Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 166

Author Topic: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!  (Read 150292 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Striking the ROM! (In a productive way)
« Reply #300 on: December 05, 2011, 10:01:45 pm »

Maybe make a NPC trainer based off Jessie from my LP. Just give her the most batshit insane team avaliable if possible.

If anyone deserves it, its the thread that started it all!

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 05, 2011, 10:16:59 pm »

I present to you all a new sprite for the floatermon that is even uglier and scarier than the O Hai.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 05, 2011, 10:59:32 pm »

Plump helmets are done.
Code: [Select]
Plump Helmet -23-> Plump Helmet man (Grass)
Ability: Effect Spore (randomly poisons/sleeps/paralyzes on contact)

Tackle 1
Absorb 1
Growth 5
Mud Slap 8
Poison Powder 11
Mega Drain 14
Sleep Powder 17
Leech Seed 21
Ingrain 25 26
Mud Shot 29 31
Aromatherapy 34 37
Giga Drain 39 43
Spore 44 50

Helmet
HP 50
Attack 40
Defense 45
Special Attack 45
Special Defense 45
Speed 50
Total 275

Helmet man
HP 90
Attack 50
Defense 80
Special Attack 80
Special Defense 90
Speed 65
Total 455
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 05, 2011, 11:42:45 pm »

Turns out they weren't done!
Shush (Grass) -23-> Shruman (Grass) -Dwarf stone-> Shushtaki (Grass/Fighting)
Ability: Effect Spore (Shush/Shruman), Speed Boost (Shushtaki)

Tackle 1
Absorb 1
Growth 5
Mud Slap 8
Poison Powder 11
Mega Drain 14
Sleep Powder 17
Leech Seed 21
Ingrain 25 26
Mud Shot 29 31
Karate Chop 31
Aromatherapy 34 37
Swords Dance 37
Giga Drain 39 43
Leaf Blade 43
Spore 44 50
Cross Chop 50

Shush
HP 50
Attack 40
Defense 45
Special Attack 45
Special Defense 45
Speed 50
Total 275

Shruman
HP 90
Attack 50
Defense 80
Special Attack 80
Special Defense 90
Speed 65
Total 455

HP 80
Attack 90
Defense 75
Special Attack 75
Special Defense 75
Speed 60
Total 455
So there's a choice, you can keep it a shroom man and have it learn drain/control moves or evolve it and have it learn more damaging fighting moves.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:14:15 am by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 06, 2011, 11:29:36 am »

I think we should do an Ohmu line and slug worms.

Also, I've got a really fun mon planned, but I'm gonna be keeping it to myself. ;) You'll see it when you play, haha.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:36:16 am by GlyphGryph »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 06, 2011, 12:17:43 pm »

So I was thinking about the contests, and how we could intergrate it into the main story line or make it have a little plot line of its own. So then I thought about what stats a good contest Pokemon would have. So eventually I came up with a possessed top hat that would have crappy stats, but learn a lot of (low-level) moves, the idea being that it would suck in a fight, but would have a large selection for you to mix and match for a contrest. And then I drew the Pokemon. With a ghostly body. And then a monocle. And a cane. And a mustache. And so I came up with two new ideas:

Poltihat: (Ghost) 'A piece of head gear possessed by forces beyond our ken. Needless to say the dwarfs have trained it to fight.' Could a Ghasty expy, or it could follow my original idea and be focused around contests.

Poltiman: (Ghost) 'The spirit of a gentleman that has returned from the afterlife to lay the smack down on the living. Some say that its power lies in its giant mustache.' I was thinking about making it Ghost/Fighting, so that it could lay the smack down on other Pokemon, but that would be silly. Though not as silly as some of the other ideas I have.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 06, 2011, 12:43:53 pm »

Hmm... how useless did you want the kobolds to be? Based on the descriptions I've built up a list of moves, but I'm not sure how much damage you want them to do. And by "you" I mean whoever came up with them/wants to have input. The descriptions are:

Dolbok - A lithe and clever creature that wields a primitive weapon.

