Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [3/7, 1/2, 1/1] - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 38798 times)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [7/7, 2/2, 1/1] - Elimination Round - D1
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2011, 10:29:09 am »

So sorry everyone, but I will have to drop out. Exams at school are here, and the workload is more than ever. I can't play mafia while doing that work. I will have to drop out.

Erm, Mormota, please read. I type this on my phone, while revising for a science test. Wish me luck.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIX - [6/7, 1/2, 1/1] - Replacement Needed - D2
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2011, 03:01:22 pm »

Jim -- probably the strongest player in the game -- is dead. This isn't really surprising, but Mormota, you said earlier that an IC almost surely would not be killed N1. What gave you the confidence to suggest this? Who would you have killed instead, if you were scum? Why are you attacking someone who's dropped out of the game and can't defend themselves?
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2011, 04:44:09 pm »

Looking at who was nightkilled never gives anybody any productive reads.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2011, 04:45:15 pm »

I'm going to vote Nilum. Some of his later-day D1 posts gave me a bad feeling about him, so I decided to go back and analyze a bit. I'm going to spoiler the quotes as to not take up an overly large portion of the page.

Spoiler: Quote 1 (click to show/hide)
Bussing is rarely expected? This is not correct by any means. You are deliberately feeding us false information in an effort to make us think that when you bus your scumbuddy later, then you won't possibly be scum. In fact, you used this same argument on Mormota later in D1 (quotes below).
Spoiler: Quote 2 (click to show/hide)
This comment rubs me the wrong way. I don't know exactly how experienced you are with Mafia, Nilum, but it almost seems like you're doing something scummy (though I admit that voting for Hamie wasn't very scummy) and then using this as an excuse for why it's not actually scummy. By no means is this a solid scumtell, but it does add to my suspicions about you.
Spoiler: Quote 3 (click to show/hide)
Really? I hadn't noticed at the time, but are you seriously telling me that you were sure that Andrew was intentionally misinterpreting Halmie? Are you also seriously telling me that you think he was doing it for no reason? You were making up reactions for him in order to use them against him. I seriously can't tell if this is a scumtell or a newbtell, but you don't seem to be acting very newby aside from this, so that helps even further to make be think that you're scum.
Spoiler:  Quotes 4 and 5 (click to show/hide)
Andrew did it, and it seems like you did it as well. In case you can't tell, let me enlighten you as to what you're doing; you are trying to make yourself seem more town by putting down what is generally thought of as a very bad idea. You're trying to defend the integrity of the game against bad tactics. You're not even doing it well.
Spoiler: Quote 6 (click to show/hide)
Oh, look. You did take out an IC N1. It seems very odd to me that a townie in a newbie game could honestly tell me that he doesn't care about the ICs teaching by example and that he's in this game to win. I don't know about you, but I'm in this game to learn.
Spoiler: Quote 7 (click to show/hide)
Jim has pretty much destroyed you for this already, so I won't even bother. Silly ideas, though admittedly not as bad as some of the ideas that you made it a point to attack earlier in the game.

I remember reading something on the mafiascum.net wiki about the first person to comment on a nightkill as being much more likely to be scum.
Jim -- probably the strongest player in the game -- is dead. This isn't really surprising

I also remember reading on the wiki that the fourth person on a wagon is also likely to be scum (though so is the third). You were the fourth person on the Andrew wagon, or the third if you don't count Anson's random-ass voting.

I think you said it best when you said:
You, sir, are scum trying to sound like town.
I think you'll enjoy the noose. For the first ten seconds, it's kinda like you're on a swingset!
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2011, 05:05:30 pm »

Why are you attacking someone who's dropped out of the game and can't defend themselves?

Because I got a bit confused and thought only one person dropped out. With that, Unvote.

Jim -- probably the strongest player in the game -- is dead. This isn't really surprising, but Mormota, you said earlier that an IC almost surely would not be killed N1. What gave you the confidence to suggest this?

I'm just going to leave this here.

Who would you have killed instead, if you were scum?

