Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 166

Author Topic: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Back to work!  (Read 150185 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Orthoclase & Microcline: Striking the ROM! (In a productive way)
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2011, 11:50:36 am »

Might want to modify the eyes a bit. As a bit of advice, when I was making the crundle I prepared myself by staring at a zoomed in firered/leafgreen mudkip sprite for a few minutes until I had the shading technique figured out
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2011, 12:27:12 pm »

I'm really strongly against changing the type chart. That's something that's been the same since basically forever and changing it just means you have to have a copy of the new one as a reference at all times (or build one yourself as you figure it out I guess?) to be able to figure out what moves to use. And that's assuming you know what type you're going up against with all the new mons. With new mons AND a new chart you really just have to use moves at random until you figure out what's useful against a certain mon, and then you don't know why it's super effective for sure, especially if it's a dual type. Honestly the combination of those factors is why I stopped playing touhoumon before the second gym.

I agree with the swap of Destiny Bond and Shadow Punch, that's been changed. I'm debating switching Uproar for Rage.

The Uncarp line could probably do without Moonlight, now that I'm looking at it. I think it could be swapped for Mean Look, but it feels kind of odd to have two starters that can both stop escape/swapping. I swapped Bone Rush with Bone Club for a bit less damage (but I like a skeletal carp having a bone move). Horn Drill makes sense with the description of the final evolution (since it has a giant horn and all). Was your main issue with it a thematic one or a technical one? "yeah what?" doesn't really mean much.

Stockpile's weak in Gen 3, but Spit Up is surprisingly powerful (100/200/300 base damage for 1/2/3 stockpiles). I agree with Milk Drink obsoleting Swallow where it's at (swallow is 25%/50%/100% recovery) so I moved it down. It's kind of a thematic gimmick at this point. Switching out Sheer Cold for Blizzard works though.

The cute-weakling-turned-offensive-powerhouse unicorn family moveset:
Code: [Select]
Tackle 1
Odor Sleuth 1
Fake Tears 6
Sing 9
Absorb 12
Sweet Kiss 15
Horn Attack 18 18
Ingrain 21 22
Metal Claw 25 26
Metal Sound 29 30
Magical Leaf 33 34
Body Slam 37 38
Psybeam 40
Jump Kick 40
Leaf Blade 41 42 45
Steel Wing 45
Morning Sun 45 47 50
Moonlight 45 47 50
Solar Beam 49 52 55
Meteor Mash 49 52 55
Calm Mind 57 60
Swords Dance 53
Tail Glow 53
Screech 53 57 60
Psycho Boost 66
Superpower 66
It's a little harder to interpret because of the divergent evolutions, but yeah.

And yeah, assume evolutions' attack tables include the moves they could have learned if they evolved at the earliest level.

Edit: eeeeugh most of those moves are really powerful for the level. Oh well, maybe I'll rework it later or maybe its stats will make up for it. I'm going to go do other stuff for a while.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 12:32:28 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2011, 12:41:24 pm »

Just found a decent reference for sprites in case people wanted it: http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokefrlg/index.html
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2011, 12:49:13 pm »

Just found a decent reference for sprites in case people wanted it: http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokefrlg/index.html

Oh... Excellent. I'll add it to the OP.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2011, 12:56:34 pm »

Better? :D

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2011, 01:07:01 pm »

The shading on the cap doesn't make any sense with the shading on the body, which indicates a light source from the front top left.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2011, 01:10:44 pm »

This will be our Pokemarket salesman/woman. I have decided so.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2011, 01:11:14 pm »

YES.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2011, 01:28:58 pm »

My attempt at Cat-2
Needs lots of work. :/

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2011, 01:31:26 pm »

Hehehe I like it!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2011, 01:51:17 pm »

They image would probably be better with them being larger and overlapping, I think, with their "necks" a bit more vertical. Bigger faces would give them more opportunities for expression and make their cat features more clear.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2011, 02:17:02 pm »

Macookie:

It's decent. It's a sandshrew base with doduo colors and a little mankey for shapes. I used the doduo to help with the head and eyes too. Actually the eyes are still identical...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:29:56 pm by Bluerobin »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2011, 02:31:37 pm »

That's adorable.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2011, 02:32:47 pm »

He's so scared! It's cool how much of Un67's is still in that picture, well done.

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2011, 02:41:22 pm »

I like it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 166