Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After the comm is repaired then?

No timejump( just 5 turns(in which nothing really happens) until you get into Mars orbit)
- 5 (31.3%)
Minor timejump(Mars orbit immeadiatelly
- 7 (43.8%)
MEdium timejump( You're on Mars)
- 4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Mars Base RTD Turn:5  (Read 22035 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Mars Base RTD(Prologue)
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2011, 04:22:07 pm »

Bump.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2011, 05:14:49 pm »

Exercise intently and grow crops. Declare the menu for meals to be as follows:

Monday-Sunday : Borscht

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2011, 05:32:59 pm »

My favourite!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2011, 06:05:58 pm »

I'm back. What's all this about putting me in a box?

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2011, 08:49:54 am »

Nice, one problem solved.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2011, 10:02:32 am »

TURN 0: The Beginning (again)

The Prometheus has almost reached it target, whit almost no incidents. The Journey has been very peacefull indeed. But that's about to change...

But first, an overview of what happened in the past few months:

[5] You not only manage to make the entire crew eat Borscht for an 8 month journey, but thanks to your rigorous training shedule you suffer an smaller chance of low G athropy.(Also, since that +1 was useless, 1 week of  Borsht for everyone)
Low G athropy check:[5+1=5](Only natural 6'es count.: No health problems for you.

Oversee the health situation on board and monitor all vital signs. Particularly the CO2 levels because I'm worried about that. And heartrate.
[4] CoČ levels are normal, and you know about other peoples health problems.
[4] You don't seem to suffer from low G athropy
Oversee the operations onboard. Keep an eye out for anything likely to kill us all...
[5] You were at the controls at the moment of the incident and so automaticly now what happened
[5]: You seem to resist the zero G athropy rather well(+1 for you)
Make larger spare parts out of conveniently located spare part parts. Fix the hydroponics deck.
I'd like to skip ahead and have combined turns.
[6]: The broken pipe has been replaced. To bad it looks more like a giant hamster tunnel( Hydrophonics system(which is part of the greenhouse) gains -1 damage resistance)
[5] Did someone start a gym or something on board(+1 for you too)
Go to room and make it more awesome by putting I am the Walrus on repeat. Then be cool.
To be honest, there isn't much to do right now. I vote for time skip and combined turns, because otherwise there's no helping, or teamwork, and you'd have to keep track of how many people have posted.
[3]The rooms turns out to be mediocre at best. It's really small(You can't stand up in it) and contains nothing more than a bed and some shelves.
[5]No low gravity atrophy for you(+1)
[1] You almost find yourself put into hammerspace.
[5] No zero G athropy for you(Robot Duh), You do use the time to adjust to Mars gravity , allowing you to pick up heavy things easier
Spin the ship up to recommended gravity for the sake of the other passengers, then set the ship on auto-pilot and break into the box of goodies management decided to pack me.
Yes I know you already did this. If you really want to, I'll retcon an action in for you(Don't take to long)
[5]:The constant Marslike gravity seems to be healthy for you.

Random event: 5

A loud impact resonates through the ship. Several alarms go off, the lights switch off, Red emergency lighting activate and there's some kind of smoke coming out of the ventilation system. The ship's communication systems are offline so you'll have to be near someone to talk to them. (Your communicators have a short range walky-talky function, but this one option is normally turned off to save on batteries.

Gravity: .38 G
A.I:?????????
Lifesupport: ONLINE
Radiation shielding:ONLINE
Power generator: EMERGENCY POWER SUPPLY
Communication array: OFFLINE
Damage: None
  • The MCS
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)
MCV Prometheus stocks

PLayers

P.S: please state your Location in your Post(preferrably bolded)
P.P.S[4] The G.M is somewhat suspicous about his random number generator.(8/13 rolls are fives)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 12:25:16 pm by 10ebbor10 »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Mars Base RTD Turn:0 Timejump and a bang.
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2011, 10:19:51 am »

Ready the medical room for emergency. Remain in medical room for easy location in case of casualties. Try to raise someone on comms...

((I know it doesn't work, but Hilda doesn't yet))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2011, 10:33:05 am »

Head down to the generator's breaker room and reactivate the generator for that.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2011, 11:54:01 am »

In Fission Power Room

What in the?! I JUST DID MAINTENANCE ON THIS PIECE OF CRAP!
Survey the generator and repair any damage, then help restart it. Grumble about the meteoroid or whatever hit us not being detected.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2011, 01:58:17 pm »

Convince the smoke to dissapear stating that due to law 42 they should immeadiatly leave the area. Then continue to be awesome in my room.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2011, 05:29:45 pm »

Boris is located in Hydroponics, and is harvesting yams into a large canister.
When the bang happens, he looks up and says : "What happen? Somebody make joke with computer speaker?"
He stops harvesting plants and heads to the habitation room, hoping to find someone that knows the answers.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2011, 08:01:50 pm »

Nathaniel was jarred out of his issue of Space Station 69 by the sound of something hitting the ship. Huh. That really couldn't be a good thing. The subsequent outpouring of smoke from the ventilation and the loss of primary lighting did a great deal to reinforce that conclusion.

