Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48842 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 12: Blood In The Water]
« Reply #240 on: December 26, 2011, 12:07:40 am »

Turn 13: Better And Worse

Now, charge the shark and aim for the fins and gills.
[1+2] vs [2+1] You flail inexpertly at the shark. It flails inexpertly out of the way.

[2+3] vs [2] The shark thrashes back in response, tearing red streaks across your left arm.

-3 HP
+0 Swords
+3 Dodge
Now Novice Dodger

Before finishing off the remaining two Frogmen, I'll ask them (Try and gesture) that I'll let them live...If they serve me. If not, kill them, and if I have any time remaining, practice raising some of them from the dead. A simple temporary resurrection, just to boost my Necromancy levels.
[3] You get across that you're big and scary, but intimidate them more than frighten them into service.

[3+1-1] vs [3] Their fear prevents them from properly striking at you.
[3+2-1-1] You wound both of them, but they remain unkilled.

+1 Dodge
Now Novice Dodger
+1 Necromancy

Action: Continue fleeing toward the shore!
[1] You slip on the soft, yielding sand, the shark's thrashings churning the waters around you and obliterating the stability of the floor. You go underwater, wondering just how something this simple can foil you this much.

Urgh... Try to use water magic to not bleed out or anything.
[6-1-2-1+2] Controlling blood using water magic is decidedly difficult, but you nonetheless manage to curb your bleeding.

The winged elf then rebandages you, putting a permanent stop to the bleeding. You're still heavily wounded, but you're not in danger of dying except from external circumstances. Overexertion might still qualify at this point, however.

+4 Water
No longer bleeding out; no longer in danger of death from wounds

Get out of the water
[6] You successfully bolt from the water, leaving the massive shark behind. Being on dry land feels extremely good, under the circumstances.

"Oi! You stay the hell back!" Athara yelled at the purple blobby thing as she continued to do what little she could for Ochita.

Yell at the blob to keep it at bay, continuing applying pressure to Ochita's wounds - I don't really have the magic or materials for better care.
[1] The blob is apparently unimpressed by your shouting. It bolts right towards you.

[5] You expertly rearrange the bandages, putting an end to the human's most critical worries. He's still in no shape to do anything but hobble to a real healer, but he won't die on his own.

[4] The blob stops not far from you. It's... not a blob. In fact, it's probably some form of merfolk.

It's got purple scales, a serpentine lower body, and the upper half of a female humanoid. Its arms are clawed and muscular, and its shoulders, back, and head are fused into a bulky mass reminiscent of a cobra's hood. It's face is nonetheless humanoid, save that its jaws are large and predatory.

It hisses at you, narrowing its eyes. "Whoooo are youuuuu?" it hisses after a moment, sounding displeased.

Spoiler: Ochita the Scholar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Athara Opanine (click to show/hide)

Dunno what to say, Dwarmin. Looks like the RNG really wants me to give you a negative trait now. In related news, danger-sense approved.

In somewhat related news: Wolfchild, what does your spear look like? More relevantly, what do you think of the current bonus for it? By "combined spell levels," it basically means the system described below: A level 3 spell gives you 3+2+1=6 "levels," which is also the amount you'd need to grant a +1 bonus to a level 3 spell.

In more universal news, your Christmas presents are for me to actually make your items do something now (and have the shark go for Kemler, who both attacked and could survive it this round). Except for SC, but only so I could get his input on what he wants his sword to do. Anyway, comments, questions, and outrage welcome on them.

A bit more explanation is required in some cases. Bonuses generally function on a pyramid number setup, with each iteration giving a +1 bonus. So for example, an Adept (+3) Swordsman needs +6 in bonuses from items or similar in order to get a full +1 to his Swords skill- 1 for Novice, plus 2 more for Apprentice, followed by 3 for Adept. An Apprentice wouldn't need that 3 more at the end, needing only +3, while an Expert would need 4 more, for +10 total.

