Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 166

Author Topic: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!  (Read 150263 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Striking the ROM! (In a productive way)
« Reply #270 on: December 05, 2011, 05:58:32 pm »

I had no idea what Cave Floaters were before that link. Now I realize we have our own demented flavor of Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 05, 2011, 06:02:52 pm »

If we do put in the flying heads, we could have the last skeleton be a skull with wings that evolves from it. And then we have our full skeleton team.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 05, 2011, 06:07:09 pm »

Heh. Mr. Tusks

I had no idea what Cave Floaters were before that link. Now I realize we have our own demented flavor of Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff.

YES. Oh so very much yes.

If we do put in the flying heads, we could have the last skeleton be a skull with wings that evolves from it. And then we have our full skeleton team.

Works for me- maybe have a Gym Leader who specializes in them. Replace the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town with a Necromancer's Tower.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 05, 2011, 06:09:27 pm »

Speaking of gyms. Perhaps we could have Battlefailed or one of it's successors as a seaside town with a poison type Gym
It's FEF, not FEOF

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 05, 2011, 06:10:31 pm »

But Monk, how did you know he was going to be a very small elephant? Heheheh.

I like the idea of the Necromancers tower. It would be cool if we could make them all uncatchable (since they belong to the 'mancer), but fill the tower with Tome Stones so the player can make their own with some effort.

Maybe have no random encounters, just fill it with 'trainers' that are actually invisible? And their dialogue is the voice of the necromancer taunting you as you ascend his tower!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:14:52 pm by GlyphGryph »

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 05, 2011, 06:18:59 pm »

I was trying to make the plump helmet man mon, but instead I went on a tangent and created, uh, something interesting...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 05, 2011, 06:19:48 pm »

I'd like to think h's in. No modifications to the sprite at all.

His name is Hai, he is fighting type but learns few fighting type moves. He does not evolve.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:21:49 pm by GlyphGryph »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 05, 2011, 06:26:09 pm »

I... are those button eyes? I think that's a pants monster.

Alternately, all the sprites/craziness that don't end up coupled with the regular Mons should have bad stats and end up in their own incoherent Area. Just for the lulz.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 05, 2011, 06:27:05 pm »

And said incoherent area shall look like a combination of glitch city, and a Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff comic
It's FEF, not FEOF

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 05, 2011, 06:29:12 pm »

"The Unfinished Fortress" or maybe "The Unfinished Island" - A land of misfit monsters that no trainer wants, they scrape by trying to build their own version of civilization.

Oh god, that's the perfect idea for the replacement for Seafoam Island. It's the land of misfit monsters.

Guys I just got conflicted. Is "Hai" good enough, or should the pants monster's full name be "O Hai"
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:32:47 pm by GlyphGryph »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 05, 2011, 06:41:40 pm »

"The Unfinished Fortress" or maybe "The Unfinished Island" - A land of misfit monsters that no trainer wants, they scrape by trying to build their own version of civilization.

Oh god, that's the perfect idea for the replacement for Seafoam Island. It's the land of misfit monsters.

Guys I just got conflicted. Is "Hai" good enough, or should the pants monster's full name be "O Hai"

Augh, uh... I guess I like O Hai better.

And said incoherent area shall look like a combination of glitch city, and a Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff comic

Yes! Just random tiles and stuff everywhere. I'm thinking Worldgen Reject theme. Actually, have any of you ever played Super Pokemon Eevee Edition? It's a mashup of Final Fantasy and Pokemon with a very strange meta plot- the reason I thought of it is because the really fourth-wall shattering moments take place in basically glitch city.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2011, 06:46:35 pm »

I think it's also appropriate that Glitch City would be on the island that was once home to the wondrous Missingno.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 05, 2011, 06:48:58 pm »

And then nestled underneath it all in a secret cavern full of puzzles that is only accessible post elite 4 is a extremely broken legendary?
It's FEF, not FEOF

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 05, 2011, 06:51:41 pm »

No. Every one you meet SAYS there's an extremely broken legendary.

In reality, there is just another O Hai.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 05, 2011, 06:52:54 pm »

And then nestled underneath it all in a secret cavern full of puzzles that is only accessible post elite 4 is a extremely broken legendary?

There we go, this'll be our version of Cerulean Cave. The surface is joke monsters with terribad stats, then beneath is Lethal Joke Mons that we nerfed or removed because they were too silly/strong, and at the end is the ridiculous Legendary. This might be a good place for Scamps.

FAKEEDIT: Or GlyphGryph's idea would be amusing too- I suppose it'll depend on what we've got leftover when we get that far.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 166