Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 166

Author Topic: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!  (Read 150276 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Striking the ROM! (In a productive way)
« Reply #285 on: December 05, 2011, 08:29:55 pm »

FINALLY the forums load for me! Cave floatermons moves/stats/abilities! They still need a name, by the way.
Code: [Select]
Floater1 -16-> Floater2 -28-> Floater3(Flying/Poison)
Leer 1
Defense Curl 1
Smog 4
Leech Life 6
Acid 9
Gust 12
Minimize 15
Poison Powder 18 19
Slam 21 23
Selfdestruct 24 27
Aerial Ace 28 31 32
Lock On 32 35 37
Toxic 36 40 43
Bounce 40 45 49
Sludge Bomb 44 50 55
Explosion 49 56 61

Floater 1
HP 25
Attack 40
Defense 45
Special Attack 35
Special Defense 45
Speed 50
Total 250

Floater 2
HP 45
Attack 60
Defense 65
Special Attack 50
Special Defense 62
Speed 65
Total 347

Floater 3
HP 60
Attack 90
Defense 85
Special Attack 60
Special Defense 80
Speed 85
Total 460
Behold the unholy offspring of the Hoppip line and the Koffing line. I'm thinking dual abilities so they could be either Liquid Ooze (deals damage to things that try to drain health from them) or Keen Eye (no accuracy reduction for Floater 1) -> Poison Point (chance of poisoning on contact with Floaters 2 and 3). In my head they're basically a floating ball of poison with a bunch of eyestalks, so those abilities just kind of seemed right. There's a delay on the poisoning moves they get, so you shouldn't get poisoned right after stepping out of Pallet-equivalent. Actually unless you hit a level 4 one, they don't have any attacks at all. I'm debating switching Smog and Leech Life and dropping Leech Life to level 3, but I kind of like them not having an attack for a little bit. I'm also debating switching out Lock On for Acid Armor (boosts defensex2) or Bulk Up (boosts attack and defense 1 each) and Aerial Ace feels weird, but there aren't a lot of Flying options for things that don't have wings! As always, input's great.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 05, 2011, 08:30:31 pm »

If Scamps is a legendary what type will he be?

EDIT: Was the night and day cycle present in generation 3? I forgot
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:41:26 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 05, 2011, 08:48:12 pm »

can we make him every type?

Seriously, maybe normal? normal/dark?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 05, 2011, 08:50:35 pm »

can we make him every type?

Seriously, maybe normal? normal/dark?

Considering that the dark type is caled the Evil type in Japan I don't think it really fits
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 05, 2011, 08:54:43 pm »

This project sounds pretty awesome, but can I suggest that you don't just add a bunch of DF stuff into the game? I mean dwarf fortress is great and all, but show some love to the other games/memes/whatever from the bay12 community.

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 05, 2011, 08:55:51 pm »

We will. It says so in the opening post. We're just making the DF based stuff first since it's the easiest to come up with stuff for
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 05, 2011, 08:56:44 pm »

We will. It says so in the opening post. We're just making the DF based stuff first since it's the easiest to come up with stuff for
Okay, just thought that since there was quite a lot of DF content meant that the creators were more interested in that.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 05, 2011, 09:00:05 pm »

Heh...should they name the random trainers around the world as forumites?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 05, 2011, 09:02:56 pm »

Heh...should they name the random trainers around the world as forumites?
This would make me very happy, I mean who doesn't want to destroy Darvi's or Japa's pokemon?
Welcome to Reality.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 05, 2011, 09:06:11 pm »

FINALLY the forums load for me! Cave floatermons moves/stats/abilities! They still need a name, by the way.
Code: [Select]
Floater1 -16-> Floater2 -28-> Floater3(Flying/Poison)
Leer 1
Defense Curl 1
Smog 4
Leech Life 6
Acid 9
Gust 12
Minimize 15
Poison Powder 18 19
Slam 21 23
Selfdestruct 24 27
Aerial Ace 28 31 32
Lock On 32 35 37
Toxic 36 40 43
Bounce 40 45 49
Sludge Bomb 44 50 55
Explosion 49 56 61

