Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48798 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 19: Medusa Medic]
« Reply #450 on: January 13, 2012, 04:44:37 am »

"Ah, OK." She examined her ram dao. "I haven't been in many physical fights, but the few times I have I've mostly just used the weight of the sword to my advantage." She swung it vertically. "As you can see, that's where most of the power comes from. My people usually use this style of sword for executions, but it's pretty good for broad slashes as well." Athara turned to Pitonous. "I think having some training would help a lot, though, so thanks." She sounded pleased about it. As they walked, she tried holding the sword out in front of her without moving it around, just to get a feel for the change of balance.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 13, 2012, 05:48:21 am »

((By Nature magic, that means manipulating natural objects to the will of the caster. For utility/defensive purposes mostly, and the power of those (spells) are generally affected by the direct environment the caster is in, preferring lush, life-filled land over water/air.

Also, the power of the spells are based on the distance from the caster to the object and how 'organic' it is. It does not affect anything inorganic. If it fails on sentient beings, magical backlash is generated due to the tampering of life force.

If I got what you meant by 'what does your Glaive do' then maybe a... +1 to defense & dodge if life <4 (Due to the power of the engraving)? Or maybe a chance to counterattack if an enemy rolls a 1 or a very bad move, due to the flexibility and lightness of the weapon?

We are underwater, right?))

Search the surrounding area for any sign of...anything really. Tracks, paths or rooms.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 13, 2012, 07:06:21 am »

Walk up the stairs and examine my surrounds
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 13, 2012, 12:20:16 pm »

Drzkktizz nodded to Ochita.

"Think Ochita needs to go back tower...but not sure if the Empress will let us leave the ocean alive. For now, Drzkktizz make defense for Ochita, to stay in place, since we cannot stay to defend...want making, Ochita-son?"

Action: Drzkktizz makes a poisonous warding ring around Ochita so no monsters can get to him, if he agrees.

Then he follows Pito.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 13, 2012, 02:07:35 pm »

"Ah, n-no. I'm fine, and stable for the moment. Don't worry, I won't be stupid, and having a water mage in a water temple of all places should be useful, no? And actually, talking about critters.."

Decline the poison ring, and change my action to sending a pulse of hyper sensitive water, like when I was at the shore.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 14, 2012, 01:34:14 am »

Turn 20: Exploration

"Hey, guys, this vortex is safe to travel around. Come on, let's go!"

Keep checking out rooms until I get a roll of 4 or higher.
[4] You find a larger, more interesting room. Some of the debris is algae or barnacles instead of just rocks!

More importantly, the doorway in the back leads to a somewhat darker hall. It's small, only large enough for one person and awfully short. It occurs to you that it is a lot easier to move through when you're swimming rather than trying to walk, though.

The hallway leads right to a short set of stairs going down and left to a small set of steps leading up. The halls both turn and branch somewhat, but the basic pattern of left to go up and right to go down seems somewhat steady. Unfortunately, there's no other way to tell what's what- you don't know what's off in those side rooms, you can't find any significance or deviation to the architecture, etc. The only thing you do note is that whatever this light is, it's apparently only active in the rooms facing the vortex- the hallway is periodically lit by doorways leading from said rooms, but the other side passages are dark.

"Sorry, can't help you there. My specialty is wind," Athara said with a shrug of her shoulders and wings. She set off after Pitonous. "Hey, you're a swordsman, right? Think you can give me a few pointers?" she asked.

Follow Pitonous as he sweeps the room just in case he gets in trouble. Also try to finagle swordfighting lessons out of him.
[4] Pitonous runs into no trouble- well, no physical threats, at least. Figuring out where to go in here might be an issue.

For the moment though, you indeed manage to improve your sword grip. It's no substitute for actual combat practice, but for someone of your particular skill level, a bit of instruction can go a long way.

+1 Swords

Search the surrounding area for any sign of...anything really. Tracks, paths or rooms.
[3] You gaze around the very underwater region. Aside from the massive temple in the middle, the surrounding area seems fairly fertile but not especially interesting- sea life grows all over nearby rocks, and the ground is mostly sand, but nothing really sticks out to you. Certainly the area doesn't seem inhabited as far as you can tell.

Walk up the stairs and examine my surrounds
[2-2] You stumble up the stairs and examine your surroundings, mainly by bumping your nose into a wall. Ow. Guess you're still too blind to really make much out.

Drzkktizz nodded to Ochita.