What sort of ridiculous question is this? I am not privy to the considerations the mafia team takes.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2011, 06:35:20 pm »

...so, you knew for a fact an IC wouldn't be killed because... why, exactly? Because Toaster told you not to in one of the past BMs?
Who would you have killed instead, if you were scum?
What sort of ridiculous question is this? I am not privy to the considerations the mafia team takes.
So you can't even take a guess? Trying to think how scum think is an essential part of scumhunting. Regardless, speculating about the kill won't get us anywhere, so I'll drop it.
Spoiler: FANOFGAMING (click to show/hide)

I have some more things to say about Mormota, but I'm seriously exhausted. I'll post them when I wake up.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2011, 08:02:19 pm »

Nilum, I hope you'll pardon me for saying that I laughed out loud at some of your arguments in that response to me. How experienced with Mafia are you? I'm beginning to grow very curious because you conduct yourself as if you're comfortable with the game, but then your arguments are moronic and naive.

Bussing is an effective tactic as scum precisely because town doesn't expect it. If one were expected to bus their teammates rather than defend them, the opposite, defending one's own teammates, would be unexpected, and hence more effective. Scum lose something very valuable when they bus: a vote. This prolongs the game, and it gives town a greater chance of winning. It's a risky tactic, and that is why town does not immediately suspect it. "Bussing is rarely expected," is no more 'false information' than is "doctors are often passive." They're both true. They are not absolutes, they are observations.
Almost everything in here is foolish and incorrect. Bussing is not effective because it's unexpected, and it's not unexpected. Scum are not expected to defend their teammates. The only thing scum loses when they bus is their teammate. This does not prolong the game because bussing usually occurs when the bussed player is going to be lynched anyway. It does not give the town a greater chance of winning. It is not a risky tactic. The only reason town does not immediately expect it is because we don't know who's scum. Once someone flips scum, it's not uncommon for players to analyze the votes and come up with possibilities based on who voted when and why. I strongly suggest you read up on Mafia theory more, because you clearly don't command any grip of tactics other than "fakeclaiming is bad."
My questioning of Halmie was, frankly, more important than sending a null tell. It's a null tell precisely because I'd do the same thing if I were scum or town. If I were town, I'd vote him anyway, because I don't want to appear scummy and because I want answers out of Halmie. If I were scum, I'd vote him anyway because I'd be trying to act as if I were town.
I love how you're so confident in yourself that you're willing to tell me that I shouldn't consider what you're doing as being scummy. I'm not saying that you're scum because you voted for Halmie after he voted for you (it was RVS). At this point, I think it's scummy because you're going out of your way to tell me that it's a null tell. Also, your last sentence there is just ridiculous. "Scum want to act like town" is not grounds for something to be a null tell.
Yes. Really. Are you telling me the lack of a comma prevented Andrew from understanding what Halmie wrote? Really? Whether he was scum or not, he was not expressing genuine confusion, he was grasping for straws trying to get something to use against Halmie -- much like you are for me, right now. Whether this is a scumtell or a newbtell, I can't tell.
This is the first part where I really started laughing. First of all, you are not in a position to magically know whether somebody understands something or not. Secondly, how was he grasping for straws with a simple "I don't understand" post? Finally, did you seriously just try to dismiss my entire post by claiming that I'm just grasping for straws? Are you an idiot, sir?
Bolded because that is EXACTLY what I'm doing. How is this a scumtell? If I were scum, town false-claiming at lylo would help me immensely. I wouldn't comment on these 'bad tactics' -- I might even be the one to encourage them. Take a look. You agreed with Mormota's idea. You basically said you'd help scum throw this town into a broiling pit of WIFOM.
Yes, that is exactly what you're doing, which is why I said that it was exactly what you're doing. How is it a scumtell? You are not an IC. It is not your job to teach player how to play the game. By doing so, you're trying to make the other players think that you're worth keeping around. You're also trying to drill your own WIFOM into my head by stating what you would do as scum. But if you were scum, why would you not comment on bad tactics? You said earlier that if you were scum, you'd do whatever you thought town would do... but town doesn't need to comment on bad tactics. That's why it's a scumtell. Furthermore, you're continuing Andrew's habit of misrepping me. I'll say it once more (if it come up again I'm just going to repeatedly quote this); I did not agree with Mormota's saying that it's okay to fakeclaim whenever you're about to get lynched if you're town. I said that I would never agree to fakeclaiming as town outside of LyLO. Finally, if anyone's going to throw town into a pit of WIFOM, it's you. Do I need to start quoting your bullshit about "optimal play"? I thought Jim had already done that.
I'm in this game to learn. By finding scum and winning. If I were scum, I'd be in this game to win by doing whatever needs to be done. I didn't say I don't care about the ICs teaching by example. I said if I were scum, I wouldn't care, because I wouldn't. Because they'd be a hindrance. Finding scum is about getting into the mentality scum would have, which is precisely what I was doing.
Who was killed N1 does not matter. We have no control over it, and obsessing over it or forming arguments based around it is simply playing into scum's hands. Like Jim said, speculating about the nightkill will not bear fruit.
Okay, wait... WHAT? Let me work backwards here. You do realize that Jim said that "looking at the nightkill" stuff to you, right? Wait, what the fuck? I didn't even mention the nightkill here other than "Oh, look, you killed the IC." Also, good job on making the IC's comments look like they were originally your ideas.
You're not trying to get into the mentality that scum would have. You're trying to look like a townie who is trying to get into the mentality that scum would have while also throwing in WIFOM for good measure.
I was trying to help by looking at probable and possible scenarios and understanding how scum would manipulate them in their favor. I realize, looking back, this was pretty stupid and all but pointless, given the sheer number of possibilities. It was definitely a dead-end, but that doesn't exactly indict me.
If you don't expect to be attacked for your own poor play, then why the fuck are you attacking Mormota for his?
I voted Andrew to ensure a lynch. I wasn't sure of the exact votecounts at the time, and the deadline was approaching.
This is either lazy or bullshit. What's so hard about going to the previous votecount and counting the votes up to the moment in question? Furthermore, if you were so worried about not having a lynch by the deadline, why not request an extend?

