Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Laptop problems  (Read 787 times)

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Laptop problems
« on: December 02, 2011, 06:29:27 pm »

Hi there

I am playing on a latop.  I have just moved to DF2010, only a year and a half late.  I had no problem with 40d, however.  I am having trouble with the key bindings.  It's the usual problem I suppose--the lap top lacks a number pad, and DFWiki has not been helpful for 2010.

Any advice?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Laptop problems
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 06:33:32 pm »

Press escape, go to key bindings, and change them.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kinglog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • mpmarimba
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 11:56:19 pm »

Your laptop may have a virtual numpad that you can access with a 'Fn' or some such key. I use this when I'm playing DF on the road.

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 11:56:38 pm »

lazy newb pack has an easy "laptop key bindings" setting  ;)

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 09:30:43 am »

Your laptop may have a virtual numpad that you can access with a 'Fn' or some such key. I use this when I'm playing DF on the road.

Nope.  No dice.  I'll try the lazy newb pack. 

Thanks. 
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Plutocrat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 04:18:16 pm »

I am on a netbook and have never found that DF2010 keys didn't work. Go with LazyNewbPack, it has a common keybinding fix, rather then redo all the keybindings manually.