Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 166

Author Topic: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!  (Read 150364 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Striking the ROM! (In a productive way)
« Reply #495 on: December 13, 2011, 09:59:39 pm »

Well, Technically the advancement now is
      Cat-2 => Cat-5 => Cat-Clowd
So we could add a \\=> Something fire themed.

We'd still need a name for it, though.

Hmm.. names huh?
Well.. perhaps something containing words like FPS, RNG or something similar which would indicate randomism or FPS hog?

fakeedit: that's it! FPS Hog!
Drains FPS when used on certain Dwarfemon. (This line sounds like something the Dwarfedex could say.)

realedit: Or FPS drain.

edit 2: I suddenly burst with creativity!
This FPS hog item could have different uses depening of what Dwarfemon holds it.
Such as when held by some, it would drastically lower the speed of any Dwarfemon on the battlefield.
And some would even evolve when leveling while holding it.
Some would evolve into a different path than they would do without it, such as Catsplosion.
edit 3: as for the looks, make it look like a pump stack and call it FPS drain.  :P
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:13:54 pm by Ultimuh »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 13, 2011, 10:15:00 pm »

About dark/ghost types with wonder guard. You can use foresight or odor sleuth to remove ghost immunity to fighting, which is super effective against dark. You could also use toxic, or sandstorm/hail. So they aren't technically immune to damage.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 13, 2011, 10:22:07 pm »

They're immune to damage so long as only attacking moves are used, like I said. If a weather condition/status condition, or as you said, foresight/odor sleuth is used, then they're not invulnerable. In that case, it would be a nice challenge.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 13, 2011, 10:23:51 pm »

If it hasn't already been mentioned: CatX, Catclowd, and the fire stone evolution (re: name... what about "Catsplode"?) should have a passive effect ("Pathfinding" or "FPS Drain"?) that reduces the enemy's speed by a certain percent. More powerful evolutions could reduce speed by a larger amount.

If you can add new moves, have Catsplode able to use a somewhat changed version of Explosion/Self Destruct: Thermonuclear Catsplosion. Causes the enemy's speed to drop an outrageous amount, at the cost of all the cats (who, I suppose, would be butchered as a result).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:27:42 pm by DrKillPatient »
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 13, 2011, 10:33:05 pm »

Thermonuclear Catsplosion- Purrnobyl. Alternately, Hiroshimew.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 13, 2011, 10:33:56 pm »

...Choice number 1. Choice 2 is kinda distasteful
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 13, 2011, 10:36:03 pm »

...Choice number 1. Choice 2 is kinda distasteful

I for one thought they were hilarious.  :P
But sure to offend someone.

Any way.. there will be no FPS Hog/Drain hold item then?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:37:46 pm by Ultimuh »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 13, 2011, 11:05:56 pm »

Boogeyman
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 13, 2011, 11:23:50 pm »

For now I don't think we have a way to make new items. We can rename things quite easily, but if there's something you want that doesn't already exist in FireRed consider it a very long shot and unlikely.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 14, 2011, 08:15:56 am »

Finished a (tenative) move list for the Spiders

Code: [Select]
                Cavider        Givider
Fury Swipes                       1
Scratch            5
String Shot        7   
Poison Sting       8
Bite               13
Screech            17
Fury Cutter        22
Slash              25
Poison Fang        29            30
Crunch             31            33
Hyperfang                        40

I'm using the temporary Names Cavider and Givider for the CS and GCS, and decided against a CCS. I projected having them evolve at level 27.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:37:39 am by bulborbish »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 14, 2011, 09:48:04 am »

Add Glare to Givider, or Stun Spore.
If we can edit moves we could have a fang move cause paralysis 100%.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 14, 2011, 09:59:11 am »

It's a good variety of damaging moves, but there are only two non-damaging ones and they're both pretty early. I'd say Glare or Stun Spore would be good and Spider Web needs to be in there somewhere (for thematic reasons if nothing else). Also, possibilities: Scary Face, Haze, Torment, Bulk Up, Double Team, and maybe Camouflage.

Also, what typing were you thinking of using for them? Poison/Dark? Or just one or the other? Maybe Normal in there somewhere?

Nice work so far!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 14, 2011, 03:54:21 pm »

Also, what typing were you thinking of using for them? Poison/Dark? Or just one or the other? Maybe Normal in there somewhere?

Nice work so far!

I was going for Bug/Poison for Cavider, and debating whether to switch out Bug for Dark Type when it evolved.

Add Glare to Givider, or Stun Spore.
If we can edit moves we could have a fang move cause paralysis 100%.
It's a good variety of damaging moves, but there are only two non-damaging ones and they're both pretty early. I'd say Glare or Stun Spore would be good and Spider Web needs to be in there somewhere (for thematic reasons if nothing else). Also, possibilities: Scary Face, Haze, Torment, Bulk Up, Double Team, and maybe Camouflage.

Code: [Select]
                Cavider        Givider
Fury Swipes                       1
Scratch            5
String Shot        7   
Poison Sting       8
Double Team        11
Bite               13
Screech            17
Fury Cutter        22
Glare              25
Slash              27            27
Spider Web         27            27
Poison Fang        29            30
Crunch             31            33
Hyperfang                        40

Decided to add glare. Stun Spore seemed to not "fit" the theme that I imagine for them, so decided against it. I added spider web as part of the evolution package, along with bumping up Slash. Double Team was added to make it a interesting one early on.

Combined with the HMs I thought would work with them (Cut for both, Strength for Givider) this moveset probably works better. I always was used to the Blitz strategy in the games (Attack, attack, attack) so never got the hang of Stat moves.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 03:57:12 pm by bulborbish »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 14, 2011, 03:58:14 pm »

I'd honestly go with pure Bug. Bug/Poison is just made out of weaknesses with few advantages, isn't it?

I mean, the main point of poison is to poison people, which isn't boosted by STAB anyways.

Anyways, I'd say make him pure bug, and then the potential final evolution (with Tome Stone) to it's PhantomSpider form make him Bug/Ghost.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 14, 2011, 04:17:19 pm »

Okay, so the tree will just remain just pure bug. Do I have any other name/move suggestions that anyone wants to make?

I'm shying away from adding a second evolution to this tree. I liked the thought that GCS were the ultimate spider, and I still don't like adding anything to pass it.

I thought about adding a Ghost Spider (which I had gotten in my head were called Dusk spiders) as a seperate species though, and I can still work on them If you want. I do want to work on the trap tree first, and maybe some of the other undeveloped concepts if I have time.

REALEDIT

Also, I thought that we should at least change the name of the pokeballs. My tenative name for the basics were

Copper Ball
Iron Ball
Steel Ball
Adamant Ball

I also thought maybe Bronze balls to replace Premier Balls, and Gold to replace Safari Balls.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:20:48 pm by bulborbish »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 166