I hope you slept well, because you've got a good bit to answer for.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2011, 09:54:17 pm »

I voted Andrew to ensure a lynch. I wasn't sure of the exact votecounts at the time, and the deadline was approaching.
Really? You only voted Andrew to make sure that there was a lynch? Were you even suspicious of him at all, or do you not care who gets lynched, as long as its not you? You seem awfully scummy to me, Nilum. I'm going to keep a close eye on you.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2011, 06:04:47 am »

...so, you knew for a fact an IC wouldn't be killed because... why, exactly? Because Toaster told you not to in one of the past BMs?

Exactly.

So you can't even take a guess? Trying to think how scum think is an essential part of scumhunting.

I'd've killed you because you're annoying me with your non-sense logic. Satisfied?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2011, 07:18:23 am »

Jim -- probably the strongest player in the game -- is dead. This isn't really surprising, but Mormota, you said earlier that an IC almost surely would not be killed N1. What gave you the confidence to suggest this? Who would you have killed instead, if you were scum?
Actually, suggesting that an IC would not be killed and then seeing that IC dead is a cornucopial source of WIFOM. Don't do it.

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2011, 10:53:42 am »

Really? You only voted Andrew to make sure that there was a lynch? Were you even suspicious of him at all, or do you not care who gets lynched, as long as its not you?
Did you miss pretty much all of my posts D1 where I listed Andrew as the scummiest, by far? [1] I was on Halmie until the end because lurkers will be the death of this game, like so many others.

Nilum, I hope you'll pardon me for saying that I laughed out loud at some of your arguments in that response to me. How experienced with Mafia are you? I'm beginning to grow very curious because you conduct yourself as if you're comfortable with the game, but then your arguments are moronic and naive.
As the title reads, I'm a beginner and this is my first real game of mafia. Apologies if I'm playing poorly by your standards.
Almost everything in here is foolish and incorrect. Bussing is not effective because it's unexpected, and it's not unexpected. Scum are not expected to defend their teammates. The only thing scum loses when they bus is their teammate. This does not prolong the game because bussing usually occurs when the bussed player is going to be lynched anyway. It does not give the town a greater chance of winning. It is not a risky tactic. The only reason town does not immediately expect it is because we don't know who's scum. Once someone flips scum, it's not uncommon for players to analyze the votes and come up with possibilities based on who voted when and why. I strongly suggest you read up on Mafia theory more, because you clearly don't command any grip of tactics other than "fakeclaiming is bad."
Let's check out the mafiascum article on bussing!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's not uncommon, you're right, but your sentences are contradicting each other.
The only thing scum loses when they bus is their teammate.
...and, by corollary, their teammate's vote. To win, scum have to outnumber or equal town. Bussing can give town more time, and scum more time to screw up. Bussing is obviously done only when beneficial to scum, but there are still risks involved and it still involves some amount of sacrifice. If your scumpartner were most assuredly going to be lynched, you might hesitate to jump on because at that point, it can't even really be considered bussing. If you want an example of bussing, see Wild West Mafia. Jim was second on his partner, Diakron, and he stayed on him until the end of D1. He took him out because he might have been lynched, not because he was about to be lynched. Diakron wasn't even really a liability, he just had more to gain (i.e., he'd gain more favor in the town's eyes) by lynching him than by not. Someone like Jim is almost always suspected if he lives too long. He's too damn good. His early bus provided him with enough of a cushion to escape the noose later.
This does not prolong the game because bussing usually occurs when the bussed player is going to be lynched anyway.
[citation needed]