Bonuses higher than +1 are theoretically possible this way, but treat your newfound bonuses as part of your skill level. In other words, a Novice (+1) Swordsman wielding a +10 Swordsman item would "only" get +3 (since he needs 1 for +1, then 1+2 for +2, then 1+2+3 for +3), not +10.

Bonuses that skip this system and simply apply a bonus directly to your rolls are possible, and are differentiated by mentioning that they benefit certain rolls, rather than skills. "+1 Swords" is a scaling bonus, while "+1 Swords Rolls" is a flat one. Scaling bonuses ignore flat non-skill bonuses.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 12: Blood In The Water]
« Reply #241 on: December 26, 2011, 12:16:22 am »

Hopefully we can get the next turn a little quicker? I'm losing interest in the game.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 12:34:13 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 13: Better And Worse]
« Reply #242 on: December 26, 2011, 12:19:25 am »

I'll once more attempt to intimidate the frog-things under my thrall, but...Have a bit of compassion as well. Let them know that I'm not evil, nor will I hurt them...Unless they try and hurt me first.

Can you have it so that my amulet protects me from rebounding necromantic energy? As in, if I fail a roll really badly, could it protect me (at least from the brunt of it)? That shouldn't be too overpowered, right? I wanna cast spells, but it's too scary! Might get insta-gibbed x.x (I hope that I don't sound too demanding...)

Glad for another turn though :D!

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 26, 2011, 02:42:33 am »

Yeah, this one was a bit delayed due to this and that.

And sure, I'll see about redoing your amulet to protect against backfires somewhat. Later though.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 26, 2011, 03:10:31 am »

Grab/drag the mantisman to the shore.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 26, 2011, 07:07:46 am »

In more universal news, your Christmas presents are for me to actually make your items do something now (and have the shark go for Kemler, who both attacked and could survive it this round). Except for SC, but only so I could get his input on what he wants his sword to do.

I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean a special effect of some sort? Because other than that, a ram dao is basically just a huge cleaver. I guess inflict higher damage on a successful hit? If not, maybe it's just a +1 sword or something...

"You first," Athara said, stepping around Ochita to protect him. He was too hurt to do much in this state and if this weird-looking thing was hostile she'd have to protect him. She reached around her back and unsheathed her weapon, moving it up so the dull side rested on her shoulder with both hands on the hilt. "Who are you and what do you want?" she asked, extending her wings slightly.

Question the mer-thing. If it initiates hostilities, use some minor wind magic to blow sand in its eyes, then attack while it's disoriented.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 26, 2011, 07:22:05 am »

I mean I have no idea what a ram dao is (other than, as I said, more or less a machete), and thus aren't sure what it should give a bonus to. +1 Swords or +1 Damage are the most obvious, but other benefits would be possible. If you're describing it as a cleaver, I'm guessing extra damage is indeed appropriate, though.

Oh, and I may have forgotten to mention that the mer-thing is at least nine feet tall. Dunno if that affects your action or not.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 26, 2011, 07:38:04 am »

I think I included an image before, but here's another one just to give you an idea. Also, here's what I found after a bit of searching:

A heavy sacrificial sword or chopper used in India Ram Dao'. This short curved sword was used in ceremonies for both animal, and in earlier times, human sacrifice.

Mostly though I just know it from Soul Calibur, where it was one of Yunseong's weapons and would leech health with each hit.

EDIT: I did some further research. This sounds quite like the weapon I had in mind, although Athara's is a bit oversized as is my wont. :3
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 07:58:38 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 26, 2011, 11:48:11 am »

Focus on the merfolk, and ready my sword to parry, if I need to.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 26, 2011, 06:03:07 pm »

I think that looks good for the spear, as for how it looks It is made wholey of faceted, clear crystal, it's point is just a point, no flanges or barbs

Blast another flare at the shark, to help the others get out
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 26, 2011, 07:12:52 pm »

Turn 14: "Diplomacy"

[6] You finally break free of the sand's tyrannical grip and bolt from the water, reaching safety in no time.

