to pay more than other countries.

I'd love to play it, but it looks like I'll be waiting for a Steam sale.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2013, 11:24:24 am »

Americans are currently being asked to pay $24.99...Brits? £20.99...works out that Brits are having to pay £4.00 more for the same game...whyz?
Because Steam. They always do that, or worse. Sometimes the prices are the same with different currencies. I've seen a $19.99 game also be £19.99.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2013, 11:32:10 am »

Americans are currently being asked to pay $24.99...Brits? £20.99...works out that Brits are having to pay £4.00 more for the same game...whyz?
Because Steam. They always do that, or worse. Sometimes the prices are the same with different currencies. I've seen a $19.99 game also be £19.99.

+1 to this, unfortunately
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2013, 10:11:49 am »

Wow this game just ate my weekend. It's really good, especially later in the game when you have access to more weapon systems and hulls the strategic aspect open ups a lot. At one point I was stuck in a war of attrition with the other major power of the galaxy and many epic battles where had. I like how the AI use your designs for the races you played before. In this case I was lucky my opponent's race was one I played before I understood the importance of protecting your power generators. Now I expect the next time I play against my current race things will be much harder, especially if they field my latest Titan design or lots of my torpedo cruisers.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2013, 11:49:29 am »

Prices are set by the dev, not Steam.

Also, different taxes in different areas and all that stuff. Us has nearly none, most of Europe has like a 21% tax.

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2013, 02:10:31 pm »

Prices are set by the dev, not Steam.

Also, different taxes in different areas and all that stuff. Us has nearly none, most of Europe has like a 21% tax.

This is something to point out. In the US taxes are in addition to the sales price (though to be fair, I don't think Steam game sales are taxed at all in the US); in the UK the value added tax is included in the price, and Steam has to pay its VAT tax on games sold to customers in that area. So it's not necessarily Steam being greedy.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2013, 04:30:43 pm »

Is anyone else getting the bug where, after a conflict ends your fleet will just jump back to the system they came from? Not particularly game breaking, but bloody annoying.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2013, 04:39:33 pm »

This happens because they treat pure attack orders as "go here, fight, and return to post."  If you order them to move to a location and then attack something nearby, their 'post' is now in the system.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2013, 04:42:08 pm »

Yep, its not a bug. They return to the last place you told them to move.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2013, 04:44:40 pm »

I told them to jump to the system in question, then they retaliated after being fired upon by the Remnant, then they jumped back. I never made a pure attack order :(

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2013, 05:54:14 pm »

I told them to jump to the system in question, then they retaliated after being fired upon by the Remnant, then they jumped back. I never made a pure attack order :(

Are they going to a starport to reload on ordinance?

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2013, 06:34:55 pm »

Are they going to a starport to reload on ordinance?

I hadn't checked, but this is quite possibly what they were doing. Good point :)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2013, 07:51:24 pm »

That would explain it. I use energy weapons almost exclusively because I dislike dealing with ammo.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2013, 08:19:23 pm »

This was super early on where everything just used flak cannons still. Good to know it's a nifty little feature rather than a bug :)
Come to think of it, are there any real glaring bugs with this game? I haven't found any at all now that that one has been resolved.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21