Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Some baby and sexual names to consider  (Read 5009 times)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
Re: Some baby and sexual names to consider
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2011, 04:07:50 pm »

I gotta admit, and this might step over the boundary of PG|R, so please don't click Spoiler if your not of age to cuss out another adult. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sincerely,
Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 04:32:57 pm »

it's hard not to be both amused and disturbed when your bitch has to recover from broken bones after being repeatedly struck in the lower body.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2011, 04:40:27 pm »

The Mtn home just sold my broker some caged bitches.  I'm trying to find a dwarf to give them respectable names. 

In the meantime I'm gonna try my hand at some more shark dentistry.  I gotta find the plural form of Aria and Cria.  And I wanna get a Tigress in here.  And a Vixen.  Its a shame we can't have War Vixens. 

Sincerely,
Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 09:28:13 pm »

The Mtn home just sold my broker some caged bitches.  I'm trying to find a dwarf to give them respectable names. 

In the meantime I'm gonna try my hand at some more shark dentistry.  I gotta find the plural form of Aria and Cria.  And I wanna get a Tigress in here.  And a Vixen.  Its a shame we can't have War Vixens. 

Sincerely,
Knutor
You should definitely be able to mod in Foxes as as a pet.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 10:57:10 pm »

Foxes as a pet.

What about mod in training?  I have had some fox pets, but none that were able to be trained.  If this it is possible to mod in war and hunting training on fox; then I'm doing it the chimps, also.  I was under the thoughts, it wasn't possible, unless it was done with the Exotic toggle.  Great!  I'll look up how to do that, as I have always wanted a combat fox and combat rhesus macaque.

Sincerely,
Knutor

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 11:00:27 pm »

Hey, if you manage to do it, you may be able to act out monkey Beowulf in DF.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2011, 02:13:20 pm »

Hey, if you manage to do it, you may be able to act out monkey Beowulf in DF.

Crossover threading ftw.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2011, 11:30:48 pm »

ftw.

Still working on Monkeys.  However I got my chicks renamed to peeps.  And my cats genders renamed to pussy cat and tom cat.  For some reason this phoebius graphics isn't showing clear sex icons.  This tweak is making a huge difference in my game.  Thanks for your assistance.

I've also renamed Llama and Alpaca kids correctly.  And I'm in the process of adding Mare and Stallion to horses.  However, I've yet to really dabble in the fox, well besides, naming the female a vixen.  I still haven't figured out how to make him a war animal, or hunting animal.  Must just be a flag somewhere.

I have to rename the Tigress and Lioness also.  I'm thinking of renaming the Giant Bat to Guiafairo, "The fear that flies at night."  But I'm not sure yet.  Have to do some more digging on cool myth and lore. 

Sincerely,
Knutor

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2011, 06:35:38 am »

[TRAINABLE]

Should do the trick.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2011, 10:35:18 pm »

[TRAINABLE]

Should do the trick.
I just might get a modding start with this thread... Are war babies possible?
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2011, 11:36:39 pm »

ftw.

Still working on Monkeys.  However I got my chicks renamed to peeps.  And my cats genders renamed to pussy cat and tom cat.  For some reason this phoebius graphics isn't showing clear sex icons.  This tweak is making a huge difference in my game.  Thanks for your assistance.

I've also renamed Llama and Alpaca kids correctly.  And I'm in the process of adding Mare and Stallion to horses.  However, I've yet to really dabble in the fox, well besides, naming the female a vixen.  I still haven't figured out how to make him a war animal, or hunting animal.  Must just be a flag somewhere.

I have to rename the Tigress and Lioness also.  I'm thinking of renaming the Giant Bat to Guiafairo, "The fear that flies at night."  But I'm not sure yet.  Have to do some more digging on cool myth and lore. 

Sincerely,
Knutor

The proper term for a female cat is actually queen, not pussy.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2011, 12:22:33 am »

Well that's just not nearly as comical.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2011, 05:24:11 pm »

It would be an exciting mod to have, however I wouldn't delve into that just yet, not until the Toady's new beasts arrive.  Just in case Toady is somehow watching this thread and making notes.  HEH!  I'll tell ya what tho, since these changes my game has gotten a lot more fun to play.  I haven't figured out how to return Phoeb's necklace and waterjug sex icons for sex's in the Phoebeus graphic sets back to normal sex icons.  These are corn-fusing.  I'm tempted to try some more shark dentistry to put in the appropriate sex icons, instead of these.  Circles with pluses or arrows sticking out of them are the ones I want.  Well, these innappropriate ones do now make sense, now that I've committed them to my utterly wasted memory cells.  Not sure if that's a plus or a minus. 

I would change graphics, however, Phoeb's on/off levers, make the game SO much more playerfriendly for me.  Its almost a critical improvement for me, since I rely on lotsa of levers to stay alive.

Sincerely,
Knutor

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2011, 05:31:01 pm »

Default tileset levers are fairly obviously on/off as appropriate.  As easily learnable (if not more so) than whatever Phoebus does with the sex-symbols.  Not really anything to do with the primary aspect of this thread, but if that's the only reason you're suffering the sex-symbol problem then it isn't really a good one.  Just thought I'd say so, even though you doubtless have other reasons as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]