Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48808 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 18: Presents]
« Reply #435 on: January 10, 2012, 07:09:02 pm »

Go ahead, and give my slot to Tiruin. I won't be able to get on for six weeks ....
Aw, sorry to hear that. Hope you're at least having fun with whatever internet-defying thing you're doing. :-\

But at the very least. Have him cast his healing spell before he goes.

I don't want to be at almost death.
He will have a -2 total to the roll. You sure?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 10, 2012, 10:09:04 pm »

Go ahead, and give my slot to Tiruin. I won't be able to get on for six weeks ....
Aw, sorry to hear that. Hope you're at least having fun with whatever internet-defying thing you're doing. :-\

((And I was enjoying how everyone was going  :-\

Perfect...My character has problems swimming.))

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 11, 2012, 02:29:41 am »

But at the very least. Have him cast his healing spell before he goes.

I don't want to be at almost death.
He will have a -2 total to the roll. You sure?
[/quote
uh.
Damnit. Yes.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 11, 2012, 03:19:33 am »

Cheddarius healing attempt incoming.

Bye bye Ochita.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 11, 2012, 11:25:56 am »

Oh please.

Down to luck, and I don't believe in bad luck between games.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 11, 2012, 04:59:48 pm »

Famous last words considering there's a 1/2 chance that he'll botch it, and only a 1/3 chance he'll succeed.

If you die due to the healing, someone should sig the conversation and the roll.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 11, 2012, 06:19:39 pm »

@Tarran: Will there be any chance for a stabilization roll on critical spell fail? I could change my action to be on stand by, maybe give him a chance in worst case scenario...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 11, 2012, 07:38:09 pm »

Why are you asking me? ???

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 11, 2012, 07:49:21 pm »

Dunno, but the answer is "depends on what happens." I will say that instadeath is a bit cleaner than would normally be expected on a horribly botched healing roll, but it's possible.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 11, 2012, 09:55:44 pm »

I would also like to change my action to be on standby since I have some medical skills... or at least I don't have a malus, I think...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 13, 2012, 12:40:35 am »

Turn 19: Medusa Medic

Quote from: AI ADWARF
HEAL: OCHITA
Quote from: Dwarmin
Standy for damage control!
Quote from: Serious
Standy for damage control!

[6-3+1][2-3+1] You successfully heal Ochita's wound. Unfortunately, you somehow petrify the spot in the process, resulting in a slab of some hard, organic substance where his wound used to be. Needless to say, this is Very Bad.

[6-2] Drzkktizz quickly springs into action, using his modest medical knowledge to stabilize the situation. Ochita still needs help, but he's not in any immediate danger.

[5-2] Athara takes this opportunity to examine the 'wound' more carefully. It's probably less serious than the actual wound, save that she's not sure how to deal with petrified flesh.

Lituh: +X Restoration
Drzkktizz: +4 Medic
Drzkktizz: Now Novice Medic
Athara: +4 Medic
Athara: Now Novice Medic

Use water magic to remove debris, to clear the water so we can see clearly, and hopefully with more light.
[2+2-2-1] You kick up some dust, without really moving anything or making the water brighter or clearer. Great.

+1 Water

Approach the vortex VERY SLOWLY, testing out the strength, and keep my legs in a position to push backwards. If the vortex isn't too strong, go down to the rooms below.
Your testing, while firmly standing on the edge, confirms that the vortex seems to be limited to the visibly darker, swirling part. You don't test immediately next to it, but within the hole in the floor, certainly, there's only the faintest of currents.

[2] You sink down into a small, debris-ridden room. Closer inspection reveals that the exit is plugged with rocks, the same kind that litter the floor. A quick search reveals nothing of interest, or indeed anything at all except rocks.

Quote from: Tiruin
Appear!
((I'm assuming you want to go join the rest of the group; if not, you can just exit the portal and go off on your own, or even go back and harass the mages or something.))

Well, that was odd.

First, you're recruited by some strange bandage-clad being, then brought to some slightly erratic mages. Then you step out of a portal onto a beach and are immediately accosted by strange fish-men, who manage to convince you to put on an amulet and follow them into the sea, where you eventually meet a rather large, feral-looking mermaid who wants to hire you to help the very people you're here to help, and that they're apparently in a pit that sucks in anything that comes near it.

So, here you are, at the bottom of a pit that's glowing oddly, deep under the sea, in service of a tower of mages and/or mermaid queen ordered to help... well, you assume that's them over there, at the top of the temple-like structure that dominates this place, apparently trying to figure out what they just did to one of their own and undo it. You get the feeling that today is not finished being odd.

Spoiler: Athara Opanine (click to show/hide)

Right then, sorry for the delay. Tiruin, do you know what you want your glaive to do? For that matter, could you go into a bit more detail as to what you mean by "nature" magic?

Also, I've left adwarf for now because you might still need him and it's rude to half-solve/possibly make a problem worse and then leave.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 19: Medusa Medic]
« Reply #446 on: January 13, 2012, 01:06:16 am »

Wow, no Cheddarius healing attempts. Still bad, but not a Cheddarius.

"Hey, guys, this vortex is safe to travel around. Come on, let's go!"

Keep checking out rooms until I get a roll of 4 or higher.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 13, 2012, 02:53:59 am »

"Urgh. Well, fixed one problem, onto another? I'm happy that it didn't kill me though. Maybe an earth mage can try something?"

Try again with the whole calming the water thing.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 13, 2012, 04:20:32 am »

"Sorry, can't help you there. My specialty is wind," Athara said with a shrug of her shoulders and wings. She set off after Pitonous. "Hey, you're a swordsman, right? Think you can give me a few pointers?" she asked.

Follow Pitonous as he sweeps the room just in case he gets in trouble. Also try to finagle swordfighting lessons out of him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 13, 2012, 04:32:54 am »

"Sure. I'll tell you lessons as we go. First one, stop holding that sword so close to your chest, extend it out further, you get more strength and reach if you extend it further at the expense of slightly more danger for your arms, but that's canceled out by the extended reach which greatly reduces danger to getting cut or stabbed in the chest. Also, don't make your arms that stiff, it'll lead to odd swings."
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41