Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48855 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 10: Sink or Swim]
« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2011, 08:22:38 pm »

Turn 11: Oh Shi-

I'll attempt to observe what's going on, and if I can, sling a low-level Necromantic spell at them. Something that hurts, say...Gloom Dart? (A few small darts of pure darkness leap from the Caster's fingers, slamming into whatever he's aiming at. Highly accurate, but not exceptionally powerful.)
[4] You can make out that they're messing with something, or maybe multiple somethings, on the ground, but otherwise, no idea.

[4-1-1+2] It occurs to you that damaging darkness isn't really necromantic- it'd probably be its own school- and fire dark darts of necrotic energy instead. Same thing, really.

More importantly, it impacts several of them, who make pained garbled noises and spring into action.

[2+1] vs [2-1] The dark shapes scurry forward alarmingly quickly, and manage to catch you offguard. Several of them stab you lightly with their tiny spears.

-2 HP
Frogmen Wounded
+1 Necromancy
+2 Dodging
Now Dabbling Dodger

Blast a high intensity light at the shark, hopefully overloading its senses temporarily
[5-1-2-1+2] vs [1] You create an intense glare that the shark fails utterly to avoid. It pauses for a moment before thrashing angrily.

+4 Light Magic
Shark disoriented

Get into the shallows and ready my sword. Slash at the shark should it try to attack the mantisman.
[6] You overeagerly rush to your new friend's defense. You'll get +1 to Attack and -1 to Defense should you engage the shark next turn.

High velocity water bullet time!
[1-1-3+2] In retrospect, that was probably overly ambitious. Water magic isn't an especially offensive-minded school, after all, and the forces needed to turn ordinary water into a lethal weapon are fairly severe.

Still, this particular incident was more misfortune and achieving the right effect the wrong way, you think as you cough up blood and look at the hole you've punched through your abdomen on the right side. Not surprisingly, your vision starts to fade and you feel yourself falling backwards shortly thereafter.

Hole punched through torso
Unconscious
!!DYING!!
+2 Water Magic

Hover and observe the action. If that purple blob looks hostile, use a minor wind spell to blow sand in its eyes and blind it.
[6-1-1+1] You expertly hover a little above the ground, keeping an eye on the purple shape. [1] It freezes where it is, watching the shark and related scene unfold.

+3 Flying

Action: Drzkktizz moves back back toward shore-casting a spell of murky colored, ink like poison in the water to try and fool the sharks senses and cover his escape.
[3-1] You fail to make much progress while casting.

[5-1-3+2] You lace the water with strands of disrupting poison- it's not guaranteed to do anything, and it won't cover you entirely, but it's at least a deterrent.

[2-2] Between the flare and the poison, the shark simply thrashes in place, as though trying to clear its head.

Spoiler: Ochita the Scholar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Athara Opanine (click to show/hide)

Ochita may attempt a "not die" or similar action, though on a 1 he's likely to make it worse, and he'd need to be pretty lucky to stabilize from something like that on his own.

Also, Dwarmin still needs to think of a dodge-related trait sometime.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 11: Oh Shi-]
« Reply #211 on: December 20, 2011, 08:33:06 pm »

Protect the mantisman! Stab at the gills of the shark should it get close.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:45:50 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 20, 2011, 08:38:43 pm »

I'll re-cast that spell again, and try to take down the wounded one. Watch my back as well.

Hang in there, Ochita! You can do it!!

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 20, 2011, 08:48:12 pm »

Drzkktizz wasn't about to question his good fortune. Or why Ochita the Scholar had apparently commited suicide.

He saw Kemler moving to attack the shark. And tried to warn him way.

"Kemler-szon szhould be not be szo recklezss, I am szafe once I get to...the szhore...

Do not fight the ene-my in hizs terri-tory...he will eat you."

Action: Drzkktizz flees to the shoreline!

OOC:
Also, Dwarmin still needs to think of a dodge-related trait sometime.

What do you mean here, Ironyowl?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:53:09 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 20, 2011, 09:12:23 pm »

Maikha moves into the water to physically help her insectile ally out of the water
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 20, 2011, 09:40:26 pm »

Oooh! Lets have a dream that symbolises how close I am to death! And then break though that dream, and wake up.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 20, 2011, 10:32:12 pm »

Dwarmin's dodge may have been my favorite moment in this RTD so far. Also, gaining two skill levels from successfully dodging the same horrifying incident is worth a trait, I think. He can select anything of appropriate power (which should probably be a situational +1 to something) and appropriateness (which is fairly flexible, but the general idea should be self-evident).
Basically, you went from no idea what you're doing to somewhat proficient by evading swimming death by the skin of your teeth. That strikes me as worth a free trait. :P
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2011, 12:39:49 am »

(I suggest ripping off Spiderman's spider-sense thing.)