Unhooking the pilots intercom Nathaniel started talking fairly aimlessly while he fiddled with various things in the cockpit that might tell him what went wrong. "Good-evening crew, I don't mean to alarm you but we may have just run over a medium sized space cow or a small rock. Don't panic, this being space it is physically impossible for the wings to catch fire." Nathaniel stopped there however as he realized something strange, he wasn't hearing his own golden and impossibly sexy voice being played back at him though the ship's systems.
The lack of his own calm and reassuring voice was slightly disturbing, add that to what seemed to be a ship-wide power failure and this could become fairly interesting.

Open up whatever forward sensors we have, RADAR, LIDAR, even a visual if I have to. Make sure we aren't heading into more trouble than we're already in. After that try and find out what the hell hit the ship.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2011, 10:22:56 am »

"What the shit"

Sense what has happened. Then, find the crew and make sure they're okay.

Current location: my storage room
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2011, 11:19:57 am »

TURN 1: Damage Report (again)

Ready the medical room for emergency. Remain in medical room for easy location in case of casualties. Try to raise someone on comms...

((I know it doesn't work, but Hilda doesn't yet))
[3]You hear nothing but static on the comms. Also, you don't notice the walkietalkie mode.
Head down to the generator's breaker room and reactivate the generator for that..
[3] You arrive in the Breaker room. The room is filled with smoke, which is being sucked up by the ventilation system and distributed through the ship.The main circuit seems to be fried and the emergency circuit seems to be disconnected. Also you notice that a lot of fuses have blown(so that's were the smoke 's coming from).You fail to do anything useful tough
In Fission Power Room
What in the?! I JUST DID MAINTENANCE ON THIS PIECE OF CRAP!
Survey the generator and repair any damage, then help restart it. Grumble about the meteoroid or whatever hit us not being detected.
[4] The reactor is fine, the problem seems to lie in the circuitry. You reconnect the emergency circuit and restore power to the ship. A few fuses blow but at least the lightning's back online, as well as some of the computer systems. No sign of the A.I nor communication though.
Convince the smoke to dissapear stating that due to law 42 they should immeadiatly leave the area. Then continue to be awesome in my room.
[5] You reverse you room ventilation and watch as smoke gets sucked out of the room. After that, you turn of the ventilation. You can hear faint voices coming out of the ventilation. You realize that if you screamed in them really hard, the whole ship should be able to hear you.(No magic=/exagerrated sillines)
Boris is located in Hydroponics, and is harvesting yams into a large canister.
When the bang happens, he looks up and says : "What happen? Somebody make joke with computer speaker?"
He stops harvesting plants and heads to the habitation room, hoping to find someone that knows the answers.
[4]You're in the habitation room.No one else seems to be here though you can hear Yeremy messing with the ventilation is his room.
Nathaniel was jarred out of his issue of Space Station 69 by the sound of something hitting the ship. Huh. That really couldn't be a good thing. The subsequent outpouring of smoke from the ventilation and the loss of primary lighting did a great deal to reinforce that conclusion.

Unhooking the pilots intercom Nathaniel started talking fairly aimlessly while he fiddled with various things in the cockpit that might tell him what went wrong. "Good-evening crew, I don't mean to alarm you but we may have just run over a medium sized space cow or a small rock. Don't panic, this being space it is physically impossible for the wings to catch fire." Nathaniel stopped there however as he realized something strange, he wasn't hearing his own golden and impossibly sexy voice being played back at him though the ship's systems.
The lack of his own calm and reassuring voice was slightly disturbing, add that to what seemed to be a ship-wide power failure and this could become fairly interesting.

Open up whatever forward sensors we have, RADAR, LIDAR, even a visual if I have to. Make sure we aren't heading into more trouble than we're already in. After that try and find out what the hell hit the ship.
[4] The computer screens(which were recently reactivated), seem to be functionning fine. They're unable to connect to RADAR/LIDAR arrays. Eventually, you manage to manually activate one of the ships telescopes, you turn it away from the deepsky object it was looking at and towards the ship itself. Using the telescope 's spotter you search for dangerous objects.[4]There seems to be nothing unusual. You turn the telescope towards the ship. There's some to be a hole in the hull.
Quote from: Schilcote link=to pic=96965.msg2822644#msg2822644 date=1323530576
"What the shit"
Sense what has happened. Then, find the crew and make sure they're okay.
Current location: my storage room
[6] You try to connect to the ship's systems to find out what happened but are quickly overwhellemed by unuserfriendly errormessages. Through carefull analysing of these messages, you find out that the ship has been hit by a foreing object, probably a micrometeroid and that there's a hull breach, but there no air leaking away yet. (Question: How does a 0.5 ton robot move through a spaceship? Note: this one has ladders(to go to the inner sections of the ship.   

Gravity: .38 G
A.I:?????????
Lifesupport: ONLINE
Computer systems:OVERTAXED AND DAMAGED
Radiation shielding:ONLINE
Power generator: ONLINE
Main Power Breaker:EMERGENCY CIRCUITS
Communication array: OFFLINE
Damage: Minor hullbreatch, multiple subsystems damaged.
  • The MCS
MCV Prometheus stocks

PLayers

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2011, 11:37:48 am »

(Question: How does a 0.5 ton robot move through a spaceship? Note: this one has ladders(to go to the inner sections of the ship.

Well, we're in reduced gravity, so I don't weight quite that much...

I guess I have a special ladder-climbing device built into my undercarriage. That makes sense. I should be able to fit through most doorways.

What have I been doing while we were in transit anyway?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12