Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After the comm is repaired then?

No timejump( just 5 turns(in which nothing really happens) until you get into Mars orbit)
- 5 (31.3%)
Minor timejump(Mars orbit immeadiatelly
- 7 (43.8%)
MEdium timejump( You're on Mars)
- 4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Mars Base RTD Turn:5  (Read 22022 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Mars Base RTD Turn:1 Damage report(does not include an actual damage report)
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2011, 11:42:20 am »

I dunno.
That's does mean however that this is a lot spacier than the ISS, which makes some sense.
Also, just a hint: the observatorium is connected to an airlock(there are multiple spread trough the ship, ask me and I'll list them.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Mars Base RTD Turn:1 Damage report(does not include an actual damage report)
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2011, 02:31:20 pm »

"Hey Sami, could you give me a hand with this?"
Disconnect the main circuit, then try to repair it. Replace the fuses.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2011, 02:37:16 pm »

Help Connor repair the circuits and such.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2011, 03:14:21 pm »

Oh, right, action.

Locate and patch the hull breach.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2011, 03:48:14 pm »

Keep trying to raise someone (anyone!) on comms.

There might be wounded people dying out there!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2011, 04:26:19 pm »

Also, answer Hilda's communicator transmissions.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2011, 05:55:53 pm »

Boris hears noises from Jeremy's room. He mumbles to his self "In Belarus, no mayor help fix flat tire on bus." Since there is nobody else here, he starts heading towards the control room.
If Boris runs into the Schilcote, he will eagerly follow it and try to assist it, because Boris thinks the robot is incredibly amusing and reminds him of mining equipment.

If Boris ends up getting to the control room, Boris will try to assist by finding instructions/manuals/helpfiles on how to restart the ship AI and give them to Nathaniel.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:59:53 pm by Mullet Master »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2011, 09:44:43 am »

*jumps around and waves his hands wildly*

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2011, 10:46:23 am »

We're just waiting for Tomato, who's online at the moment so...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:48:06 am by 10ebbor10 »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2011, 12:32:27 pm »

We're just waiting for Tomato, who's online at the moment so...

*cough*

Readjust course for however much that little shock knocked us, run a general systems check through the ship for changes in air-pressure (to make sure we aren't still hemorrhaging), and a general query on the status of life support and Eddie.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2011, 01:49:53 pm »

Right, sorry.

Try to find someone, and if they need helping, help. If I'll only get in the way, be vaugely encouraging while keeping the hell away from anything life-threatening
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2011, 01:58:37 pm »

I ll roll the actions in a hour or two.  I m on an e readera the moment

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Mars Base RTD Turn:2 Commander in Coma: a shocking plottwist.
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2011, 04:59:20 pm »

TURN 2: Damage Report

"Hey Sami, could you give me a hand with this?"
Disconnect the main circuit, then try to repair it. Replace the fuses.
[4] You replace the fuses while Sami removes the old ones. More like tears out the old ones, as most of them have melted. This is the result of a controversial GSO descision, based on a study that showed that no matter how expansive/durable the failsafe were, most of them would breakdown at a critical moment. While the point of the study was to secure more funds for regular maintenance and check-ups the GSO financial deparment used this conclusion to justify their safety budget cuts.
"When something's going to break down anyway, it 's in our mutual best interests that it should cost as least as posible to replace."
Help Connor repair the circuits and such.
[6]You tear out all the broken fuses(see above). It's only after the circuits are reinitialised that you realise your standing on unisolated electric wiring.Dodge roll:[6]
You jump away but jump straight at some other cables. Damage roll (this uses the same system as random encouters): [6]: You're knocked unconcious and suffer some severe burns at the back of your legs and back. However You can know shoot lightning out of your hands Sith lord style.However, should you ever find yourself electrocuted in the future, You wouldn't be hurt that much.(+1 Resistance to electrical attacks)Note: Unconcious doesn't not playing for a few turns. Mindscapes are allowed. The main circuit automaticly deactivated itself.
Oh, right, action.

Locate and patch the hull breach.

[3]You can see the hole from the observatory, while it isn't that big (+-5 cm), a large piece of the heathshield(+- 1mē) seems to be damaged and will need replacement.
Also, answer Hilda's communicator transmissions.

[5] You manage to calibrate your communicator to recieve both the ship status updates and possible communication attempts from the crew.
Keep trying to raise someone (anyone!) on comms.

There might be wounded people dying out there!
[1] You accidently drop the communicator, breaking it. Luckly everyone's alright and there's no emergency.

Boris hears noises from Jeremy's room. He mumbles to his self "In Belarus, no mayor help fix flat tire on bus." Since there is nobody else here, he starts heading towards the control room.
If Boris runs into the Schilcote, he will eagerly follow it and try to assist it, because Boris thinks the robot is incredibly amusing and reminds him of mining equipment.

If Boris ends up getting to the control room, Boris will try to assist by finding instructions/manuals/helpfiles on how to restart the ship AI and give them to Nathaniel.
[/quote]
Try to find someone, and if they need helping, help. If I'll only get in the way, be vaugely encouraging while keeping the hell away from anything life-threatening
Readjust course for however much that little shock knocked us, run a general systems check through the ship for changes in air-pressure (to make sure we aren't still hemorrhaging), and a general query on the status of life support and Eddie.
Boris and Jeremy team up and head towards the command room where they attemp to assist[6][4+1]Nathanial[5+2=5].
Boris: In your searching frenzy for flightmanuals, you accidently bump your hat against a closet.[3] The result is a moderate headwound. Nothing life threatning, non incapicitating but it hurts and bleeds quite a lot.
Jeremy: You manage to encourage Nathanial. He doesn't need the encouragement though, as he knows what he's doing.
Nathaniel:[5] Your search results in the following information.
-The ship isn't losing air, though Boris seems to be bleeding.
-The ship seems to be on course, though you can't tell.
-You can't reach the A.I
-Life support is perfectly fine
-Diagnosis systems indicates that a micrometeroid impacted with the ship, tore through the hull and the heathshield and then heavily damaged the communictaion systems, shortcircuiting the system in the proces.

Gravity: .38 G
A.I:?????????
Lifesupport: ONLINE
Computer systems:OVERTAXED AND DAMAGED
Radiation shielding:ONLINE
Power generator: ONLINE
Main Power Breaker:OFFLINE
Emergency Circuits:ONLINE
Communication array: OFFLINE
Damage: Minor hullbreatch, multiple subsystems damaged.
  • The MCS
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)
MCV Prometheus stocks

PLayers

I'm open for suggestions about the Healthsystem and better handling of 6'es.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:02:18 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Mars Base RTD Turn:2 Commander in coma: A shocking plottwist
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2011, 07:08:14 pm »

"Damn. Looks like it hurt. Just give me a sec."
Activate the main breaker and shut off the emergency circuit, then check on Sami.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mars Base RTD Turn:2 Commander in coma: A shocking plottwist
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2011, 07:48:16 pm »

Boris holds his hand over his head, and says "Comrades. Need to go see lady in medbay. Tell her I'm on way."

Boris heads to medbay for bandaging.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12