Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Puppy pictures thread- Pics of your own pets encouraged.  (Read 2390 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Puppy pictures thread- Pics of your own pets encouraged.
« on: December 01, 2011, 10:05:38 pm »

Because I figured that I'd rather have a thread that shows you things that make you happy, than one in which you type about what made you happy.

After determining this, then, the dillema was to choose the subject. I decided on puppies, because the alternative (boobs) would have gone against the forum rules.

So, without further ado, I'll start this glorious endeavor.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:13:20 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Puppy pictures thread
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 10:18:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 03:03:09 am »

Oh my Goodness this is my new favourite thread! :D
Here's my puppy, by the way... He's not so much of a puppy now, though I haven't seen him in a while. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 03:09:28 am »

Quote from: Forum Guidelines
Do not disrupt a thread with spam, giant images or intentionally garbled language.  Screenshots and so on that make sense in context are also allowed, but image spam is not allowed.  Forum games may use giant images but only in the spirit of the game as defined by the OP.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 03:14:19 am »

Quote from: Forum Guidelines
Do not disrupt a thread with spam, giant images or intentionally garbled language.  Screenshots and so on that make sense in context are also allowed, but image spam is not allowed.  Forum games may use giant images but only in the spirit of the game as defined by the OP.

How is posting pictures of Puppies disrupting the thread about posting pictures of Puppies?

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 03:18:03 am »

After determining this, then, the dillema was to choose the subject. I decided on puppies, because the alternative (boobs) would have gone against the forum rules.

I don't really see how this could be against the rules.
Spoiler: Boobies (click to show/hide)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 04:02:27 am »

Maybe because this entire thread is nothing but image spam? Well, and people arguing about image spam, I guess.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 04:44:56 am »

I'm a rebel without a cause.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 06:45:38 am »

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 08:54:18 am »

Unless this many images is going to strain the forums in some way, a feel-good thread about cute animals is something that should be viewed within the context of the spirit of rules as opposed to the letter of them.

That said, not going to post puppies till I'm sure it's not going to get me slapped

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 08:57:28 am »

Unless this many images is going to strain the forums in some way, a feel-good thread about cute animals is something that should be viewed within the context of the spirit of rules as opposed to the letter of them.

I thought the spirit of the rule(s) was to encourage content that actually has content, instead of posts/threads that aren't even discussion-oriented at all. I swear I've seen imageboard-like threads locked in the past, but don't quote me on that.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 08:58:58 am »

Aye, image threads aren't looked kindly upon. That said, I enjoy looking at pictures of puppies. However, the invention of image search engines should make finding more pictures ridiculously easy.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 09:00:40 am »

That is a point, I have too. Suggestion: turn the thread into a Cute Pets That You Have And Discussion of Aforementioned Pets thread.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 09:12:58 am »

I thought the spirit of the rule(s) was to encourage content that actually has content, instead of posts/threads that aren't even discussion-oriented at all
Considering we have a "Things that made you happy today", "things that made you sad today", "things that made you rage today", "things that made you WTF today", and "Things you miss really really badly" threads, I fail to see how this one is different in any significant way.

That is a point, I have too. Suggestion: turn the thread into a Cute Pets That You Have And Discussion of Aforementioned Pets thread.
Pics of own pets encouraged?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Puppy pictures thread- Pics of your own pets encouraged.
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 09:17:45 am »

Considering we have a "Things that made you happy today", "things that made you sad today", "things that made you rage today", "things that made you WTF today", and "Things you miss really really badly" threads, I fail to see how this one is different in any significant way.

I think it comes in though the content. It is hard to really talk about photos of dogs. I mean, what do you say? Lulz that doggy is cute?

That is not content. In the other threads one can actually talk about some of the posted stuff.
Pages: [1] 2