Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who should recover wounded?  (Read 862 times)

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Who should recover wounded?
« on: November 29, 2011, 06:00:55 am »

I have had a chief medical dwarf with just diagnosis enabled and a lot of peasants with almost every skill enabled (along with "recover wounded"). My poor woodcutter was dying outside for a while, while nearly half of peasants were doing nothing ("No Job"). When I enabled "recover wounded" on my CMD - he brought my woodcutter to the hospitaql and started his diagnostics.

So is this possible to recover wounded using worthless peasants instead of valued diagnostician?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who should recover wounded?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 07:21:01 am »

It's a bit buggy, even considering that the personality trait: likes/dislikes helping others influences the priority of such jobs for each individual.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 07:32:32 am »

I'm also getting the impression of this being buggy or not fully thought-through. In my previous fort I had a dwarf who managed to have some of their wounds scarred over before being hauled to the hospital. That I had the recover wounded labor enabled on almost everyone, as well as a couple dozen idlers at least, goes without saying.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 08:49:50 am »

It's a bit buggy, even considering that the personality trait: likes/dislikes helping others influences the priority of such jobs for each individual.

well, this is not about priority, since idlers did nothing to save the poor fellow.
Unless of course "recover wounded" job have priority lower then "no job"(which is actually a bit silly.)