Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 166

Author Topic: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!  (Read 150280 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Striking the ROM! (In a productive way)
« Reply #315 on: December 06, 2011, 05:13:07 pm »

Ah ok. Just wondering cause if we were using Rby/Saphire we could use the day/night cycle to have a boogeymen expy
It's FEF, not FEOF

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 06, 2011, 05:13:24 pm »

Shouldn't it be Dlobok/Dlobetuk?
But that sounds stupid.

Yes I am sad that we will have no day/night. :( Ah well.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 06, 2011, 06:23:31 pm »

Actually maybe we could have boogeymen in some form.I was thinking maybe you could be given an egg by a mysterious traveler, or maybe they could be found in some hard to reach area called something like The Forest of Eternal Night or something. I was thinking they could be the dreaded Dark/Ghost combo, and have high offense and speed, offset by low defense and an ability that either lowers their stats or causes a status effect to them when the sunny day type weather is in effect
It's FEF, not FEOF

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #318 on: December 06, 2011, 07:23:14 pm »

This seems very recent...

My two cents - the "reduce HP to 1 and no less" is actually in the game (though it doesn't ALWAYS make the HP 1 ... it's just a regular attack). I think it was "False Swipe". If you want an attack that never fails to reduce HP to 1, simply up the base power to 200 or something...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 06, 2011, 09:27:14 pm »

Code: [Select]
Dlobok (Normal/Ground) -22-> Dlobetuk (Normal/Ground)
Ability: Pickup

Dlobok
HP: 40
Atk: 28
Def: 25
SAtk: 16
SDef: 21
Spe: 76
BST: 206

Dlobetuk
HP: 65
Atk: 73
Def: 60
SAtk: 52
SDef: 57
Spe: 146
BST: 453

These seem like good stat spreads for them? Personally, I think I may have given Dlobetuk too much speed.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:43:33 pm by drakon136 »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 06, 2011, 09:32:21 pm »

Also, I've been thinking about the "Migrant" mons - I think having 5 different colors would be a good idea (each with a different ability or pair of abilities and allotment of stats), and each type learns no moves on their own, starting only with "Leer" and maybe tackle or some other weak attack. However, they are capable of learning any TM/HM at all, making them quite versatile, and meaning its hard for an opponent to know what to use against them since they can pull out nearly anything.

I could roll with that. I think they should learn at least some moves (Rage if nothing else), but generally have a crap learnset with decent stats. When we're defining the Mons trainers have, can we define the moves of those Mons as well? For this to work, we need the NPC's who use them to be able to surprise the trainer as well.

I'm not sure whether they should be Normal, or have the element associated with their color, or have a single evolution that gives them that element type.

Also: Sprites are 67x67, yes?

Cautionsaurus! I don't know what types it has or moves it learns, but a monetary theme is appropriate- Pay Day is a must!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 06, 2011, 09:37:31 pm »

do sprites that reach the top of the tile the top of the screen?

If so, you can just have a bronse foot for the colossus.

otherwise not.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 06, 2011, 09:38:28 pm »

@monk12 64x64

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 06, 2011, 09:39:01 pm »

These seem like good stat spreads for them? Personally, I think I may have given Dlobetuk too much speed.
They look pretty good. The evolution may have a bit too much attack if we want it to feel like it doesn't hit all that hard (the average attack for all fully evolved pokemon in vanilla is 90, this guy hits harder than Charizard :P), but other than that it looks good. Maybe move a couple points from Attack to Special Attack so it isn't as good with its own moves but can use special-based TMs a little better?

Edit: or into speed :P. Bonus if you can get his speed above 180 and make him faster than every pokemon ever! (this is very likely a bad idea)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:45:34 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 06, 2011, 09:44:25 pm »

There. Took 12 Atk and added it to SAtk.
And no comments on the speed? :/

And a summary of what we have so far for them:
Code: [Select]
Dolbok (Normal/Ground) -22-> Dolbetuk (Normal/Ground)
Ability: Pickup

Scratch 1
Growl 1
Sand Attack 5
Agility 9
Fury Swipes 12
Helping Hand 16
Thief 19
Flatter 23
Taunt 23
Mud Slap 26 27
Snatch 31 33
Headbutt 35 37
Baton Pass 39 42
Swords Dance 45 48
Psych Up 50 54

Stat Spread

Dolbok Dolbetuk
HP: 40 HP: 65
Atk: 28 Atk: 73
Def: 25 Def: 60
SAtk: 16 SAtk: 52
SDef: 21 SDef: 57
Spe: 76 Spe: 146
BST: 206 BST: 453
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:50:34 pm by drakon136 »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 06, 2011, 09:46:41 pm »

@monk12 64x64

....dammit!

Speedy-quick 'bolds works for me. I like it.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 06, 2011, 09:49:42 pm »

Oh, sorry. My "looks good" was with regards to everything including the speed, I was just vague. I like!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 06, 2011, 09:51:45 pm »

:/ So I guess I'm the only one that has a problem with its speed. Oh well, I'll leave it as-is.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 06, 2011, 09:55:13 pm »

Well if you really don't like it, drop it 10 points and add 2 to everything else. It's definitely high, but it's also definitely not the highest. It's up there with Jolteon and Electrode and slower than Ninjask.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 06, 2011, 10:02:53 pm »

By the way what do you guys think of my boogeyman proposal?

Actually maybe we could have boogeymen in some form.I was thinking maybe you could be given an egg by a mysterious traveler, or maybe they could be found in some hard to reach area called something like The Forest of Eternal Night or something. I was thinking they could be the dreaded Dark/Ghost combo, and have high offense and speed, offset by low defense and an ability that either lowers their stats or causes a status effect to them when the sunny day type weather is in effect
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 10:17:22 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 166