Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 166

Author Topic: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!  (Read 150300 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Striking the ROM! (In a productive way)
« Reply #360 on: December 07, 2011, 12:36:27 am »

Hahaha or that. Nothing like REALLY knowing how to blow yourself up.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 07, 2011, 12:39:41 am »

Did we have stats and abilities for Boatborn/Boatforged? I'm actually adding mons to the game at the moment.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 07, 2011, 12:41:31 am »

They're on the spreadsheet. Can't get to it right now or I'd copy them here.

Edit: Stats should be born, forged, murdad from left to right. Same with uncarp line. Unicorn line is actually top to bottom instead of left to right if I remember right, with perlestia on the left and otherone on the right in the third row.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 12:43:56 am by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 07, 2011, 12:50:11 am »

Isn't he supposed to have Mean Look?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 07, 2011, 10:04:28 am »

You're right... he is. I wonder if that move list is somehow out of date or just not right. I'll have a look in a minute, sorry I didn't catch it last night. :-\

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 07, 2011, 10:43:19 am »

Doublepost for new Boatblanked moveset. Basically I just added Mean Look and nudged the learn levels of the moves around it so they're spaced out a little bit. Overall not much change.
Code: [Select]
Boatborn -16-> Boatforged -36-> Boatmurdad (Fire/Ghost)
Ability: Flame Body

Tackle 1
Leer 1
Astonish 6
Ember 8
Rage 10
Curse 13
Uproar 16 16
Fire Spin 20 21
Confuse Ray 23 25
Mean Look 25 27
Headbutt 27 30
Scary Face 31 35 38
Flamethrower 36 40 43
Shadow Punch 40 45 48
Destiny Bond 44 50 53
Overheat 49 55 58
Doom Desire 55 60 64

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 07, 2011, 10:53:38 am »

The actual rom-hacking is a bit more time consuming than I expected. Please, anyone willing to do help out on this front, we could use the assistance - it's basically following the instructions in the link from the first post, it's just a long process

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 07, 2011, 10:57:23 am »

Someone said in IRC that they'd be up for helping on the coding end if we ended up needing it... but I don't remember who it was. I'm pretty sure it was two nights ago (or three nights ago if it wasn't two) if you wanted to have a look in the chat log. I'll try and remember. Which part is looking to be more time intensive? Or is it all of it?

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 07, 2011, 11:01:20 am »

I haven't been on IRC recently, but I'd be willing to help with some of the more long term coding stuff, i.e. in about a month. I'm about to go on break, so I'll be around my computer much more sporadically until then.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 07, 2011, 11:02:13 am »

Mostly getting the sprites in, really. The Actual mon data entry is pretty straightforward.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 07, 2011, 11:03:13 am »

Oh yeah, that did look kind of ridiculously convoluted. I'll help out when I'm home and around.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 07, 2011, 11:20:06 am »

Remember, if you want to do the actual hacking, you'll need a github account so I can add you as a collab, and make sure to check it out in the IRC before working on it by altering your nick.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 07, 2011, 12:17:48 pm »

Ah ok. Just wondering cause if we were using Rby/Saphire we could use the day/night cycle to have a boogeymen expy

Yes I am sad that we will have no day/night. :( Ah well.

I've just had a brilliant idea. Since Firered doesn't have its own day/night cycle, we can just make one ourselves. Eggs are hatched after you walk so many steps, right? Therefore we should be able to add to a varible whenever the player takes a step. After walking so many steps the time flips, so day progresses into night and so on. The only problem is showing the changes in the game. We probably can't change the tileset while the player is still in the area, and I have no idea if it's even possible to change the pokemon that pop out of tall grass. But then I had another idea. The game uses warp points to jump between maps, so all we have to do is have two connections between each map. One would only work during the 'day', the other during the night. We definitively can change which connection can be accessed while the player is still on the map, as shown by the entrances to cycling road, where you can enter on foot and then proceed on your bike. So in conclusion, we could probably just create our own day/night cycle. We just need to keep track of steps, have two maps of the same place (for day/night) and some creative reasons why some warp points only work half of the time.

(I probably didn't explain my idea too clearly. If you have any questions about it, just ask and I'll try to clarify as much as possible. Though really, all you have to know is that I've come up with a crazy way to add a day/night cycle to the game.)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 07, 2011, 12:25:52 pm »

I very much doubt thats going to be possible, sorry.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #374 on: December 07, 2011, 12:29:32 pm »

a HUE change in colour could be used, but that would only be graphical, while an inside clock IS present in the game, it's just there to show time.
rpg maker VX has a series of mods which can be used, but that's simply for creating your own rpg in the old graphical style.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 166