I'll once more attempt to intimidate the frog-things under my thrall, but...Have a bit of compassion as well. Let them know that I'm not evil, nor will I hurt them...Unless they try and hurt me first.
[6] You successfully convince them that you're a vicious, cruel overlord who is willing to be magnanimous to those under his employ who don't fail him. They very quickly start groveling. Though, you don't think they can actually understand your words, just body language and tone, and haven't heard them speak anything intelligible yet.

+2 Wounded Frogmen Minions

Grab/drag the mantisman to the shore.
[3] With the mantisman already safe, you flee yourself. You stumble and don't get very far, but it should at least be a little tricky for the shark to reach you now.

[6+3-1] vs [4+1] Hindered somewhat, but not nearly enough, by the shallow water, the enraged shark thrashes at you, taking out your legs and splashing you into the water. It occurs to you that one more solid chomp would likely lead to being swallowed whole.

-3 HP
+2 Dodge

"You first," Athara said, stepping around Ochita to protect him. He was too hurt to do much in this state and if this weird-looking thing was hostile she'd have to protect him. She reached around her back and unsheathed her weapon, moving it up so the dull side rested on her shoulder with both hands on the hilt. "Who are you and what do you want?" she asked, extending her wings slightly.

Question the mer-thing. If it initiates hostilities, use some minor wind magic to blow sand in its eyes, then attack while it's disoriented.
The mer-thing seems almost to flare up, hissing in anger at your gall.

"Youuuuuu daaaaaaare? Fooooooolish wrrrretch!" it growls. The little frogmen shuffling around it seem to become more agitated and aware, keeping their focus on you rather than whatever catches their attention.

[3] It waves its hands in quick, whipping motions, and at first you think it's casting a spell or using an ability of some sort. The frogmen swiftly dart around, loosely encircling you and Ochita, spears pointed inwards. They actually look surprisingly disciplined.

The mer-thing snakes a bit closer, looming over you menacingly. "Iiiiii am Emmpresss Hasssaaaallliiaaaaa," it hisses slowly, a dangerous look in its eyes. "Youuuuu haaaaave onnnnnne channncccccce to groooovelll befffffffore I rip yourrr wingssss ouuuuut."

Focus on the merfolk, and ready my sword to parry, if I need to.
You get ready to defend yourself, but no attack comes just yet. It occurs to you that in your still-wounded state, you'll both be less effective, and at some risk of worsening your condition. That shouldn't happen if you're lucky, but it's still something you wouldn't want to do if you could avoid it.

Blast another flare at the shark, to help the others get out
[1+1-1-1] With the others already almost safe, you settle on a fairly simple spell. This turns out to be a good thing, because the darkness trailing from your fingertips flares up, and you find yourself with two shadowed hands. The second only reaches down to mid-palm, but appears to disrupt your casting similar to the other one.

+1 Light Magic
Second Shadowed Hand: -2 Total to Light Magic

Spoiler: Ochita the Scholar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Athara Opanine (click to show/hide)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 14: "Diplomacy"]
« Reply #251 on: December 26, 2011, 07:39:20 pm »

IronyOwl: What are the chances that I could heal my minions? Without killing them...Anyhow,

Let the frog-men treat their wounds, then search for anything else that I need to do for the Mer-men people. If there's nothing, head back to the mer-people who gave me the quest.

Oh...And, how severe are their wounds? Life-threatening, or just...painful?

My true nature is showing, I'm a decently compassionate guy IRL...I don't want to see them suffer >_>.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 07:42:43 pm by Dave1004 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 26, 2011, 08:00:12 pm »

Your current roll for normal healing magic would be at -3. So, uh, not good.

Their wounds are merely painful.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 26, 2011, 08:10:00 pm »

Alright. There's no way to heal with Necromantic energy? A la draining my life into there's or something?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 26, 2011, 08:27:18 pm »

Draining your life into them could work. They've only got 2 HP and are missing one, so it'd be a relatively simple and only slightly damaging for you spell.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41