Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How come...  (Read 484 times)

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How come...
« on: November 28, 2011, 01:50:17 am »

the game pauses and changes my screen every time Urist McPop'emOut has another kid...but nobody says a word when we run out of booze!?  Arrggg!!!! 
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: How come...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 02:00:15 am »

Because there's no message for running out of booze. There probably should be a message when you have less than a certain amount left.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 05:58:41 am »

There probably should be a message when you have less than a certain amount left.

There is, though it doesnt pause the game. It says something like "Urist McThirsty cancel give water: no water available."

It sounds like it applies to animals or hospitalized dwarves, but it actually always happens when I run out of booze.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 12:21:22 pm »

There probably should be a message when you have less than a certain amount left.

There is, though it doesnt pause the game. It says something like "Urist McThirsty cancel give water: no water available."

It sounds like it applies to animals or hospitalized dwarves, but it actually always happens when I run out of booze.

Aha!  Is that when that happens?  I also always assumed it was medical treatment.  It's pretty easy to set the game to pause on any particular message.
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 03:42:55 pm »

i just always make sure there is plenty, and i really mean plenty, of alcohol available. 140 dwarfs, 900 units of alcohol

that way, if i get distracted by a project, and i suddenly think "oops, how much is left" i usually have some left, if not too much
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.