I love how you're so confident in yourself that you're willing to tell me that I shouldn't consider what you're doing as being scummy. I'm not saying that you're scum because you voted for Halmie after he voted for you (it was RVS). At this point, I think it's scummy because you're going out of your way to tell me that it's a null tell. Also, your last sentence there is just ridiculous. "Scum want to act like town" is not grounds for something to be a null tell.
There are very few genuine towntells. Do you know why? Because scum are trying to act like town. There are mountains of scumtells, things that hurt town and obviously no sane townie would ever do, and there are mountains of null tells, things that help town and are easy to imitate. The only true town tells are things exceptionally difficult to imitate, or risky. "Scum want to act like town, this tactic is very easily imitable," is complete grounds for something to be a null tell. Obviously voting someone who's voting me isn't pro-town; but the contrary, refusing to put a vote on them simply because they're voting for me, is anti-town. If something is neither a scumtell nor a towntell, then what is it? It's a null tell.

This is the first part where I really started laughing. First of all, you are not in a position to magically know whether somebody understands something or not. Secondly, how was he grasping for straws with a simple "I don't understand" post?
I really don't know how else to say this: Andrew265 was not confused by what Halmie said. It's that simple. Anyone with enough knowledge of English to play Mafia on an English-language forum would be able to figure out what was meant. Let's look at the original sentence again.
ansontan2000, you suspect someone as a cop, but your night action says they are town, how do you proceed?
Let's see how this sentence could be interpreted:
1. "You suspect that someone is a cop, but your night action says that they are town. What do you do?"
This is the 'right' way, technically -- but it ignores context. We're playing Mafia, and a BM at that. No one has a role that returns whether someone is a cop or not, and even if there were such a role, in this setup, all cops are a subset of town... so it contradicts itself.
2. "You, as a cop, suspect someone. Your night action says they are town. What do you do?"
This is obviously the correct way if you understand the first thing about the game we're playing.

Finally, did you seriously just try to dismiss my entire post by claiming that I'm just grasping for straws? Are you an idiot, sir?
Yes, I dismissed your entire post by saying you were grasping for straws. Which is why I then proceeded to answer all of your other points.
Yes, that is exactly what you're doing, which is why I said that it was exactly what you're doing. How is it a scumtell? You are not an IC. It is not your job to teach player how to play the game. By doing so, you're trying to make the other players think that you're worth keeping around. You're also trying to drill your own WIFOM into my head by stating what you would do as scum. But if you were scum, why would you not comment on bad tactics? You said earlier that if you were scum, you'd do whatever you thought town would do... but town doesn't need to comment on bad tactics. That's why it's a scumtell. Furthermore, you're continuing Andrew's habit of misrepping me. I'll say it once more (if it come up again I'm just going to repeatedly quote this); I did not agree with Mormota's saying that it's okay to fakeclaim whenever you're about to get lynched if you're town. I said that I would never agree to fakeclaiming as town outside of LyLO. Finally, if anyone's going to throw town into a pit of WIFOM, it's you. Do I need to start quoting your bullshit about "optimal play"? I thought Jim had already done that.
(Emphasis mine)
Before you criticize me, take a look at your own damn arguments.
Not my job to teach players how to play the game? That's certainly true, my job is to hunt scum and win. To do so, I need townies who don't act like complete retards. "Town doesn't need to comment on bad tactics."
What.
No, seriously: What.

