Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 166

Author Topic: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!  (Read 150358 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Migrants always welcome!
« Reply #2220 on: August 20, 2012, 07:24:34 am »

Glyph could do it.

Oh wait, he's gone.

D:<

Uhm...

Johuo's pretty good with sprites, and so is Darvi, and so is Bluerobin, and so is USEC... It's a pretty good starting sprite, McSafety.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: August 20, 2012, 09:38:32 am »

Oh hey there's my name. At the very least I should finish up the dessert macaques. Welp, I'll see what I can do in the next few nights. Does anyone want another IRC session at some point to figure out where we are and where we need to focus? I know most people are busy with jobs/school, but I figured I may as well ask. Also, did we ever get the underground path map added into the ROM and functional?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: August 20, 2012, 10:05:16 am »

Well I'll be busy for the next few days but I could IRC friday maybe?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2223 on: August 20, 2012, 01:42:17 pm »

Johuo's pretty good with sprites

You mean me?  ???  I dont know anything about spriting or doing anything artistic except making stuff look like vomit brown.

Also, did we ever get the underground path map added into the ROM and functional?

Well its not connected to anything, but the connections dont work from the second town forward anyway. It's quite a mess really.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:47:03 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

mcsafety

• Bay Watcher
  • ;p
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: August 20, 2012, 05:20:55 pm »

[quote  author=Skyrunner  link=topic=97111.msg3541059#msg3541059  date=1345463697]It could use some shading ...
[/quote]

i tried.. I don't really know how to shade tho
name: magmammal
type:  Fire/kangaroo
evoles into Magkingbird (and gets wings and beak, with flying type and a crown )
pokedox: Magmammal was just a kangaroo until one day he ate coal, and it was so hot he got hot and he wanders the land burning his footsteps.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: August 20, 2012, 06:37:00 pm »

I'll try to be there. I was thinking about doing a trainer sprite or two for the Deep Roads.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2226 on: August 20, 2012, 09:14:09 pm »

[quote  author=Skyrunner  link=topic=97111.msg3541059#msg3541059  date=1345463697]It could use some shading ...

i tried.. I don't really know how to shade tho
[/quote]
Try using dithering to make the shades a bit smoother! Here's a tutorial.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mcsafety

• Bay Watcher
  • ;p
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: August 21, 2012, 01:00:16 am »

ok I dithered it like in the tutorial , if you can make it better go ahead i don't know what else to do... is it good enoguh now

edit : is there a sprite artist who can help me? :-* if you can lol it would be appreciated....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 04:33:11 am by mcsafety »
evoles into Magkingbird (and gets wings and beak, with flying type and a crown )
pokedox: Magmammal was just a kangaroo until one day he ate coal, and it was so hot he got hot and he wanders the land burning his footsteps.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: August 21, 2012, 10:59:11 am »

and so is Darvi,
Don't expect to see me again for however long it takes for me to recover from dying from choking of laughter.

Also, the shading in that last pic looks good. Maybe work on the proportions of the body to look more natural and you're good.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: August 21, 2012, 04:56:58 pm »

\

Tell me what I need to IRC on friday and I will be there after I get back from workingtons :)

mcsafety

• Bay Watcher
  • ;p
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: August 21, 2012, 09:02:21 pm »

i don't know how to draw proprotions more naturally, I based it off this picture tho if someone can help?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: August 22, 2012, 02:36:13 am »

In other news, I suck at drawing mammals that people often mistake for fish.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: August 26, 2012, 02:22:46 pm »

Hey guys, though I should update on a few things I'm working on for the moment.

I'm working on fleshing out the Dragon legendaries now, but I'm having trouble remembering all of the ones planned. I managed to plan out the Sea Serpent, the Hydra, and the [Standard European Dragon], but am having trouble remembering the final one. If anyone remembers, it would be nice for me to know.

I'm also working on a moveset for Medeor and Coppick, however I'll probably put them up at the same time as the Dragon's full information.

Finally, I decided to take a crack at trying to figure how on earth to code and work on the Rom. I'm making some progress, and should be able to start helping out on that end once I manage to figure out map insertion and connection to a satisfying degree.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: August 26, 2012, 05:05:00 pm »

A note on mapping: do not make new maps for outside areas. Inside areas, those are fine. You just use warps to get in and out of those. But if you make a new map and try and connect it to others in the overworld it just will not work. Speaking from experience here.
くコ:彡

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: August 26, 2012, 05:14:02 pm »

A note on mapping: do not make new maps for outside areas. Inside areas, those are fine. You just use warps to get in and out of those. But if you make a new map and try and connect it to others in the overworld it just will not work. Speaking from experience here.

Thanks for the tip. We just edit existing outside maps then?
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 166