Floater 1
HP 25
Attack 40
Defense 45
Special Attack 35
Special Defense 45
Speed 50
Total 250

Floater 2
HP 45
Attack 60
Defense 65
Special Attack 50
Special Defense 62
Speed 65
Total 347

Floater 3
HP 60
Attack 90
Defense 85
Special Attack 60
Special Defense 80
Speed 85
Total 460
Behold the unholy offspring of the Hoppip line and the Koffing line. I'm thinking dual abilities so they could be either Liquid Ooze (deals damage to things that try to drain health from them) or Keen Eye (no accuracy reduction for Floater 1) -> Poison Point (chance of poisoning on contact with Floaters 2 and 3). In my head they're basically a floating ball of poison with a bunch of eyestalks, so those abilities just kind of seemed right. There's a delay on the poisoning moves they get, so you shouldn't get poisoned right after stepping out of Pallet-equivalent. Actually unless you hit a level 4 one, they don't have any attacks at all. I'm debating switching Smog and Leech Life and dropping Leech Life to level 3, but I kind of like them not having an attack for a little bit. I'm also debating switching out Lock On for Acid Armor (boosts defensex2) or Bulk Up (boosts attack and defense 1 each) and Aerial Ace feels weird, but there aren't a lot of Flying options for things that don't have wings! As always, input's great.

Hooray for re-existing forums! Normally there's a couple Routes before the first Gym- this would do well for our Viridian Forest equivalent area.

All in all, looks pretty good. I think I do like Acid Armor more than Lock On there. I'm not to concerned about the dearth of Flying moves, since I think Floater's less about out-flying you and more about poisoning you. Might even switch it to Poison/Flying instead, although I have no idea if that matters. Unfortunately, I've got no idea what the name should be.

FAKEEDIT: FOUR NEW REPLIES!

@Bdthemag- yeah, most of my ideas thus far have been DF related simply because it is easier to come up with DF Mons. Please, speak up if you've got some thoughts on general Bay12 memes!

And I do like the idea of having the more notable forumites in the game as trainers, although I'm leery of turning this into a popularity contest.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 05, 2011, 09:07:50 pm »

Well, it's not like we'll all get into an arguement about who's more popular. They're just small roles where the trainer say's a line and then battles the person, not really that big of a deal.
Welcome to Reality.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 05, 2011, 09:09:25 pm »

The forumites as trainers thing is already planned, yes. Every trainer will be named after a forumite, though we may modify some names to make them more dwarfy sounding, since you'll all be dwarves. There's quite a lot of trainers in the game, so I honestly don't see it being a problem. That being said, forumites will NOT be gym leaders or anything like that.

That said, note that we already have several non-df monsters:
While the cat-5 (Cable Pokemon) is DF inspired, I wouldn't really call it a DF monster, and one of starters (The Unicorn line) is based on a completely different fandom. It has a DF tie in, so it fits the starting theme being legendary DF species, but all the references in the line are based on something completely different.

If you want to come up with completely original mons, feel free! The more people involved willing to do some work, the merrier. ^_^

Though there will definitely be strong DF ties - I mean, look at the name! But don't worry - there will be MSPA, GC, MLP, and Minecraft references as well, I'm sure.

Also, you two should hop in our chat room :P

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 05, 2011, 09:10:41 pm »

And on that note someone should make a Creeper themed grass type line
It's FEF, not FEOF

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 05, 2011, 09:13:27 pm »

Heheh.

For those looking to contribute, what we REALLY need right now is for people to help us update the wiki! There's a ton of great info in this thread, but it needs to be moved over to the wiki for reference, and anyone who can do that has my eternal gratitude. Okay, momentary gratitude, but still, it would be much appreciated. I'm working on the Uncarp line right now, and I'm gonna do the crundle, but every mon at least needs a page created and if their moveset added to it if its in the thread.

Here's the template page to follow:
https://github.com/GlyphGryph/Bay12Pokemon/wiki/Dwarfomon-template/_edit

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 05, 2011, 10:00:48 pm »

Maybe make a NPC trainer based off Jessie from my LP. Just give her the most batshit insane team avaliable if possible.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 166