If you are jeopardizing all of us, I am going to say something. Why are you telling me I shouldn't? Why are you saying I should let the shittiest, most anti-town idea I've heard, slip by? This transcends the IC/beginner player border. Your ideas are literally so dangerous that we will lose this game.
You would never agree to fakeclaiming as town outside of LyLO? That implies you would agree to fakeclaiming during LyLO, WHICH IS EVEN WORSE. LyLO is LYNCH OR LOSE. If you're a vanilla townie claiming cop in an attempt to turn the tide against someone who you think might be scum, what happens when the real cop counterclaims? There can only be one cop. If there are two people who both claimed cop, one of them MUST BE SCUM. Under traditional mafia common-sense, at least. You're going against the crowd and making waves. These waves aren't harmless. They're motherfucking tsunamis which will wipe out the entire town. Stop trying to defend your bullshit.
Here's what you said to Andrew:
You really need to stop misrepping people, it's scummy as hell. Fakeclaiming at LyLO if you're about to be lynched and if you know that you're town is what I said I'd be okay with. If you don't claim, town will definitely lose. If you do claim, town might not lose.
No. Nono. Nononononononono oh god please don't subject me to this anymore. Fakeclaiming (as VT) at LyLO, at best, will cause confusion. At worst, it'll direct the entire town toward two townies: you and the real cop/doctor/whatever. And they will believe that one of you is scum. Even if you're about to be lynched, there is almost always another option. Call for an extension and use your goddamned head to figure out who is scum, and form a coherent argument against them. Without lying.

Okay, wait... WHAT? Let me work backwards here. You do realize that Jim said that "looking at the nightkill" stuff to you, right? Wait, what the fuck? I didn't even mention the nightkill here other than "Oh, look, you killed the IC." Also, good job on making the IC's comments look like they were originally your ideas.
You're not trying to get into the mentality that scum would have. You're trying to look like a townie who is trying to get into the mentality that scum would have while also throwing in WIFOM for good measure.
"I didn't even mention the nightkill except when I mentioned the nightkill."
So, I'm not town trying to think like scum, I'm scum trying to think like town trying to think like scum? First, that's ridiculous. Second: where is your proof? You've given vague feelings. That's all you have.

If you don't expect to be attacked for your own poor play, then why the fuck are you attacking Mormota for his?
Because his poor play, much like yours, is ruinous for everyone but scum.

This is either lazy or bullshit. What's so hard about going to the previous votecount and counting the votes up to the moment in question? Furthermore, if you were so worried about not having a lynch by the deadline, why not request an extend?
The last votecount... hm... 56 or so posts before I made my post? Almost half the entire game? That's a lot to keep track of in my head when (to the best of my knowledge!) the day ends in 6 hours, and I have shit to do in the real world in the meantime. I did skim through the 4 pages or so since the last votecount, and honestly, I thought Andrew had either 2 or 3 votes on him. So I placed a (3rd/4th)... because at the time, I was positive he was scum, and I knew full well that a nolynch would hurt us. You're right -- I could've requested an extend, but I didn't. We wound up getting one anyway, and look what we did with it. Oh, right, nothing.

To summarize your original arguments:
1. I said that bussing is rarely expected. This is apparently scummy, because it's "misinformation." If anything, I was raising awareness about bussing. Especially in a BM like this, players do not expect someone who leads a lynch against scum as being scum themselves. Hence, bussing is rarely expected.
2. "This comment rubs me the wrong way." -> Vague feelings, gotcha.
3. I said that Andrew almost surely misinterpreted Halmie intentionally. You were absolutely dumbfounded by this. "How could a telepath exist and be playing mafia with us?? SCUM!!!" Because apparently there is no way I could know what Andrew thought, when in reality, it was astoundingly obvious. Just like the meaning of Halmie's sentence, incidentally.
4. This one is funny. I said that falseclaiming as town was bad in general, doubly so at lylo. You're right, this was an act of self-preservation: if I'm stuck with imbeciles like you who actually think that vanilla townies lying to each other is okay or reasonable, we're going to lose this game.  Pointing this out was for my own good because it was also for the good of the town. You said I was scum because I was helping town.
5. You said I killed an IC N1, and previously I stated that I'd kill an IC N1. Yeaaaah.
6. I suggested something that was kind of dumb, but not anti-town. It just didn't prove anything. I'll give you this one, because otherwise, your arguments are just too pathetic.

