Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [3/7, 1/2, 1/1] - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 38853 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [6/7, 1/2, 1/1] - People Actually Playing Needed - D2
« Reply #180 on: December 16, 2011, 11:04:03 pm »

Halmie I haven't seen any recent post at all from you on your views of the matter.

Tiruin, why would you vote Halmie? To force him out of hiding? That's already happening, bro. Come up with a better reason, because you won't get away with a quick town lynch, scum.

Reason was stated, he was not giving any of his views on the matter. And from what I gather, lurking is generally frowned upon as even if they might be inactive, they might also be watching us from the shadows. However you, Mormota would count me already as scum because I'm just forwarding my own opinion.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [6/7, 1/2, 1/1] - People Actually Playing Needed - D2
« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2011, 11:56:00 pm »

Oh, hell. I kinda accidentally slept through all of the day. I hope I can get this post out before Think makes the end-of-day post.

I find Tiruin's voting Halmie to be really silly. You can't expect somebody to post their views on the matter when they haven't posted in... what, a week? Tiruin, you haven't given your views on the matter on a lot of things, because you weren't asked to. We haven't asked Halmie to respond to anything since we realized that he wasn't coming back. That's not necessarily scummy, it's just inactive. Your vote would be almost understandable if Halmie were acting scummy before he went inactive, but right now it just seems like you're hoping to get a quick lynch out by jumping on the biggest wagon.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2011, 03:51:27 am »

I did not realize that he wasn't coming back. From my viewpoint, I thought he was inactive but yes, now I see what you mean there.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2011, 04:11:53 am »

I did not realize that he wasn't coming back. From my viewpoint, I thought he was inactive but yes, now I see what you mean there.

Yet you are still voting him. Why?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2011, 04:25:24 am »

I did not know that he was going to be replaced at that time, also the reason above stands. Is it possible to unvote your own vote? As it is 12 hours since
Halmie will be up for replacement if not posting in 12 hours.
, I'd not want my vote to be carried over.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2011, 04:39:34 am »

You can unvote by saying 'unvote' in red text.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2011, 04:46:21 am »

Unvote Halmie

[Thanks for the info!]

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2011, 04:51:57 am »

The brackets are Toaster's IC schtick.

You don't have to do that, since you're just a player and you don't have two modes. I guess you can if you really want to but you're not gaining anything by doing it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2011, 05:22:21 am »

The brackets are Toaster's IC schtick.

You don't have to do that, since you're just a player and you don't have two modes. I guess you can if you really want to but you're not gaining anything by doing it.
I don't get what is meant by the words in bold.

Oh and Unvote.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 17, 2011, 05:23:39 am »

It's what he does. His thing. His style. His flair.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [6/7, 1/2, 1/1] - 2 Replacements Needed - D2
« Reply #190 on: December 17, 2011, 05:46:35 am »

Hold on a moment here,

Really, Pnx? "Just because" isn't a good reason to vote for someone.
Oh, shit. The day's supposed to be over now, isn't it?
Last-second extend vote, GO!

Oh, hell. I kinda accidentally slept through all of the day. I hope I can get this post out before Think makes the end-of-day post.

I find Tiruin's voting Halmie to be really silly. You can't expect somebody to post their views on the matter when they haven't posted in... what, a week? Tiruin, you haven't given your views on the matter on a lot of things, because you weren't asked to. We haven't asked Halmie to respond to anything since we realized that he wasn't coming back. That's not necessarily scummy, it's just inactive. Your vote would be almost understandable if Halmie were acting scummy before he went inactive, but right now it just seems like you're hoping to get a quick lynch out by jumping on the biggest wagon.

you may vote twice in a single day?

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 17, 2011, 05:55:13 am »

I'm still watching this btw, I just don't have the time to play.
Tiruin, voting someone else automatically changes your vote to them. It just gives the GMs less of a headache if you put unvote first, which is something that FoG seems to have overlooked.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 17, 2011, 08:11:39 am »

Oh hey, this is back alive.

Tiruin, voting someone else automatically changes your vote to them. It just gives the GMs less of a headache if you put unvote first, which is something that FoG seems to have overlooked.
Actually, if Think uses LurkerTracker (and I can't imagine why he wouldn't, considering he made it), the unvotes are irrelevant. But yes, you can vote as many times per day as you want.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 17, 2011, 08:18:04 am »

Oh hey, this is back alive.

Actually, if Think uses LurkerTracker (and I can't imagine why he wouldn't, considering he made it), the unvotes are irrelevant. But yes, you can vote as many times per day as you want.
Doesn't that make lynching easy as anyone can suspect anyone else?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 17, 2011, 08:51:34 am »

Doesn't that make lynching easy as anyone can suspect anyone else?
Uh. Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18