Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [3/7, 1/2, 1/1] - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 38755 times)

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [4/7, 1/2, 1/1] - Final Days - Replace needed - D4
« Reply #240 on: December 30, 2011, 03:06:27 pm »

K I am now Halmie!

Pnx, Why are you attacking the cop right away?

I'm not exactly sure who is alive right now but i'll take Thinks last post
Nilum [1]: Mormota
Not voting: Nilum, Tiruin, Pnx, Dariush, Halmie

Since Mormota is dead I assume that leaves Nilum, Tiruin, Pnx, Dariush and Me in the game?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 30, 2011, 05:58:09 pm »

Wow, this game is back from the dead. Who could have thought.
Tiruin.

What reason do I have to actually believe anything you're saying here? For all I know you've concocted the cop thing in order to lay blame at my feet, because frankly, this:

N3: I got roleblocked. I could not investigate Pnx.
This strikes me as awfully convenient...

I find it hard to believe a Townie would make something like this up, so honestly, to me, you're looking very, very, scummy right now.
There are two things painfully wrong with this argument. 1) Tiruin can either be a cop or scum right now. Townie is just impossible. 2) Him being 'conveniently' roleblocked actually doesn't change anything - he already found two townies so by process of elimination you and Andrew must be scum. That response really looks like an overreaction, Pnx.
A) I was taking the possibility of "insane townie" into account, and I didn't think immediately accusing him of being scum was productive. Although I suppose if this is how people react to me trying not to be too aggressive...
Also when it's 2 in the morning I kind of fail at logic... I didn't actually realize that just left me and Andrew.

B) Him being roleblocked is incredibly convenient, and extremely unlikely.
First we need a cop, 50% chance.
Then we need a roleblocker 50% chance of that to, giving us 25% overall.
Then he needs to guess two times and come up wrong, not that unlikely on their own. I... can't actually be arsed to go calculate the exact odds (if  we assume it's random, since it'd have to be more or less just guesswork anyway). But not only did he pick two people who were townies, but he also chose two of the people who weren't killed. Then he got chosen by the roleblocker, also somewhat unlikely.
Then we have to ask the question, "what is the probability that both the cop, and the roleblocker survived this long?"

I'm really too lazy to do the exact math, but I'd guess the total probability of this happening to be around 15%.
My guess is that the roleblocked part is lend credence to the story. It comes across as more sly if he was roleblocked before he ever found scum.

So I guess it's come down to Tiruin, or me. The question is, do you believe someone who has logic and probability on his side, or someone who is telling a tall tale?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 30, 2011, 06:48:45 pm »

Protip: Statistics are nowhere near as useful at finding scum as you might think.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 30, 2011, 06:53:57 pm »

Then we have to ask the question, "what is the probability that both the cop, and the roleblocker survived this long?"

If there is a roleblocker and a cop, then obviously 100% since neither have flipped.

Have you bothered reading the game like I told you to?

Protip: Statistics are nowhere near as useful at finding scum as you might think.

They are, in fact, completely useless.

Do something else, like ask questions about what people have said and done. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this. That's the whole fucking game of mafia.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 31, 2011, 03:56:35 am »

Votecount:

Tiruin [1]: Pnx
Pnx [2]: Tiruin, Dariush
Not Voting: Andrew425, Nilum

Thank you, Dariush, for pointing out my error. I should really use my own LurkerTracker more, my colorblindness is kind of making manual vote-counting annoying...

Day ends Monday.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 01:40:25 pm by Think0028 »
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 31, 2011, 04:53:16 am »

MOD, DON'T BE A BLIND IDIOT.

A) I was taking the possibility of "insane townie" into account
Don't. What Remalle did last time was an incredibly stupid and rare thing to do.
Statistic shit
My guess is that the roleblocked part is lend credence to the story. It comes across as more sly if he was roleblocked before he ever found scum.
Just at the top of this post you admitted that you weren't thinking straight when you didn't realize that you and Andrew are outed as scum by process of elimination. Why do you continue defending the thought that whether or not Tiruin was roleblocked changes something?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So I guess it's come down to Tiruin, or me. The question is, do you believe someone who has logic and probability on his side, or someone who is telling a tall tale?
And this is the final nail in your coffin. Logic doesn't figure into it, and in any case saying 'It's me or him, choose whom to vote' is an insanely scummy thing to do. So yeah, I wanted to pressure you with my vote, since I wasn't discarding the probability that Tiruin was lying, but it looks like I was right.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 31, 2011, 02:38:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And this is the final nail in your coffin. Logic doesn't figure into it, and in any case saying 'It's me or him, choose whom to vote' is an insanely scummy thing to do. So yeah, I wanted to pressure you with my vote, since I wasn't discarding the probability that Tiruin was lying, but it looks like I was right.

Objection!

1) Tiruin can either be a cop or scum right now. Townie is just impossible. 2) Him being 'conveniently' roleblocked actually doesn't change anything - he already found two townies so by process of elimination you and Andrew must be scum. That response really looks like an overreaction, Pnx.
This evidence contradicts what you just said, if I'm not scum, and he's not scum, then... nobody is?
Forgive me, but it really does seem to be him or me, and you seem to be struggling to find a way to point to me.