I hope you slept well, because you've got a good bit to answer for.
I'm sure it'll please you to hear that the sleep was simply decadent.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2011, 03:34:38 pm »

I have some more things to say about Mormota, but I'm seriously exhausted. I'll post them when I wake up.

Feel free to.

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2011, 05:39:58 pm »

Feel free to.
Sure. Most of the suspicions toward you from yesterday still hold. Admittedly, Andrew was rather on-the-nose about some things. Let's take a look.

Starting off with this:
Yes I am damn well willing to lie if I know that gives us a better chance to win.
Lynch all liars is a tactic that is generally pro-town. The only situation this sentence makes sense is if 'us' refers to you and your scumbuddy.

Let me surprise you: Mafia is a game of pure, unadulterated logic. You found what you believed to be a logical falllacy in my posts, and that is what someone calls scummy. I pointed out how it wasn't a logical fallacy. Thus, I am not scummy.
It wasn't a logical fallacy he was pointing out, it was anti-town play. You pointed out how you (apparently) thought it wasn't anti-town. (Hint: it was, and still is.)

Of course, this can lead to WIFOM, but you know for pretty much a fact that the IC won't get killed, so you can direct your protection elsewhere.
This can't "lead to WIFOM," this is WIFOM. The doctor knows this. The mafia knows this. You were trying to steer the doctor away from the ICs. Looks like it might have worked.

To answer you: If it was LyLO, most definitely. If someone has that role, he'd think I'm scum and probably lynch me anyways. If nobody does, then there's a chance we'll lynch scum.

If it wasn't LyLO, then I would probably still do it. A possible scum lynch instead of a certain town lynch? Why would I choose the second?
This is pretty much the quote that started it all. The most anti-town post in this entire thread, excepting maybe Fanofgaming's suggestion that town refrain from commenting on poor play. This, right here, is not just bad strategy, Mormota. This is strategy that is destructive.

Mormota
You point out where I said that right now. Or I will see you hang, liar.
Would you Fakeclaim?
"most definitely"

Your move, scum.

Just that, you know, that's not what I said.
Except... it is what you said. Andrew was right, here. There are a few situations when you should falseclaim as a VT, and none of them arise in a beginner's mafia setup. You said you'd definitely fakeclaim at lylo, and probably before it, too.

I'm pointing out facts. That's not directing the doctor's attention. Period.
Two things.
1. What you said wasn't a fact.
2. Even if it were, it still would've been directing the doctor's attention. Period.
You said, "you can direct your protection elsewhere." How is that not directing the doctor's attention?

So, what the hell is going on and when will the day end now? Let's admit, not much will happen at this rate... I can only guess that all the lazy arses are waiting for D2.
Instead of complaining about how nothing was happening, why didn't you make something happen? You really seemed to be looking forward to the next day. Today you haven't said a single thing of value. Where'd that fire from yesterday go? Though on second thought, I really wouldn't call it 'fire'.

Here's your voting pattern:
D1: Andrew -> ansontan2000 -> FoS Andrew -> Andrew (3rd) -> FoS anson2000 -> Andrew lynch
Andrew... to anson... then back to Andrew... then, first thing today, back to anson. Except then you realize that anson isn't playing, and hey, attacking someone who can't defend themselves is kind of scummy, right? Better unvote! And with your easy lynch no longer viable, and me and Dariush closing in on you, your scumbuddy jumps to your (chainsaw) defense.

This entire game you've been spreading misinformation. You've been digging out the foundations that form a solid town, replacing them with your own twisted scum-logic. You've manipulated the town, pushed the doctor away from the ICs.
Most egregious of all: you refuse to admit that you're wrong.
You're obviously smart. I can't bring myself to believe you honestly don't understand how anti-town falseclaiming as a VT is. There is absolutely no reason to even consider saying it, unless you're scum.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2011, 06:18:26 pm »

Well played, Nilum. I concede defeat. Unvote. Naturally, I'll be keeping an eye on you. I expect you to do the same, of course.

Now, everyone else needs to get out here and start bloody posting.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2011, 08:58:35 pm »

Many Beginner's Mafias are double this length by this point.

Get to work.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18