Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Games that can make you absolutely terrified?(Read: Amnesia etc. etc.)  (Read 7260 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games that can make you absolutely terrified?(Read: Amnesia etc. etc.)
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2011, 02:35:49 pm »

Played Amnesia together with a friend yesterday. We got discouraged when we saw that place where he had "experimented with" (read: Brutally fucking tortured) dogs.
I know its a spoiler, but for you dog lovers out there, dont play that game, it will ruin your day. Violence and gore is ok in games, but anything that cannot defend itself, like dogs is just unneccesary fucking crap. Im ok with children dying in games, but i am also alot disassociated with people, so thats only me.

One day i will make an act to stop depicted animal cruelty, seriously.
Heh, I have that too. I can murder children in video games but I can't kill a dog, even though I got cornered by street dogs several times in real life (edit: real time? Huh what was I thinking?)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 02:02:07 pm by Leatra »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2011, 05:12:57 pm »

You should have played STALKER first. You'll be sad after you have to kill the first few dogs, but you'll soon learn that they're far from defenseless.
Actually, if you stopped playing Amnesia after one part where animal experimentation was referenced, you probably shouldn't play STALKER. Dogs are one of the main enemies, and they move in packs.

The part with the dogs is short. You should get through it, and then continue on with the game. If you stop playing, you'll really be missing out.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2011, 05:20:40 pm »

I've heard that Eversion is pretty creepy, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.
Play it at night, with the lights off, in a sealed room, with no other source of light other then the screen. When the first Words popped up on my screen I jumped from my seat. DO NOT LET ITS CUTSY GRAPHICS FOOL YOU!!!

Here, have a free to play version link.  I had no idea they'd put it on Steam now, but $5 really is a bit much considering it looks like they just redid some of the sprites.

EDIT: It appears there may be other new content in the Steam version, according to TVTropes.  But that link is the original.

KG
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 05:23:00 pm by kg333 »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2011, 05:26:02 pm »

They also added a third ending.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2011, 12:38:03 am »

Okay heres another game I remembered(Had it somewhere in my Hard drive)
http://www.superfriendshipclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=117
The name is Hide, it is very similar to amnesia. Don't go googling videos and shit. Its a game best played unspoiled.

Goacbc

• Bay Watcher
  • Vote or Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2011, 02:05:32 am »

Ummm... This is a different type of media, but what about the 100,000 budget movies series, Return of the Living Dead 1-5
-Fuck Weak Motherfuckers

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2011, 07:18:39 am »

Thanks guys. I know this might sound like a dumb suggestion from the minecraft forums, but i think animal violence should be toggleable, or atleast have a warning, enforced by law.
It just sucks, because Stalker seems so awesome. The only time i ever killed dogs in games was in Fallout where they were they looked like wild pitbulls/jackals wich arent even dogs to me.
But as soon as its Rottweilers, Shepherd dogs or anything looking wolfy in the cute way, i am turned off.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2011, 07:30:18 am »

It just sucks, because Stalker seems so awesome. The only time i ever killed dogs in games was in Fallout where they were they looked like wild pitbulls/jackals wich arent even dogs to me.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. dogs are much creepier than Fallout dogs.

Spoiler: "Blind dog" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Pseudodog" (click to show/hide)
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2011, 07:35:22 am »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. dogs are much creepier than Fallout dogs.

Spoiler: "Blind dog" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Pseudodog" (click to show/hide)

The pseudodog dosent even look like a dog, but does it act or sound like a dog?
That Blind dog.. isnt there a mod or something that could replace it with a blind baby or something?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2011, 07:39:55 am »

The pseudodog dosent even look like a dog, but does it act or sound like a dog?
Of course it's a dog, it barks and whines and makes illusionary copies of itself by using psychic powers to disorient you, just like a real dog. :V

That Blind dog.. isnt there a mod or something that could replace it with a blind baby or something?
In game, due to it's weird movements, it's actually LESS dog-like than the pseudodog.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2011, 02:19:21 am »

Thanks guys. I know this might sound like a dumb suggestion from the minecraft forums, but i think animal violence should be toggleable, or atleast have a warning, enforced by law.
Don't go giving PETA ideas.

I remember a debate I had on another forum. The other person said (paraphrased) that she'd rather torture a live human than kill an animal, even for food. It started as good-old-fashioned hatred of animal abusers, which is something I can get behind, but then it got really, really scary.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2011, 09:26:09 am »

I remember a debate I had on another forum. The other person said (paraphrased) that she'd rather torture a live human than kill an animal, even for food. It started as good-old-fashioned hatred of animal abusers, which is something I can get behind, but then it got really, really scary.

Hey it would actually be a good idea to atleast have a warning.
It really sucks when you are suddenly confronted by meaningless violence, if your not prepared for it.
I dont react to meaningless violence to people in games though.

And i would rather eat a dead person than kill my dog for food :( Shes like an extension to my person/soul/whaever

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2011, 01:51:41 am »

What kind of "meaningless violence"?

If you're playing a mature rated game, you should already be expecting that kind of thing. If the game is cartoon-y, the violence is so sugar-coated that one can always assume that the monsters are merely knocked unconscious.

Please clarify.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2011, 02:00:23 am »

I thought for a minute this was the "things that absolutely terrified me today" thread.  Yikes.

KG

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2011, 03:58:28 am »

Hey it would actually be a good idea to atleast have a warning.
It really sucks when you are suddenly confronted by meaningless violence, if your not prepared for it.
I dont react to meaningless violence to people in games though.

And i would rather eat a dead person than kill my dog for food :( Shes like an extension to my person/soul/whaever

You aren't desensitized enough. Seriously, I hate people who get offended about everything.
"OMG NO TRANSSEXUAL OPTION!!! WORST GAME OF THE YEAR" or vice versa.

There is no need for violence to be optional as the one who dislikes it always has the option of not playing it.
Its not that I hate you, its that I hate your idea that promotes censorship OF ANY KIND.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6