Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Rotbane - Dig Deeper Succession.  (Read 10242 times)

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
Re: Rotbane - Dig Deeper Succession.
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2011, 07:32:38 am »

yes, what is happening. WE MUST KNOW!!!

oh, and thanks for adding me to the play list.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2011, 10:40:28 am »

This succession game disturbingly lacks images, logs and other everythings that make succession games awesome to read and make.

I can't speak for drakon, but real life made it very difficult for me to get enough time to write a proper update.
I'll try to wirte something now that things calmed down a bit.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2011, 09:29:27 pm »

Yes, definitely needs pictures and writing or else we won't know what's going on! :)
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2011, 03:35:41 pm »

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures during the building but here goes a in-character log of my turn. It was a pretty calm year.

The log of Deathsword, Rogue Architect

Spring is nearing. It's been nearly an year since we arrived. The outpost liaison that came with the caravan brought orders from her highness. I am to be replaced as overseer by drakon. At least it's not those upstart "architects" that came with the migrant waves. I wasn't even going to write this, but the others kept pestering me about "needing to record the year for the future". Whatever.

After the wagon broke down and we decided to make Rotbane right here, I told the miner to start digging and fetch us some stone, since there are no trees in this blasted waste, she quickly found some metals while digging, thank the ancestors.

Our first priorities were building a tavern and a wall. When those were completed I told the craftsdwarfs we had among us, counting the migrants, to build their workshops and ordered a butcher to slaughter some of the animals we had milling about. They'd starve to death anyway, there's only sand and rock here, and we needed the meat.

When the caravan came, and that blasted order, we bought all their wood and turned into bed, which were placed in the newly-constructed quarters. Meanwhile one of our masons, Anubis I think, got all secretive and made a native gold throne, that I claimed for my own quarters, under construction at the time.

Apart from that I am rather proud to say it's been a quiet year, and the undead camels I see roaming the countryside have yet to bother us.

I can't say I'm happy with the situation, being deposed and all, but I'd rather keep my beard attached to my head than risk a riot.

End of log
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2011, 04:52:21 pm »

I love the whole "doesn't give a flying buzzard" attitude xD

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2011, 05:31:09 pm »

It's been 3 days. I'll send drakon a message, and if he fails to post somethng until the end of tomorrow, we'll go to the next one.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2011, 05:47:47 pm »

Another one bites the red sand pile of dust...

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2011, 06:05:48 pm »

Sorry guys! Haven't really had time to do it lately, and the one time I did, my computer crashed when I had most of spring done. :/ I'll start later today. Gotta do dishes first.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2011, 03:44:24 am »

I was thinking about the one little rule you put in there, the one about the fort having to be above ground? I guess this means engravings are out?
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2011, 08:27:53 am »

I was thinking about the one little rule you put in there, the one about the fort having to be above ground? I guess this means engravings are out?
Pretty much. Then again, statues can take their place.

Underground is only for mining, farming and using pumps to take magma or water to the surface.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2011, 04:37:06 pm »

:/ Sorry everyone, won't be able to do my turn.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2011, 04:48:10 pm »

Kingfisher is up then. PMing him now.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2011, 07:24:06 pm »

Pretty much. Then again, statues can take their place.

Underground is only for mining, farming and using pumps to take magma or water to the surface.

ah yes, statues. I had forgotten about them. basically above ground engravings. okay, well then Ill get to designing something for when my turn comes around

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2011, 10:33:27 pm »

Downloading......
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2011, 11:27:16 pm »

Wheres the save?
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10