Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48814 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 17: Gifts and Similar]
« Reply #375 on: January 07, 2012, 07:38:23 pm »

(*pokes IronyOwl to get his opinion on the whole books thing they were discussing earlier*)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 07, 2012, 07:45:01 pm »

It seems pleased. And relaxed, shuffling around a bit and looking at various things. It avoids actually touching anything someone else is carrying or wearing, or getting too close to them, however.

(*pokes IronyOwl to get his opinion on the whole books thing they were discussing earlier*)
((Oh, right. Yeah, if you're nabbing one for each player, that's pretty easy to come up with. I'm probably only going to give you four, but wolfchild hasn't responded to my PM so he may be out. :-\

So yeah, which four schools do you want? Martial/mundane maneuvers are also a possibility.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 07, 2012, 08:32:29 pm »

(I don't think he's posted in my RTD either. :\ Anyway, I'm taking a wind book for myself, a fire book for Tarran, a poison book for Dwarmin, and a water book for Ochita since adwarf just got a healing book and wolfchild seems to have disappeared.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 07, 2012, 09:47:27 pm »

"No need to be so mad at me, princess Skel. I have done you no harm, and do not intend to. So if you are a beacon of hope, I would expect nicer manners." Pitonous said rather apathetically, but honorably.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 07, 2012, 10:11:10 pm »

Mini-Turn!

After some pleasant chatting just outside, away from prying ears, you are handed several amulets and led to waiting sharks. You put them on and then get on them, respectively, to avoid drowning and being left behind, respectively. A lean, golden-brown merfolk with a net and javelins is your "guide."

From there, it's another long ride into the depths. This particular destination is well out from shore, and the water is very, very deep here.

When you arrive, you have to be told this is the place to realize it. As far as any of you can tell, you're just on another flat section of the sea floor. Only when you start walking in the direction your guide indicates- he's not coming with you- do you begin to feel the current in the water. With visibility so poor, it's a bit longer and a much stronger pull before you can actually clearly see the edge of the sinkhole. From what you can tell, it's absolutely massive.

With little else to do, you all hurl yourselves screaming into the depths, and/or walk forward calmly until the current picks you up and swirls you down into the hole.

The journey down is rather intense, and a soft glow from the bottom is just about the only thing you can see. It intensifies as you get further down, until finally the current begins to let up and you float gently down the last several stories to the bottom.

The region you find is surprisingly lush, covered with various underwater plants and inhabited by fish, crabs, and other such creatures. More interestingly, the whole place glows softly with a bright, faintly tealish light that you can't determine the source of.

The temple still dominates the landscape, however. It's shaped somewhat like a classical temple, even being made of white stone, but you can tell there's more than one way in. A quick inspection reveals doorways set in the base of the structure at ground level, in addition to the obvious steps leading up to the central building.

Examination of your amulets reveals them to be a shark tooth on simple rope, with a rune carved onto them. Judging by the familiar pumping feeling in your throat, you would guess they're essentially permanent versions of that water breathing spell.

The starfish Tarran is carrying has undergone an interesting transformation. Its eye is now like a translucent, smooth, vividly colored gem, predominantly pinkish but with other colors in the sides.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 07, 2012, 10:14:02 pm »

Athara looked at the starfish distrustfully. "Would you mind putting that thing away for a minute, Pitonous?" She wasn't eager to be handing out stolen goods while under surveillance.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 08, 2012, 12:25:24 am »

If Pitonous was on land, he would be sweating in fear. However, underwater, little was noticeable about him besides the fact that both of his personalities went AFM (away from mind) for a few minutes. He does not like going down holes, let alone holes underwater, and especially with no idea what's at the bottom.

"Uh... sure. If you say so.

Also, after we get this gem and free Skel's people, I am... not going into an ocean again."

Hide starfish.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:54:58 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 08, 2012, 12:34:34 am »

Once he had done so, Athara reached... somewhere... and pulled out three books. "Here. I figured you guys could use them. I've already got one for myself." She gave Drzkktizz the poison one and Ochita the water one, then handed Pitonous the fire one. "I'm not sure what sort of spells you use, but you might find it useful anyway." She got out her own book containing a wind spell and flipped through it. The knowledge it contained would be useful before they went inside.

(I'm assuming all these books are waterproofed since they were found underwater. ^^^)

Give Tarran the fire book, Dwarmin the poison book, and Ochita the water book. Read the wind book.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 08, 2012, 12:59:00 am »

"Huh, some divine being must have subconsciously told you, because I do in fact use fire magi-

Wait, you honestly hid four spellbooks with you somehow? Pffff, I'll remember to tie all my items down with an iron ball from now on."
Pitonous chuckled.

Read Fire spellbook.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 08, 2012, 01:03:59 am »

(As far as hiding stuff goes, I would give you the same answer Meryl gave Snake but... uh... yeah, just no to that idea. :P)

Athara nodded as she turned a page. "She crossed a line, I stole all of her spellbooks. Sounds fair to me." She wasn't going to explain how she hid them, but her wings could cover a few things if they and the items were positioned correctly...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 08, 2012, 01:16:26 am »

"Quick to anger, ehh? Well, I have a feeling that we'll get along just fine." Pitonous smiled.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 08, 2012, 01:28:31 am »

"Anyone mind if we kill her once this is over?" Lituh asked as he watched the exchange.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 08, 2012, 01:33:39 am »

"The Empress? Well, I suppose you could kill her... Though not everything has to end in death, and I have a feeling Skel here might want a punishment of her own choosing."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 08, 2012, 01:47:53 am »

"I'd help you with that," Athara said to Lituh.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 08, 2012, 02:02:31 am »

Skel chimes in with a rather frenzied "Of course we should kill the witch! Her and all her kind!"

((Also, exploring actions might result in another mini-turn update thing, but for the most part you can take normal, next-turn actions and expect to have them resolved relatively soon.))
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41