Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Rotbane - Dig Deeper Succession.  (Read 10223 times)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rotbane - Dig Deeper Succession.
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2012, 07:32:06 am »

Cobalt katanas and breastplates are awesome.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2012, 08:48:03 am »

Cobalt katanas and breastplates are awesome.
Awesome as roleplay or by it's effectiveness? I took a glance at raws, looks like cobalt is iron clone... maybe i'm wrong.
Anyway, I'm going to expand military to 5 bronze-clad guys, 2 axe, 2 spears, 1 hammer. I'm really annoyed with cavern fauna.
Can someone guide me with all this new modded stuff, weapons and helmets for the first? I'm lost here, what should we make and wear?

Gar's notes

#17. A swarm of elk birds at caverns. They don't attack for now, but who knows...
Massive mining of tetrahedrite started. I said - just mine it ALL! Too bad Eruth is still crippled, and his pick is down at the well.
Anyway, we'll get copper, we'll make bolts and chew some elk bird meat!
Speaking of meal, I think we make kitchen and transform that meat into tasty roasts.

#18. Another bunch of migrants. 7 mouths this time. The most useful are woodworker, humter and jeweler with sword skill. But we have no swords here, maybe later.

#19. We hardly had enough cassiterite to make full bronze equipment for all 5 soldiers, but we made it. One got injured while clearing caverns from elk birds - that was because he ran at the fight without his gauntlets on.
We're short of logs, and of charcoal. Coal industry is a pain in the ass!

#20. We dug to magma sea! Now we just need a way to move it up here. Uh oh...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 10:13:29 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2012, 09:45:40 am »

Kickass. Cobalt for recruits then bronze.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2012, 10:16:28 am »

Kickass. Cobalt for recruits then bronze.
No, I definitely won't fuck with monitoring their skills and change their equipment. Anyway, we ran out of fuel now.

Gar's notes

#21. Brewer was striken by inspiration. He locked himself at crafter shop, and now screaming for yarn and silk cloth. Anyway, I was going to start weaving...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 10:20:02 am by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2012, 03:10:07 am »

A question to OP:

Does channeling the surface doun to magma sea counts as "above-ground"? Technically the tile will have "light" and "above ground" flags, but I wonder. I want magma, after all!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2012, 03:52:33 am »

A question to OP:

Does channeling the surface doun to magma sea counts as "above-ground"? Technically the tile will have "light" and "above ground" flags, but I wonder. I want magma, after all!

Yup. Though your magma will be lava.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2012, 04:11:08 am »

A question to OP:

We'll transform magma sea to lava sea!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2012, 04:13:37 am »

A question to OP:

We'll transform magma sea to lava sea!
In soviet fortress, lava underground you!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2012, 09:31:39 am »

Gar's notes

#22. I've decided move some lava up here using huge rock piston. I think it's going to be one of greatest project in this world!
Brewer finally got his wool and silk, and making something... I hope it'll be my statue picturing me pulling lever to drop the piston...

#23. Artifact is dolomite amulet with image of menacing wings. Screw it.

#24. Guess what? Our well froze! Since we opened cavern lake to the sky, it freeze at mid-autumn, that is now. Shit. I think that's not the violation of "aboveground rule" to make another well undeground. In case of inspectors, we just lock them in welltower and let them drink from frozen well!

#25. Again seven new faces. Skilled all-metall worker, and high master engraver. We still don't have anything to engrave here.

#26. Goblins!!! One 10-men squad, one maceman and axemans. I'm worried we don't match them, so will lock gates for now.

#27. I formed new crossbow squad, but we have no bolts. The charge is delayed till we make amunition.
Kol Wallrenowned, pump operator claimed carpenter workshop...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:21:30 am by peregarrett »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2012, 03:22:38 pm »

You can pump magma/water up, build pumpstacks, that sort of thing. Just take what you need to the surface, or (when it comes to water) to the first soil layer below the surface.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2012, 03:36:11 pm »

You can pump magma/water up, build pumpstacks, that sort of thing. Just take what you need to the surface, or (when it comes to water) to the first soil layer below the surface.
Okay.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2012, 02:53:18 am »

Gar's notes
#28. Winter is upon us. We're still locked inside our fortress. Kol's mood resulted in fungiwood weapon rack with image of Queen on it. I ordered to put it at the middle of fortress, to cheer u citizens.
Since we're locked, well is inaccessible, so Lokum who still didn't got well after conflict with troglodite can't get water for cleaning wounds and drinking... I'm worried. I have to do something.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2012, 05:28:24 am »

Give Lokum a tomb? :d

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2012, 06:25:23 am »

Give Lokum a tomb? :d
No way!

Gar's notes

#28. Lokum got her wounds dressed and was released from hospital, to the dining hall. I'm happy about that!

#29. Kol was cutting trees dowb and was killed by cave troll. Our fort's first death. Troll got name Ardesthimshur - Authorpartner... Whatever, military was sent to avenge.
#30. Another woodcutter was struck down by troll, before militia got there.

#31. Invaders got bored and left. Not bad. Next time we'll meet them prepared!

#32. Spring has arrived! As the last order, I'm making nice quarters for myself, and for my Lokum, when she'll agree to marry me.
So, today I'm leavng the position of Rotbane's ruler, and here's the things I've done:

Our fort got second floor. There are smelter, forge, bars and blocks stockpile, loom and clothery placed. Loom produces silk, clothery makes silk ropes, and I myself encrust them with gems. Ropes are stored next to jewelry workshop.

Thisi the basement floor. Militia is training at the gates, almost fully bronze clad.
Where Sigun wandering is the graveyard. I ordered two crypts to be dug, for both our fallen woodcutters. Place there statues and other things.

This is launching pad of piston. Lever is placed at second floor, witn gen windows looking at support.

And here's the magma tank for the piston, deep underground. Put glass pump at the marked place to fill tank, and drop piston over it.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 08:16:30 am by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2012, 08:22:27 am »

The save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5333

This turn ended so early, I hardly started everything I wanted to make...  :'( Requesting next turn!
Ores were designated to be dug using vdigx from dfhack, so don't be crazy of these mad worm's holes =)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 08:27:21 am by peregarrett »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10