"Think Ochita needs to go back tower...but not sure if the Empress will let us leave the ocean alive. For now, Drzkktizz make defense for Ochita, to stay in place, since we cannot stay to defend...want making, Ochita-son?"

Action: Drzkktizz makes a poisonous warding ring around Ochita so no monsters can get to him, if he agrees.

Then he follows Pito.

[3] With Ochita declining your protection, you instead simply follow Pitonous down the hole and into a room. It occurs to you that if the temple does spiral slowly, as it seems to, each offshoot could have nearly limitless space, ending abruptly or sprawling on as need or desire dictated. This isn't especially helpful, but it does remind you not to underestimate the size of this place.

"Ah, n-no. I'm fine, and stable for the moment. Don't worry, I won't be stupid, and having a water mage in a water temple of all places should be useful, no? And actually, talking about critters.."

Decline the poison ring, and change my action to sending a pulse of hyper sensitive water, like when I was at the shore.
[6-2-1+2] You send out a weaker, but more sensitive and omnidirectional pulse. You can feel it sliding along the temple, across the sand, and through the water.

The image you receive is very similar to the one you received simply from looking around. The rocks and sand on the bottom is largely uninhabited by anything large- you can feel the scurrying of crabs and such, and feel a handful of small fish swimming through the water, but the largest things are what you would guess are crabs the size of very small dogs, huddling in the lee of some stones nearer to the cliff walls.

Your efforts to scan inside the temple are met with less success- you feel fairly certain that anything short of physically touching the vortex is safe, and that touching the vortex itself wouldn't be directly harmful, just a sure way to end up dragged somewhere you might not like. Beyond that, however, the walls and floors largely defeat you.

Overall, the outside, at least, seems perfectly clear and unassuming, while the inside remains a mystery and the vortex is a bit more benign than you would have expected, albeit no weaker or more difficult to escape from.

You also double over a bit and realize that walking around with a hard plug in you going clear from front to back is probably not healthy. You should probably get that looked at.

+3 Water

Spoiler: Athara Opanine (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 20: Exploration]
« Reply #456 on: January 14, 2012, 01:42:04 am »

"Dammit, I hate it when dark, potentially dangerous places have several directions. You start fighting in one, people from other directions come from behind. You finish fighting on one direction, you find out you went the wrong way. *Sigh* So, up or down?

...Also, Drz where are those other two guys that are on our team?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 14, 2012, 02:12:06 am »

The Bugman shrugged.

"Up toward light, always better to start, I say.

Also, Fenarel-son-of-Velarion I last saw searching outside the temple, and Maikah-daughter-of-Moonfur was wandering as though she were blind. I think she might actually BE blind, but no one telling Drzkktizz.

Should we perhaps fetch her and him?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 14, 2012, 02:17:35 am »

"I'm not fetching them. If you want, you can. Anyway, regardless, if one of them is blind and another hurt as hell I don't think them coming along would be a good thing anyway.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 14, 2012, 02:27:38 am »

"Indeed, they will find us if they want, or not.

Hope Maikah-One finds safe place, anyway-with one as her blind becoming easy prey for...pretty much everything.

Athara-kin, what saying you...on direction?"

Drzkktizz scratched at the ground idly with his front legs, awaiting a decision.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 14, 2012, 04:59:32 am »

"Ow.. This is surprisingly more painful than last time..."

See if wolfchild can't undo this petrification, as he's presumably with us. And I'll try a bit of water magic on the ruins themselves.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 14, 2012, 09:01:25 am »

"Interesting place, this is. Never knew plants, or anything rather could grow underwater.

"Now to only find my allies."

Enter the temple, examining the surroundings on the way. Also, if possible, test my magic on those plants nearby, if it works.

((Still don't know if it's approved though))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 14, 2012, 09:02:30 am »

"Hmm. I'm sure what we need is further down, but I don't trust that single-file hallway," Athara said, since her opinion had been asked for.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 14, 2012, 02:57:59 pm »

"Don't worry, I've got a shield, if something attacks us it won't be able to hit any of us. Anyway, so we're tied? Great, that means I have to be a tie breaker." Pitonious thought for a few seconds before sticking his thumb up in the air, upwards. "Let's go up. Any objections?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 14, 2012, 03:03:06 pm »

"Nope. Let's go," Athara said.

(Figure I might as well color speech, too. Tarran, you don't use Darkling, right? Is it too bright? If so I'll add a shadow or glow or something.)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41