Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48762 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]
« Reply #570 on: February 15, 2012, 06:49:58 am »

Oh, it was clear enough. I just couldn't pass on that mental image.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 15, 2012, 06:54:13 am »

OOC: What the Hell did I get a negative 3 modifier for. I guess revenge for delaying the turn? >_>
Also, TPK incoming? 3/6 players infected with constant HP drain and debuffs, which somehow are much more powerful than any of my spells have ever been. I guess it's all on me for using my poison magic. Which makes the point of poison magic really stupid, if I can't use it in combat without killing everyone...

Ochita, maybe you can wash away the slime? I dunno. I can't do anything until I disenchant myself or die.

SC and Tiruin, you guys might consider running away soon...
-----

Action: Attempt to transfer the hostile poison magic backlash off of myself!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 15, 2012, 07:03:11 am »

((Well, from what I in my unexperienced state may offer, we can all fight valiantly and trust our lives to chance and our prowess, or clear the entrance (nautiluses) and flee that way, hoping none die in the retreat. Maikah is in trouble.

Also, nice view Irony. The image rubbed off and hit me  :P))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 15, 2012, 07:04:20 am »

OOC: Probably TPK, Dwarmin. I'm the only person with no debuffs at all at the moment. You're gassed, wolfchild is blind, and everyone else has been slimed. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 15, 2012, 07:08:58 am »

OOC: Really, I thought the slime would slow them down. Or affect them somehow. I guess they're robots. >_>

Then again, this is how ALL the Magic RTD's end up, eventually. Someone uses magic, and said person (this time me) screws everything to Hell.

Frankly, we'd be better off just all melee attacking.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 15, 2012, 07:11:13 am »

SC and Tiruin, you guys might consider running away soon...
What the hell about me?! I'm at half health right now, and I'm a frigging front line fighter! I can't afford the rate of HP loss I'm suffering!

"Dear lord!" Pitonous shouts out, in fright. His adrenaline numbed his pain, but from the massive amount of blood in the water he had no doubt that he was dying very quickly. "I fear this is the end, everyone! I may be saying this early, but since we're all alive at the current moment I might as well say it! It was nice knowing all of you!" His draconic self already knew the battle was lost; the only thing making him continue fighting was his human stubbornness.

Get it off and... do something! Swing my sword! Use my shield! SOMETHING!

At least there's no waiting list.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:10:43 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 15, 2012, 07:12:41 am »

Blast it with light until it is  as blind as I am
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 15, 2012, 07:14:31 am »

OOC: Indeed. :\ That's why my second character in Westlands used no magic whatsoever.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 15, 2012, 07:19:17 am »

OOC: What the Hell did I get a negative 3 modifier for. I guess revenge for delaying the turn? >_>
Also, TPK incoming? 3/6 players infected with constant HP drain and debuffs, which somehow are much more powerful than any of my spells have ever been. I guess it's all on me for using my poison magic. Which makes the point of poison magic really stupid, if I can't use it in combat without killing everyone...
-2 spell level, -1 lack spell knowledge. Incidentally, I hate how clunky that last one is and will probably replace known spells with mastered spell principles, so instead of learning Fireball and no longer taking a penalty to fireballs you learn Flaming Projectiles and no longer take a penalty to fireballs, fire darts, fire bolts, fire lances, fire wheels, or whatever else you can think of that doesn't require some additional principle. Possibly with spell levels attached, ie Fire Projectiles L2 would remove the -1 for level 2 fireballs but not level 3 ones.

Screwups being more powerful than successes has always been kind of a thing, and it's true for all magics. Like when Ochita one-shot himself or wolfchild permanently blinded himself, neither of which was likely to happen to a serious enemy at that spell level. In the case of your slime, of course, there was also the added nastiness of having it combined with Ochita's magics.

On the subject of a TPK... yeah, I'm a bit concerned here. Part of the problem is that the nautili can field one attacker for everyone near the door, which is almost everyone at the moment. Part of the problem also seems to be that you're getting low rolls, though that might just be an illusion.

That said, a daring escape or reversal isn't impossible.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 15, 2012, 07:21:21 am »

Blast it with light until it is  as blind as I am
For some reason that action makes me laugh. :D

OOC: Indeed. :\ That's why my second character in Westlands used no magic whatsoever.
You still remember Westlands, ehh?

Ah the many times people screwed up... horribly mutating and mutilating themselves and other. Great fun. :P

I really do not see that happening. We're trapped, outnumbered, and now surrounded. We just can't handle this.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 15, 2012, 07:25:37 am »

Well, then let us go out with a bang then, I'm not giving up hope until my last hitpoint.

We won't all die.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 15, 2012, 07:25:42 am »

You still remember Westlands, ehh?

Ah the many times people screwed up... horribly mutating and mutilating themselves and other. Great fun. :P
Ah, the joys of being a splitsoul centaur.

At least I finally got my awesome golem. Sure, he immediately went berserk, but I got him.

I really do not see that happening. We're trapped, outnumbered, and now surrounded. We just can't handle this.
I'm not sure how I feel about giving out hints, but there are a lot of nuances of this situation that you're not considering. To some extent maybe I haven't made them clear (the nautili grabbing you is just flavor, for instance, you're not actually restrained), but I think you might be panicking a bit.

Which isn't to say the situation isn't dire, certainly, just that it's not as simple as "You die."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 15, 2012, 07:31:19 am »

We won't all die.
And then with this line you doomed us to all die.

I'm not sure how I feel about giving out hints, but there are a lot of nuances of this situation that you're not considering. To some extent maybe I haven't made them clear (the nautili grabbing you is just flavor, for instance, you're not actually restrained), but I think you might be panicking a bit.

Which isn't to say the situation isn't dire, certainly, just that it's not as simple as "You die."
I really don't think I'm panicking more than needed, honestly, because my current HP loss is 1/2 per 2 turns. That's 1/4th per turn. That's pretty damn significant!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 15, 2012, 07:39:34 am »

And then with this line you doomed us to all die.
Well, yeah. :-\

I really don't think I'm panicking more than needed, honestly, because my current HP loss is 1/2 per 2 turns. That's 1/4th per turn. That's pretty damn significant!
Well, true. On the other hand, you're getting better at it as we speak, and a lot of enemies go down faster than that.

Plus, like I've been saying, your current HP loss doesn't necessarily need to remain that way. Obviously you don't have a ton of options, but they're there.

Also, Dwarmin still has his perfectly healthy former slave, who is probably pretty pissed about this situation.

EDIT:
Frankly, we'd be better off just all melee attacking.
This has given me an excellent idea. I should (assuming anyone lives >_>) totally make a lot more enemies spellcasters. That'll either prove this wrong or be absolutely hilarious!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:44:26 am by IronyOwl »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 15, 2012, 07:44:24 am »

OOC: Well, everyone is suffering debuffs...

On a d6, debuffs are pretty extreme. Plus the damage. Plus stacking and refreshing for multiple turns, and probably it will just keep stacking with every melee attack. Most of us will die to attrition, even if we do get away.

I'm pretty much pinning my hopes on Ochita to somehow remove it all with water magic. Oh, but he's being debuffed too. Cue crit fail.

You couldn't have done 'screw you guys and die' any better way.

As for nuances...

I see *everyone* lost 20-40% HP last round. And we didn't even kill a single enemy.

My 'slave' should already be attacking. Didn't I order her initiative up to full?

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41