Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 166

Author Topic: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!  (Read 150344 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!
« Reply #2295 on: September 22, 2012, 09:52:45 pm »

I'll be on again Monday night for the meeting. Hopefully get some sprites done myself this time.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: September 22, 2012, 09:55:02 pm »

I'll be on again Monday night for the meeting. Hopefully get some sprites done myself this time.

I should be there.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: September 23, 2012, 07:59:25 am »

Question: Shall I add to, and then split, the moveset into moves learned via egg and leveling up, and moves learned via TM / HM? (I am willing to trawl through the 58 extra moves this will require for each beast.)

:)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: September 23, 2012, 08:00:12 am »

Yes.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: September 23, 2012, 08:10:37 am »

I better get word from USEC or Glyph first, but I think it would be for the best, Darvi. :)

Also, added Rival to the subplots (why did I do that? He's clearly a main plot element) and a parody of the DEVON GOODS scenario in 3rd gen.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: September 23, 2012, 08:21:08 am »

It's something that has to be done anyway, so why ask for permission when you can do it immediately.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: September 23, 2012, 08:27:44 am »

Question: Shall I add to, and then split, the moveset into moves learned via egg and leveling up, and moves learned via TM / HM? (I am willing to trawl through the 58 extra moves this will require for each beast.)

Yeah, go ahead and split them. I don't think that many bayomon even have the TM/HM information in yet, just the level-up movesets.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: September 23, 2012, 09:08:36 am »

Yeah, go ahead and split them. I don't think that many bayomon even have the TM/HM information in yet, just the level-up movesets.

I'm useful! WHEEEEE ~

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: September 23, 2012, 11:33:39 am »

Yeah, feel free to make up and post lists of TM/HM moves you think will be relevant for each mon if you want, too. I don't think we need to worry that much about TMs making a mon too powerful, so I'd say it's probably just an issue of going down the list and figuring out which ones make some sort of sense.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: September 23, 2012, 12:51:09 pm »

Yeah, feel free to make up and post lists of TM/HM moves you think will be relevant for each mon if you want, too. I don't think we need to worry that much about TMs making a mon too powerful, so I'd say it's probably just an issue of going down the list and figuring out which ones make some sort of sense.

Pretty much what I'm doing, tbh. If a TM does make a 'mon overpowered, well; most of them are one - time use only and anyone can cheese a game if they want to. I have made a slight alteration from vanilla and removed toxic from most non - poison mons, and it just thematically seems wierd. However, I did add Sandstorm to the Cat evolution line (Kudos if you can somehow make that work for you!)

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: September 23, 2012, 08:29:08 pm »

Hello all, sorry I was unable to make it to the chat.

I've been juggling around a couple of ideas for the dragons, and thought I should post what I've collected.

The 4 dragons are defined by the Eastern Dragon, Western Dragon, Sea Serpent, and Hydra.

The Sea Serpent, tenatively dubbed Wasserl, has typing (Water/Dragon)

The Hydra, tenatively dubbed Decalisk, has typing (Steel/Dragon)

The Western Dragon, currently unnamed, has typing (Fire/Dragon)

The Eastern Dragon, currently unnamed, has typing (Electric/Dragon)

The typing is set up to produce a Wasserl>(Western Dragon)>Decalisk>(Eastern Dragon)>Wasserl

Opinions People? I don't want to feel like I'm invisible again.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: September 23, 2012, 08:40:28 pm »

I think they're kind of interesting but seeing as I have roughly zero involvement in this project due to me being a lazy bastard I doubt that counts for much.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: September 23, 2012, 09:13:26 pm »

This WAS done at one point, but then I think someone undid it. We haven't come up with many TM/HM move lists anyway, though, so still something that needs to be done.

Opinions People? I don't want to feel like I'm invisible again.
There's been so many suggestions for them that have been immediately forgotten that I don't think anyone CARES any more about the legendaries. If you really want someone to care - focus on one, forget the others, suggest a sort of design, preliminary moveset, and how he might fit into a plot element, and don't worry about general "all four" overviews.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: September 23, 2012, 10:11:13 pm »

Agreed, but I like that set as it is now. Basically at this point if you come up with descriptions/plot involvement (probably the hard part) I'd say they're good to go. The movesets and stats aren't super hard and I'd help out with one or two (after you did one so I can see your style) if you wanted.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:13:28 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: September 24, 2012, 11:03:36 am »

So yeah... I won't be there. Working late AND anniversary. :/ Sorry, forgot.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 166