Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My drwafs can shoot through double fortification?  (Read 406 times)

nutsshearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My drwafs can shoot through double fortification?
« on: November 29, 2011, 12:42:55 pm »

Just wondering, double fortification should not be a problem right? Arrows still travels through.

Mining a tower with double fortifications.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: My drwafs can shoot through double fortification?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:44:44 pm »

Dwarves can shoot through any number of fortifications, however the farther they are from a fortification the less likely it is that their bolt will actually pass through the fortifications. So with two fortifications like 98% of your bolts will still go through, but when you start to reach the higher numbers like  4 you are going to run into problems.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: My drwafs can shoot through double fortification?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 02:01:58 pm »

Elite marksdwarves can fire through fortifications that aren't right next to them. Non-elites don't even try. I think the problem here is that fortifications either don't exist or act as walls depending on the skill of the attacker.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.