Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: More Ghost Science!  (Read 31874 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: More Ghost Science!
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2012, 02:55:08 pm »

That is both freaky and awesome. FEAR MY GHOST BABIES!

....Does that mean this mother dwarf can beat enemies to death with her ghost baby?

Totally sigged.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2012, 03:00:07 pm »

New fact - baby ghosts are treated as alive babies.

During flood accident a few babies drowned. When ghost arose, his mom took him and carried along the fortress.
She has bad thought about it.

Yup that happened in Chirpacted I, not only are they treated like dwarves they grow into children just like they normally would.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2012, 03:23:55 pm »

New fact - baby ghosts are treated as alive babies.

During flood accident a few babies drowned. When ghost arose, his mom took him and carried along the fortress.
She has bad thought about it.

Yup that happened in Chirpacted I, not only are they treated like dwarves they grow into children just like they normally would.
Dwarven babycare CAN resurrect dead babies! Join Dwarf Fortress!
Gotta check that myself
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2012, 03:29:26 pm »

I've also had experience with all dead babies being social little beards. Has anyone had similar results with dead children too? As of yet, I haven't had a dead baby that just sat on his death location, like I often do with accidentally killed dwarves. They go roaming the fort, following dwarves all over the place. they're like glitchy pets.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2012, 12:55:06 pm »

they grow into children just like they normally would.
Huh... and what'll happen if you set a slab to that grown-up ghostly baby?
!!SCIENCE!!
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2012, 05:40:29 pm »

My ghostly children behaved just like regular ghosts, as far as I could tell. I think the only difference between a child and an adult may be that the child can't be assigned jobs--other than that, they seem identical in terms of behavior, so it makes sense that their ghost would be identical to an adult ghost.

Mind you, I haven't done !!Science!! on this; my knowledge comes purely from my own experience of a tantrum spiral that started with over a hundred dwarves and ended up with less than ten, who buried the rest while under constant ghost attack.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2012, 07:51:54 pm »

I've heard of ghosts growing old and dying but I've never kept a fort long enough to have a dwarf die of old age, come to think of it I've had less than three dogs live long enough to die of old age. Chirpacted II might be a different story because I designed it to be as boring as humanly possible aside from the murderous rampaging ghosts but still I'd like to gain a little bit more knowledge on the ghostly life cycle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2012, 08:01:48 pm »

I've heard of ghosts growing old and dying but I've never kept a fort long enough to have a dwarf die of old age, come to think of it I've had less than three dogs live long enough to die of old age. Chirpacted II might be a different story because I designed it to be as boring as humanly possible aside from the murderous rampaging ghosts but still I'd like to gain a little bit more knowledge on the ghostly life cycle.

Ghosts age just like norm. Dorfs.

Totally sigged.

Ty ;]

jcnorris00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2012, 10:25:15 pm »

Does a ghost baby still function as a meat shield?
My contribution to dwarven science: the dwarven kiddie pool

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2012, 12:18:46 am »

I too, wish to know the answer to this important !!scientific!! question (or should that be scientific !!question!! ?)!
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2012, 12:39:37 am »

I too, wish to know the answer to this important !!scientific!! question (or should that be scientific !!question!! ?)!

Its the difference between the question being magmafully scientific, and the question being both magmaful and scientific. Because the question is hardly scientific in the non-dwarven sense, I must conclude that the former is the the more proper usage of the ‼. Also, alt-19 for "‼" is more proper than its lesser variant, "!!"

Not to be a Grammar Goblin...

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2012, 12:45:14 am »

Its the difference between the question being magmafully scientific, and the question being both magmaful and scientific. Because the question is hardly scientific in the non-dwarven sense, I must conclude that the former is the the more proper usage of the ‼. Also, alt-19 for "‼" is more proper than its lesser variant, "!!"

Not to be a Grammar Goblin...
It never seems to work for me ... even when I'm in Windows (which I'm not). :)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2012, 01:24:33 am »

Yep, it'll be another goal of my ‼science‼

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2012, 08:46:21 am »

Posting to watch.

This is the kind of stuff that keeps DF interesting over the years.

I have to ask, i read this entire thread tonight, how'd your finals go Mr. Diabolical !!Scientist!!?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2012, 09:21:35 am »

Mostly well, one of them was completely irrelevant because the listed due date for several assignments was actually a week after the grade cutoff so I got a D in the course.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9