Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: House signs, V2.0  (Read 421 times)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
House signs, V2.0
« on: November 29, 2011, 02:43:22 pm »

Let's discuss the various signs we have around our homes and neighborhoods here!

The door to my room has a crayon sign that says "beware the troll" on it. I used to like to troll forums.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
Re: House signs, V2.0
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 02:52:31 pm »

In front of my house are two metal signs warning people that the electric gate might open or close at any time, which is a lie because the gate motor burnt out at least ten years ago.

We used to have a brass plaque screwed onto the house, by the front door.  It said "Never mind the dog, beware of the owner."  When we repainted the house, I took it down.  Before I got the chance to put it back up, our last dog died and we've not wanted another one.  I still have the plaque, though, just in case.

My mother had a sign in front of her house that said "The Rockpile".  That was what she called her retirement property.  It was a carved wooden sign.  We took pictures of the sign when she sold the house and went into assisted living, and I suppose it is gone now.  I can't find my copy of the picture, either, but I know my sister took one of it.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: House signs, V2.0
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 03:48:08 pm »

We have a cast iron knight riding charging on a horse in front of our house.
Don't know why, it was just there when we got the house.