Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Rotbane - Dig Deeper Succession.  (Read 10212 times)

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
Re: Rotbane - Dig Deeper Succession.
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2011, 05:02:06 am »

anything going on? or is this fort basically dead?
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #91 on: December 25, 2011, 07:23:38 am »

anything going on? or is this fort basically dead?

Nope, it's my turn now but what with christmas an all I can't really do much :P

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2011, 06:43:38 pm »

ah I see, sorry man, didn't mean to bug ya.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2012, 01:46:46 am »

OOps. Can't really spend a lot of time on it right now, you mind if my turn is pushed down a bit?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2012, 12:33:58 pm »

Sure, PMing next one. is 2 turns down enough?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2012, 12:50:02 pm »

Sure, PMing next one. is 2 turns down enough?

Yup:D

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2012, 02:18:22 pm »

Ok. I'll download it tomorrow and take a look ASAP. Hoping won't ask to skip me...

But.. where's the save?!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2012, 05:14:27 am »

Gar's notes

#1. So, starting as the second (AND PROBABLY THE MOST GLORIOUS) ruler of Rotbane, I must say - for now it looks not as bad as it could. Just small surface fort, with raisable bridge at the gates, and some basic industries installed. Dull.

We have no military, no traps, no defences at all, except for gates. So out main defence strategy was - lock inside and show them our arses through fortifications ofwr the gates. That should be changed!

So, first goal - defences and military! That means - fuel production, metal industries, militia trainings. And also - mechanisms, traps and other defence systems.
By the way, who made locking lever so close to the gate? Ambushers can get inside and occupy the control room befor anyone can pull that lever! we're having some rearranging here

#2. Morul Floorbraves, whol locked himself at Mason Workshop, made dolomite bed, called Balancecrystal. Encrusted with spikes of dolomite. Screw it.

#3. We struck cobalt ore. At least we have some metal that can be forged to weapons.
(OOC By the way, how good it is compared to vanilla DF metalls?)
And a few steps further mines struck tetrahedrite. We already have cassiterite vein, that means - bronze! We need fuel, but this forsaken place lack any trees. So - we'll farm mushroom lumber! Down to the caverns, and dig space for tree farm next to plant farms.

#4. We broke into cavern. Whoa! It's a treasured place - cavern walls show exits of galena, sphalerite, gold and mithril veins, and also a variety of gems!

#5. Caverns have a dark side apart from their treasures (nice saying, huh, thinking of cavern eternal darkness). Naked mole dogs rushing into our quarters and disturb citizens. We need militia!

#6. Lolor Netfights is now leader of our militia, i.e, of himself. He's the only dwarf here who has some experience with armor and weapon. i.e spear. But the only weapons we have here are pick axes and battle axes.

#7. Shit. That asshole went to snap just after he was promoted tomilitia commander. Wake up, asshole!

#8. And here comes a bunch migrants. 22 new hungry mouths with questionable skills. And a few domestic animals. Down to the cavern, grazers, chew some moss!
As for new comers, some of them are quite usable. We got high master grower, skilled miner, high masters mason and engraver (the problem is - what should he work at? Ok, we have some dolomite pebbes here. Let's smooth them and engrave), talented mechanic - that's really good, since ours suck, some of newbies know how to handle crossbow.. Fine, to the work now!

#9. Lolor woke up, and pursuing mole dog all over the walls. Through the main square - ramps up tp the wall - to the northern wall - ramps down to square... Now it's third lap, and dog is still leader.
Meanwhile ranger newcomer went down the caverns and rescued Lokum Dentglaze who was battered by troglodite... Luckily she wasn't hurt that much - she lost two teeths and got some bruises... don't worry, my love, a bit sleep and everything will be fine. Amd meanwhile I'll put hatches over passages there, so no one beasts will bother us.

#10. Thinking of the danger Lokum was rescued from, I realized that anyone received some serious injury is doomed to die from thrist, as we have no water here! Luckily, we found water pool at far corner of cavern, so we just need a well.
Onul Bridgeraces still rampaging the caverns, he took down two troglodites and a number of naked mole dogs. Lolor finally caught up that single mole dog ant dealt with it. He's very proud of it, huh. Stay at the cavern entrance and watch other beasts, dumbass!

#11. Naked mole dog sneaked to brewery and gussled some dwarven wine! Lolor, YOU were supposed to watch!!! get rid of it, or I swear you'll never taste wine again!!

#12. Shit. Eruth Hammerrun, miner, fell down at the well's shaft and broke both hands. Hope Kingfisher helps him. I gave him three sanitars - guys with some medicine knowlege from last migration wave.

#13. The webs of giant phantom spider were spotted at the surface. And giant cave spider webs - at caverns. We should double our awareness.

#14. We made a smelter, and wood furnace produces coal, and visible veins were ordered to be dug. Also, elves came.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 09:27:35 am by peregarrett »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2012, 04:33:05 pm »

Phantom spiders are vermin, so don't worry about them. Anyway, nice to see this thing going again.

Sorry about not providing information about where the save was, but I've been wrestling with my internet connection for over a week now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2012, 05:53:46 pm »

Vermin like spiders can still bite though. Poisonous bites, not just like useless bee stings as well :d

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2012, 01:34:41 am »

nonlethal bites I believe. phantom spider bites cause numbness I think. or was that cave spiders? one causes itching, the other is numbness, both are nonlethal. its the big ones you gotta watch out for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2012, 01:38:15 am »

Non lethal, but even legendary craftsmen will never make masterwork stuff again.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2012, 01:43:04 am »

ah, so its permanent? damn.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2012, 01:54:48 am »

Phantom spiders are vermin, so don't worry about them. Anyway, nice to see this thing going again.

Sorry about not providing information about where the save was, but I've been wrestling with my internet connection for over a week now.
but it's GIANT phantom spider's web. I'm worried

Gar's notes

#15. Eruth needs water for drinking and cleaning. Zombie camels scare away masons building well and walls around it... Lolor proved to be useful, finally - he took down zombie camel that wandered at the gates.

#16. Elves unloaded their stuff. As we have no goods to trade, we just took what seemed useful. That is - wood logs, clay, barrels empty or not, cages empty or not, various plants.. actually, we left them dolls, musical stuff and clothings. Next town they will play circus, I think.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:35:57 am by peregarrett »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10