Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 166

Author Topic: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!  (Read 150284 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!
« Reply #2385 on: September 30, 2012, 05:59:45 pm »

I think the pouches are a top notch idea. Gonna have to figure out a way to manage it, though. And maybe, if not making it a real mask, make it look like a real mask, with hair sticking out for the ties?

Maybe something with the tail?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: September 30, 2012, 07:18:12 pm »

I present to you, the Burcoon. (Burglar / Raccoon)

I am not sure if I am going to keep it like this, I may try something else.
But for now, I am quite satsfied with this.
Tough I do wonder.. should I keep the mohawk or get rid of it?

edit: I think it may need some white colorations on it's body.. what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:20:29 pm by Ultimuh »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: September 30, 2012, 07:21:50 pm »

I think that it could work both with or without a mohawk, but if you want to keep the mohawk you have to make it bigger and fancier or something. I doesn't really look like a mohawk right now, just a random grey bar.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: September 30, 2012, 07:24:13 pm »

Eh, I don't like the idea of the bag being a seperate object. I feel like it sticks out to much in terms of how pokemon designs go.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: September 30, 2012, 07:31:20 pm »

Eh, I don't like the idea of the bag being a seperate object. I feel like it sticks out to much in terms of how pokemon designs go.

Farfetch'd were holding leek in it's hand wing.
But thanks for the input any way, I might do something about it if more of you complain about the bag.
Removed the Mohawk and added some white color to the tail.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:34:47 pm by Ultimuh »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: September 30, 2012, 07:56:25 pm »

I know about the leek and cubones bone, its just theres something off about the bag that bugs me.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: September 30, 2012, 08:00:40 pm »

I reckon it looks really cool! Maybe a bit of shading on the bag could help.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: September 30, 2012, 08:56:02 pm »

Did I say 8 colors or 16? Because it's 16. So you've actually got more flexibility than I thought. I'd just been doing most of mine in 8 for kicks, I guess. o_o

Decided to start working on Shruman. Still has a ways to go, but here's what I've got so far:

Also, my browser is REALLY hating those colors, so... it doesn't actually look like that, if you see what I see. Common problem with these guys. You can still download it and view it in a viewer though.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:23:30 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: October 01, 2012, 06:58:07 am »

I'm gonna try to be on chat tonight if anyone wants to join me.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: October 01, 2012, 08:54:10 am »

Huh. So GlyphGryph, I got much closer to the Shush sprite working for me, but the colors are just a little off. They look kind of similar to the difference between browser Shruman and downloaded Shruman. Could that be a related issue? Alternatively (and it just now occurred to me), do the front sprite and back sprite use the same palette and could there be interference if I didn't change the backsprite yet?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:06:30 am by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: October 01, 2012, 09:34:43 am »

They only use the same palette if they are set to. Most of mine do, and you can set them to use the same palette to save space, but you don't have to. If they WERE, changing the palette would mess up the one you weren't working on.

The download issue shouldn't be a problem - it's just display, and you're getting the files directly out of the repo... unless... unless the colors used aren't valid, I suppose? Hmm....

You said the background was appearing correctly, right? Maybe the colors just aren't... different enough? I dunno.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: October 01, 2012, 09:35:49 am »

Recolored the bag and gave it some shading.
Better now?

By the way, should I remove the black outlines?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: October 01, 2012, 09:38:11 am »

I'd try removing the outline and seeing how it looks. For me it works perfectly fine for the head, but looks too blocky and chunky for the rest of the body. I'm not 100% certain if removing it would help though.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: October 01, 2012, 09:40:29 am »

None of the other mons have outlines, either, so it will stick out. Don't outline, edge it - If you want, I'll shade it for you when I get home. That's my favorite bit anyway.

Also, I don't like how the bag interacts with the tail.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: October 01, 2012, 09:42:34 am »

I really like that! For outlines I've been using a dark shade of the adjacent color (I think that's the edging GlyphGryph mentioned), so you might want to try that?

They only use the same palette if they are set to. Most of mine do, and you can set them to use the same palette to save space, but you don't have to. If they WERE, changing the palette would mess up the one you weren't working on.

The download issue shouldn't be a problem - it's just display, and you're getting the files directly out of the repo... unless... unless the colors used aren't valid, I suppose? Hmm....

You said the background was appearing correctly, right? Maybe the colors just aren't... different enough? I dunno.

Ok, I set it to use the palette I uploaded, so it should work. I'll try another sprite to see if it's just that sprite/palette combo or if it's still something I'm doing.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 166