Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After the comm is repaired then?

No timejump( just 5 turns(in which nothing really happens) until you get into Mars orbit)
- 5 (31.3%)
Minor timejump(Mars orbit immeadiatelly
- 7 (43.8%)
MEdium timejump( You're on Mars)
- 4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Mars Base RTD Turn:5  (Read 22016 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Mars Base RTD(Prologue)
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2011, 12:58:17 pm »

You check all the storerooms and labs. This is what you find.

MCV Prometheus stocks
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

P.S: The lab parts are not complete as I have no idea what should be in them, so tell me.
P.P.S.: That list was quite hard to make.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:07:35 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2011, 01:00:16 pm »

((Note, it would have to be a much larger supply of water if the trip itself would take 2 years at least...))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2011, 01:07:10 pm »

((Note, it would have to be a much larger supply of water if the trip itself would take 2 years at least...))
When your in a completly airtight environment(closed-loop), recycling efficiency aproaches 100% quite fast. But I'll increase it a bit.

EDIT: Current systems are at 93% efficiency, so since we are 50 years in the future I think it should work.
EDIT2: The voyage takes 8 months, and you  can launch a mission every 1.5 years. So , 8 months one way, 10 months there, 8 months back
           Pretty sure my maths wrong somewhere though.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:08:22 pm by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2011, 01:04:21 pm »

"This Earth Orbital control to Promeheus. You have permission to take of and exit earth orbit. Just follow your predisgnated course."

OK, trying to get some reactions here. The pilot can fly the ship out or the commander can order the Eddie to do it. Anyway, i'd like some reactions even if it's just:"Waiting for something interesting to happen". Also, I ran out of bump flavor text . Might have noticed.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2011, 02:53:28 pm »

Make sure nothing is going to go horribly, horribly wrong.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2011, 02:59:54 pm »

Make sure nothing is going to go horribly, horribly wrong.

[4] You check all systems. Everything is online and perfectly functional.

P.S.: I'll stop doing rolls individually when the game really begins. At that moment I'll just make Turn posts(maybe with links).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:08:41 pm by 10ebbor10 »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2011, 06:20:42 pm »

Monitor crew life signs systems to check everyone is ok during and after take off. Your safety is my concern!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2011, 07:49:26 pm »

Taking off had been... interesting. He'd made planetfall in a tube as well but that was different, it hadn't felt like he'd been getting his ribs rammed through his spine. Accelerating through the atmosphere like a spectacularly aerodynamic cannon was not Hoke's idea of a good time, he preferred the free flight of the tiny transport shuttles that the ridiculously wealthy enjoyed employing so they could show off how well they could burn resources. Atmospheric flight always made him feel so constrained by the laws of physics, of course it was also unpleasant in that it usually felt like someone had attempted to beat him to death with a mattress.
Getting back into space was a brilliant sensation and a literal load off his chest. Granted he was still contained within the worlds most topical toothpaste, but at least he wasn't contained within the worlds most oppressive paste.

Nathaniel champed on his mouth radio to open the line back up with Eddie. "Eddie, what's the current gravity?" With luck he'd be able to get out, stretch, and feel the hyper-recycled air on the rather spectacular latex jumpsuit the eggheads had insisted he wear for the trip.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2011, 03:24:43 am »

"Current onboard gravity: 0,00 G. Please increase ships rotational speed to increase gravity to 3.76 G."

[2] THe systems shows that everyone on board, including the robot, died 5 minutes ago due to a myocardial infarction. You might want to recalibrate the system.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2011, 11:42:49 am »

"I swear that was working a second ago."
Recalibrate the systems.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2011, 11:59:47 am »

[3+1]  All systems are now working with error margins within operational parameters.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2011, 12:28:56 pm »

Are we going to be awake for the whole voyage?
Do we need to plant crops?

If yes to both ,

Plant crops with an emphasis on potatoes and beets.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2011, 01:06:44 pm »

Yes, You'll be awake for the whole trip and yes you need to plant crops..
 (But I'm going to skip quite some of the voyage, so as soon as this thing leaves the dock and earth orbit, you'll suddenly find yourself 1 week away from Mars).

[1]. Something goes wrong. The fact that the ships gravity has no gravity(for now), combined with an overpressure in the hydroponics system and the accidental breaking of a fluid tube results in a rather spectacular flying waterfall;In a ship that's almost completly not waterproof ( I mean, what's the chance of a flood in space, or on Mars for example). Damage roll(1+1). Luckly for you, allmost all the water is sucked into the ventilation system and the hydroponics pumps shut down automaticly. You just need to replace the filter and the broken tube( Can both be done in one roll, replacing the airfilter isn't nessecary)

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2011, 03:17:13 pm »

Boris pushes the button on the ship's intercom, and speaks into it in English :
"Everybody. Have problem with hydroponics. Need some help down here - water pipe is kaput. l clean up while waiting."

Clean up what water is remaining using any method (vacuum,towel, pants leg, etc)
Grumble about lack of beets.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2011, 01:05:07 am »

"Ugh. I'm on it."
Repair the pipe and filter.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12