Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: More Ghost Science!  (Read 31857 times)

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Ghost Science!
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2012, 07:21:49 pm »

Try using the number pad for the ‼ instead of the number keys.

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2012, 08:27:10 pm »

I have to apologize for !!'s that offend. Using a cheap HTC evo 4g, they left the alt keys and number pad off the keyboard.

As to the topic...

I know that u have had dwarves die that were in love with each other, what about the effects of having family members trapped in cells in which they can view each other, and are forced to participate in torture and killing of each other?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2012, 12:03:53 am »

Still no luck. Did some googling and thought i'd found an answer ... use the Right Alt key instead of the Left one, but all that did was cause Firefox to jump to different tabs I happened to have open. ;(
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2012, 12:18:47 am »

I wonder if there's a way to edit key bindings for keyboards. I might want to designate my right alt for tildes.

As for the ghost thing, will violent ghosts ever attack pets?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2012, 07:00:07 am »

I have to apologize for !!'s that offend. Using a cheap HTC evo 4g, they left the alt keys and number pad off the keyboard.

As to the topic...

I know that u have had dwarves die that were in love with each other, what about the effects of having family members trapped in cells in which they can view each other, and are forced to participate in torture and killing of each other?
I like the idea but I'm not sure how to implement it.

Also I just use the character map to ‼copy and paste‼ them in.

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2012, 12:25:19 pm »

i was thinking

central cage with glass walls

put "dad" in there, with nice items, a bed, a table, good food and booze

wife and children in cells in which "dad" can see them

Torture accomodate as you like, make the children starve, able to eat only the corpses of pets.. domesticated animals

levers in dads cell to bring the roof down flood cells with water release the magma

it would be interesting if dwarves would form moral objections and refuse to pull lever # 3 after the first to resulted in the deaths of family members.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2012, 07:02:24 pm »

Sadly, dwarves aren't capable of the higher cognitive function of "morals." They also lack the ability to make decisions based on external stimuli (or, if they do, it's so atrophied from lack of use that it cannot be recognized as such).

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2012, 07:37:28 pm »

Sadly, dwarves aren't capable of the higher cognitive function of "morals." They also lack the ability to make decisions based on external stimuli (or, if they do, it's so atrophied from lack of use that it cannot be recognized as such).

Just substitute a sock in for the wives and children. That'll get their previously hidden moral compass spinning.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]