Dolbetuk - Friendly and intelligent, Dolbetuk is known more for its expressiveness and agility than for its prowess in combat. They are popular among trainers who enjoy cute monsters, but are often abandoned when the trainer realizes

I like how the second one just ends with "realizes," like they even abandoned describing the thing. But yeah. I could have it learn mostly non-damaging skills and low-damage Normal stuff until late when it learns Belly Drum and Double-Edge or something like that, so it CAN do damage but really only if it hurts itself? Also, type. Normal? Normal/Ground? Ground/Dark? Also curious about typing for Mr. Tusks and the Skelefaint.

Mr.Tusks - A dwarf elephant

Skelefaint - A tiny skeletal elephant

Typing up ideas I accidentally put Normal/Ghost as an option, then realized how weird it is that that's never happened.

Also, if there are mons that someone doesn't want me to do moves/stats for, just let me know! I won't get offended :P At this point I'm just fiddling with things when I have spare time because it's fun to me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 06, 2011, 01:08:44 pm »

Bluerobin, for the kobolds I was thinking maybe some useful abilities, like stealing and the like, that weren't directly combat related? Perhaps giving them baton pass and a handful (maybe through TM) of buff up moves, turning them into a kind of team mascot as potential effective role as well?

I think normal/ground makes sense makes sense for the kobolds as well.

Mr. Tusks is normal, in my mind, and like all the Skeletons Skelefaint is origin-type+dark, so in this case 'normal/dark'.

Also, I've been thinking about the "Migrant" mons - I think having 5 different colors would be a good idea (each with a different ability or pair of abilities and allotment of stats), and each type learns no moves on their own, starting only with "Leer" and maybe tackle or some other weak attack. However, they are capable of learning any TM/HM at all, making them quite versatile, and meaning its hard for an opponent to know what to use against them since they can pull out nearly anything.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 01:11:50 pm by GlyphGryph »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 06, 2011, 01:23:45 pm »

We're going to have a lot of Dark mons and surprisingly few Ghost ones if all the skeletons are dark. That works though, it's how it typically ends up I think.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 06, 2011, 01:29:20 pm »

I was actually thinking the skeletons and Lunicron would be essentially the entirety of our "dark" team, with dark in this case pretty much representing necromancy. However, ghost might work as well, but ghosts feel very different from skeletons in my mind.

I've still got a few ideas for ghost types, I don't think a lack of them will be an issue.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #310 on: December 06, 2011, 02:32:14 pm »

remember the SHADOW. SHADE.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 06, 2011, 03:08:31 pm »

What shadow?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 06, 2011, 04:18:01 pm »

I forgot. Were we using ruby/sapphire or were we using firered/leafgreen
It's FEF, not FEOF

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 06, 2011, 04:20:45 pm »

Dolbok - A lithe and clever creature that wields a primitive weapon.

Dolbetuk - Friendly and intelligent, Dolbetuk is known more for its expressiveness and agility than for its prowess in combat. They are popular among trainers who enjoy cute monsters, but are often abandoned when the trainer realizes

Shouldn't it be Dlobok/Dlobetuk?

Dlobok (Normal/Ground) -22-> Dlobetuk (Normal/Ground)
Ability: Pickup

Scratch 1
Growl 1
Sand Attack 5
Agility 9
Fury Swipes 12
Helping Hand 16
Theif 19
Flatter 23
Taunt 23
Mud Slap 26 27
Snatch 31 33
Headbutt 35 37
Baton Pass 39 42
Swords Dance 45 48
Psych Up 50 54

Basically, totally weak at the start, decent at mid levels, and a good Baton-Passer at high levels. Choice of Taunt or Flatter depending on whether you evolve right away. Also, all the stealing moves because you know, kobold.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 04:22:46 pm by kinseti »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 06, 2011, 05:12:12 pm »

I forgot. Were we using ruby/sapphire or were we using firered/leafgreen

We're using Firered as the base.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 166