What's more, you immediately bandwagoned with Tiruin. Therefor, if Tiriun is scum, then it seems very probable that you two are in on it. If you aren't scum, then why are you doubling back on what you just said?

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 31, 2011, 03:39:28 pm »

Ok so I guess there is a god father in this game or Tiriun is lying.

I am townie so that means if Tiriun is telling the truth about being the cop that must mean that Pnx is scum, and that somebody he had already cleared is the godfather.

Just at the top of this post you admitted that you weren't thinking straight when you didn't realize that you and Andrew are outed as scum by process of elimination

You are forgetting godfather

If Tiriun is lying about being the cop then that means that Dariush is likely his scumbuddy as only he would have the skill to coach him through it properly.

Tiriun Did you consider roleclaiming yesterday? Why?

For now I believe Tiriun claim and I will be voting Pnx unless he can convince me that Tiriun is scum

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 31, 2011, 03:57:06 pm »

For now I believe Tiriun claim and I will be voting Pnx unless he can convince me that Tiriun is scum
That's not actually going to happen is it?

Eh, fuck it, I give up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 31, 2011, 10:24:14 pm »

Tiriun Did you consider roleclaiming yesterday? Why?

No. It was MYLO at the current time, if I had roleclaimed with the evidence I had, then we might have came to an early conclusion on a lynch and might have missed, the presence of a Godfather would add to the confusion and without another day of proof, we wouldn't had the information we have now so I opted to wait it out to be sure of my findings. Disregarding that, the mafia were at an advantage as by Day three, scumhunting dropped to nearly 0% and opting for a no-lynch would be beneficial for another day of searching so we could get the right one other than grabbing for straws.

Like what nearly happened in Day 2 near the end. I did not want something like that to happen again. Partly due to my own stupidity but Nilum's post summed it up well.

Because of the posts earlier (and my slow internet connection Happy New Year by the way.) I was going to state that Pnx was seemingly more interested in his image than to scumhunt. Which, is now apparently obvious by the recent posts.

What's more, you immediately bandwagoned with Tiruin. Therefor, if Tiriun is scum, then it seems very probable that you two are in on it. If you aren't scum, then why are you doubling back on what you just said?

What did he just say anyway? Please quote it as you seem awfully defensive.

Edit (or how do you say, a post came while you were typing this one?):
Eh, fuck it, I give up.
Yes, defensive and now giving up. If you do think I'm lying, where is your proof here? I've seen nearly or no scumhunting from you at all this game.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 01, 2012, 05:26:20 am »

1) Tiruin can either be a cop or scum right now. Townie is just impossible. 2) Him being 'conveniently' roleblocked actually doesn't change anything - he already found two townies so by process of elimination you and Andrew must be scum. That response really looks like an overreaction, Pnx.
This evidence contradicts what you just said, if I'm not scum, and he's not scum, then... nobody is?
Except I didn't say that. I said that one of you is not scum (thus one of you is scum), but not both.
1) I didn't double back on what I said. What I said was that I didn't exclude the possibility that Tiruin was scum, thus you were town, and decided to begin with pressuring you. You cracked under pressure. Bad for you. Don't twist my words. 2) It is not a bandwagon with two people on it. 3) If someone believes someone else's claim and the second someone turns out to be scum, that doesn't mean the first someone is scum also. Yes, it is you or Tiruin right now and I see no reason whatsoever to choose him.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [4/7, 1/2, 1/1] - Final Days - D4
« Reply #251 on: January 02, 2012, 06:59:24 am »

I'm getting really fucking tired of reminding all of you that you have a game to play.

It's the end of the fucking game. You think maybe you can scrap together enough effort to finish it out strong? You think maybe that might be a good idea?

Mafia isn't for everybody and I doubt I'll see half of you again, but when you leave the subforum do yourself a favor and make sure you leave as someone who gave it a chance instead of someone who couldn't be bothered to try at all.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 02, 2012, 07:03:57 pm »

My reason for voting Pnx are this.

First that I believe that Tiruin is telling the truth in his claim as the cop. I don't think he'd fakeclaim as scum or as a townie

Dariush Why where you so quick to believe him?

By process of elimination that means that Pnx is scum and either Nilum or Dariush are the godfather.

The only other option is that Dariush and Tiruin are the scumteam, but I think it would be too much of a risky move if there was a cop.

My question to everybody is why did you go after Pnx and not me? Both of us are equally viable targets so what made you guys want to lynch Pnx more then Halmie?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 03, 2012, 04:24:45 am »

Dariush Why where you so quick to believe him?
Because of Pnx's reaction.
My question to everybody is why did you go after Pnx and not me? Both of us are equally viable targets so what made you guys want to lynch Pnx more then Halmie?
Because of his reaction.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 03, 2012, 04:04:51 pm »

The day is over!

And thus Pnx was lead out of the room. As soon as he left, however, Nilum and Tiruin quickly snuck behind Dariush and Andrew425 and swiftly snapped their necks. Seems the two of them were the traitors after all. They swiftly make a break for it, escaping through a secret passageway.

Nilum and Tiruin have won as Scum. Nilum was a Roleblocker, Tiruin was powerless. There were no Town power roles.

Scumchat here: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/2jWivssyJc56d, deadchat once again uncreateable. I have no idea what's going on with Quicktopic, it always lets me make one topic but never a second. Maybe I should code my own Quicktopic...
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18