Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48828 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 16: Shark's Teeth]
« Reply #315 on: January 03, 2012, 06:33:21 am »

Get on the Shark ... I hate sharks

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 03, 2012, 07:11:44 am »

"So... what's up everyone? What's happened so far?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 03, 2012, 09:17:51 am »

"Drzkktizz szay no time to exp-lain for newcomerzs. Grab on-to szhark, yezs?"

Action: Drzkktizz rides the biggest shark!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 03, 2012, 09:55:54 am »

Might as well show off..

Get onto a shark, and use water magic to help its journey though the water, making me the fastest.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 03, 2012, 10:42:27 am »

Since she helpfully made us all ass underwater... :P

Take a shark, but be respectful about it. A shark is a creature of nature, too, even if a bit... overly predatory.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 03, 2012, 03:14:39 pm »

"What? Oh fine, I'll grab onto the sharks. But if I get eaten it's you guys I'm going to murder in the afterlife."

Grab onto a sharky.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 03, 2012, 09:20:55 pm »

Alright, well that's everyone who isn't blind, so we'll let wolfchild make his decision along with his actual action.

Mini-Turn: Destination!

[5] Ochita's masterful use of water allows him (well, his shark) to glide effortlessly, easily outpacing his pedestrian comrades. ((Not a "real" spell, so no exp, mods, or chance of dying. Just glory or shame. :P))

Your journey first takes you to a tiny cliff face with a round, large shack nestled against it. The Empress dives into it, and you can hear her snarling in anger through the water. Her frogmen similarly slink inside, and emerge carrying objects.

She then thrashes out of the shack angrily, and your journey continues.

The rest of the journey is surprisingly long, and for the most part boring. You keep near enough to the coast for some diffuse light to filter through, but it's night and there's only so many little hills and kelp strands you can see underwater and still be impressed.

What you do finally see, however, is impressive in its own right. There appears to be a city, or at least rather grand-looking town, underwater. It's mostly made of the same unidentifiable brownish stuff as the shack, but with the tapering spires and lit windows everywhere, it looks quite impressive.

You head towards the center, to a large- but not the largest- structure with a tapering spire for a roof. The inside is grandly lit and decorated with all manner of valuables, including gold, gems, bones, hides, and the occasional slave. A giant, very shallow bowl with a gold rim, matching back (like an open clam shell) and filled with cushions apparently serves as the Empress' throne.

The sharks depart as you leave them and enter the room- they don't enter themselves, though the door is big enough for them to fit. The Empress take a moment to recast the water breathing spell, then begins screaming at various servants and slaves. They're all merfolk or fishmen or some description, but fairly inhuman for the most part.

After a bit of this, one servant brings her a tome with a page marker, which she takes and begins reading. She reclines in her throne while doing so, leaning against a brace of pillows to her side for a reclining effect, before finally closing the book and looking at the rest of you.

"Yyyyou mayyyy... rrrecover att thhiss placce, annnd mmake ussse of mmmy ssservantssss... thhhennn youu mmust deccccide wheree to goo for yyyourrr... quuuest. Mmmy mminnionsss mmay be aaable to addvvvisse yyyou."

From here, you can see one room leading into what looks like a study or library, and one that appears more like an armory or war room, maybe even posh training area. Several servants are chained to the wall by their necks, and several more slink around, mostly peering at you from behind doorways. You could probably get one favor or boon out of this, but likely not more.

((You may freely converse with each other or the creatures in the structure, and get one roll to receive deeper information, an item, or some other boon.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 03, 2012, 09:34:39 pm »

"Ow.. I really shouldn't have done that.. But, uh.. Hello orginal group! Me and the Aellar were sent to provide help, but as you can see I messed that up. I should really find some healer, or learn healing magic itself.."

Search for a healer in the study, or failing that, a book on healing magic.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 03, 2012, 09:41:53 pm »

"So, now that everyone's not riding a shark, will someone tell me what is going on around here? Me and Lituh are your backup, and it would be most wise if we knew what the hell is going on around here."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 03, 2012, 09:48:49 pm »

Lituh looked at the Empress, and asked "Would it be alright for me to have one of your servants to go with me on my travels?"

Try to get the Empress to gift me with one of her servants preferably ones that can breath on land as well.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 05, 2012, 12:36:26 am »

I assume Ochita wants to be permanently healed and adwarf wants a servant. Tarran just wants to know what the hell is going on.

That leaves Dwarmin, Serious, and wolfchild, plus Tarran when he figures out what's up and then decides on a real boon.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 05, 2012, 01:02:55 am »

Athara looked at Tarran and shrugged. "Hells, don't look at me. I was sent through the portal, Ochita mortally wounded himself, I tried to heal him, and then she -" Athara waved vaguely in the Empress's direction, indicating she would have chosen a different set of words to describe her if she wasn't in earshot "- shows up and starts threatening us and the mantis over there sweet talked her into giving us sharks. Or something. Near as I can figure we're supposed to be looking for the elemental gem of water?" Athara shrugged. She hadn't had it explained to her either, it was what she gleaned from conversation.

(I don't know what to ask for. o.o Help?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 05, 2012, 01:05:43 am »

"So, now that everyone's not riding a shark, will someone tell me what is going on around here? Me and Lituh are your backup, and it would be most wise if we knew what the hell is going on around here."

Drzkktizz made sure they were alone before speaking. At least, he hoped so. He was surprised to find his voice carried much better under water than it had on land.

"Drzkktizz explain.

Mages send team to find location of strong water element gem. Not be finding on beach-we must find Merperson Tribe of great strength and numbers to create it most likely, found under this sea. Lost four allies already to strange circumstance, sad to say. Needed a plan.

So, Drzkktizz make ally with Mighty Empress Hasalia for passage to undersea realm to find the merpersons. Temporary alliance most likely will last until we find it, then she tries to kill some of us and chain the rest of us to her wall.

Drzkktizz would not personally enjoy being chained to a wall for the Empress's pleasure that much, so we must be very careful. Very subtle, yes? Ask Drzkktizz anything more, for Drzkktizz actually enjoys speaking underwater-the sonic vibrations I produce travel much clearer than in the world of air."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 05, 2012, 01:08:23 am »

((You've got a large fish that you hate with a building full of servants and valuables. Think of something you'd like to wheedle out of one or more of those and have at it. :P

You can also perform basic explore actions for free, like "examine the wall decorations more" or "try to find the biggest gem in here."))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 05, 2012, 01:11:43 am »

(Well, I mean... what's in the realm of possibility to ask for here? An increase to an ability, an item, information, what's the limit? :3)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41