Athara hovered over Ochita. Oh, dear. I'm not sure what I can do for him... She landed and took off his shirt by simple virtue of ripping it into pieces, then placed one piece under his wound and wadded another up, pressing it against the hole to try and stop the bleeding. "Is anyone here skilled with healing?" she asked, looking around.

Tear Ochita's shirt into bandages and try to staunch the bleeding; call attention to the fact he's horribly injured and needs help.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2011, 01:36:08 am »

(I suggest ripping off Spiderman's spider-sense thing.)

Athara hovered over Ochita. Oh, dear. I'm not sure what I can do for him... She landed and took off his shirt by simple virtue of ripping it into pieces, then placed one piece under his wound and wadded another up, pressing it against the hole to try and stop the bleeding. "Is anyone here skilled with healing?" she asked, looking around.

Tear Ochita's shirt into bandages and try to staunch the bleeding; call attention to the fact he's horribly injured and needs help.

Sorry, mate. Currently being poked by a bunch of frog-dudes in some weird-ass cave. Would love to help, but y'know...Just get some other Necromancer to resurrect him. Or try and summon Derm, that always works.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2011, 07:55:45 am »

No healing pots on Drzkktizz, sadly.

Basically, you went from no idea what you're doing to somewhat proficient by evading swimming death by the skin of your teeth. That strikes me as worth a free trait. :P

Hmm, how about this.

Mantis-Sense: Drzkktizz has learned to innately detect subtle vibrations in the air, earth and water with the fine hairs on his legs, or his attenae-allowing him a +1 bonus against surprise attacks, against enemies that approach him in such a matter. This has no effect once combat has already begun.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2011, 04:28:06 pm »

Turn 12: Blood In The Water

Protect the mantisman! Stab at the gills of the shark should it get close.
[3+2] vs [6+1] The shark thrashes wildly as it lunges, foiling your attempts to stab it.

+0 Swords

I'll re-cast that spell again, and try to take down the wounded one. Watch my back as well.

Hang in there, Ochita! You can do it!!
[6-1-1+2] At this range and with several of them injured, your excessive blast of necrotic energy quickly kills three of them. There appear to only be two left.

[4+1] vs [5] The spears narrowly graze you.

+2 Necromancy
+3 Dodge
3 Frogmen Slain!

Action: Drzkktizz flees to the shoreline!
[2] You stumble and slip in your efforts to escape. The shark goes for your ally rather than you.

Maikha moves into the water to physically help her insectile ally out of the water
[2] You also slip, resulting in both you and the mantisman being in the water, rather than your plan of both being out of it.

[4+3] vs [1-1] The shark's jaws slam into your torso with horrifying force, hitting you just as you were most off-balance. You have trouble breathing.

-7 HP
+4 Dodge
Now Dabbling Dodger

Oooh! Lets have a dream that symbolises how close I am to death! And then break though that dream, and wake up.
[6] You dream you're sinking. It feels slow at first, but gradually the pace increases, or perhaps you just notice it more. The water around you gets darker, and it occurs to you just how beautiful the sparkling patterns on the surface of the water are... but they're fading, you realize. The depths are claiming all light, and that makes you sad. Sad and determined. You begin thrashing against the current pulling you under, and you feel the water around you billow under you command. You begin swimming upwards, the water around you picking up more speed as you get further away from the abyss. By the time you hit the water's glittering surface, you're being propelled at incredible speeds.

You gasp and open your eyes, immediately feeling the pain of your rather severe wound. The winged elf is tending to you, which is sort of a relief, but you're clearly not safe just yet.

Now Conscious
Heavily Wounded, -1 to all actions

[6-1] You expertly cannibalize Ochita's shirt into bandages, which you then expertly apply to the wound. [4] The wound is still insistent on being a wound, however, and he's far from in the clear.

+3 Medic
Now Dabbling Medic
Ochita's bleeding stopped; still critical

[3] The purple thing approaches cautiously, still staying on the outskirts of the fray.

Spoiler: Ochita the Scholar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Athara Opanine (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 04:39:29 pm by IronyOwl »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 12: Blood In The Water]
« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2011, 04:35:53 pm »

Now, charge the shark and aim for the fins and gills.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2011, 04:37:52 pm »

I had a feeling I'd forget that. Editing in...

EDIT: Fortunately, it just so happens to do nothing whatsoever anyway.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 04:39:49 pm by IronyOwl »

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2011, 05:52:02 pm »

Before finishing off the remaining two Frogmen, I'll ask them (Try and gesture) that I'll let them live...If they serve me. If not, kill them, and if I have any time remaining, practice raising some of them from the dead. A simple temporary resurrection, just to boost my Necromancy levels.

Finally! I got an awesome roll! Bwahaha! Can't wait for the next turn, IronyOwl.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:00:00 pm by Dave1004 »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 21, 2011, 05:59:38 pm »

OOC: I should be getting some bonuses now for getting close to the shore even by a little bite. Drzkktizz isn't a complete invalid, he's quite agile. :P

Action: Continue fleeing toward the shore!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41