Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48884 times)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 7: On The Importance Of Skin]
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2011, 05:21:52 am »

See, that'd be a problem because then it either wouldn't make sense or have to be changed back in three turns when you get disemboweled. :P

...I'm getting disemboweled in three turns?

>_>

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 7: On The Importance Of Skin]
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2011, 08:53:55 pm »

Turn 8: Nothing Happens

AGAIN!
The necromancer mutters something about this being silly and wanders off, leaving you unable to use him as an unreliable battery.

[4+2-1-1-1] Once again, the shadow on your hand flickers, but fails to stay down.

+2 Light Magic

Action: Try and collect the remaining skins
[2] You find skinning the rest of them much harder, and succeed only in shredding their corpses.

Kemler sits down to rest(heal).
[4] You relax a bit. It'd be easier to do that if it wasn't so windy and cold, but you feel less like falling down afterwards.

+3 HP

I'll listen to the Frog-things, and try and barter whatever I can. I need to feed my magic addiction...
You convey that you are a greedy necromancer. They convey that they need a greedy necromancer.

More specifically, they explain how you're in a settlement right now. It's hidden because their foul enemies have driven them from their homes, and now hold the shallow waters. They're interested in things that can kill other things, and should be able to acquire magic items in exchange.

Additionally, they're rather flexible as to how exactly you accomplish your task. The bigger one is fine with anything that results in dead enemies, while the catfish wants a more strategic approach.

Quote from: Ochita
Appear!
Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Appear!
After the rather unorthodox journey to the mage's tower, you are both greeted by a teal-robed mage calling himself Archmage Sorus. He looks rather concerned about something, but begins quickly explaining things.

He explains that they need the help of adventurous types like yourself, and had already sent a team through the portal to begin, but were having trouble figuring out if they were succeeding or not. Combined with some other things, he'd like the two of you to go join them and make sure everything's alright; they can explain what your task is when you get there, but the short version is that they need to use a device he gave them to transform water energy from living things into a water crystal.

He's willing to answer questions you might have, or you can go straight through the portal.

Spoiler: Ochita the Scholar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Athara Opanine (click to show/hide)

I'm a bit unsure what to do about SC's efforts to swap a lesser skill for a racial ability, so for the moment I'll just treat it as a very specific skill, with penalties relating to how difficult or complex the task is.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:28:19 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 8: Nothing Happens]
« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2011, 09:03:36 pm »

Drzkktizz threw the shreds away. Not much skin on those!

"Kemler-szon, I szhall szearch the szhallows...maybe be find-ing szomething..."

Action: Wade into the shallows looking for...anything interesting.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2011, 10:32:08 pm »

Attempt to determine if the shadow will fade over time
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 14, 2011, 01:21:15 am »

I'll listen to the frog-man who has the strategic plan. If it's simple, I'll go with it. If not, just send me to the place and let me kill things. Many things. Try and get some gear before I leave (Armor, magic items, etc), so that I don't get slaughtered.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 14, 2011, 02:09:34 am »

"Aye."

Watch the insect-man and warn him if a creature comes close. Continue to rest otherwise.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 14, 2011, 02:15:05 am »

Athara shook her head. The only question she had - how much are we getting paid for this? - probably wasn't polite to ask. "On my way," she said, going straight for the portal. It would be nice to get out of this cramped environment and stretch her wings, anyway.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 14, 2011, 11:30:08 am »

"Hm. No, I don't think so." Ochita follows the female Aellar, getting in line with her.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 14, 2011, 11:36:02 am »

I am still confused, wolfchild, as to why you would want to get rid of a hand of darkness. Isn't that possibly one of the most badass things you can get on a 1? Seriously. Also this RtD is awesome.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 14, 2011, 11:39:08 am »

@Super Tomato: Normally you would be right, but Wolfs character is a Light Magic user. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2011, 12:18:28 pm »

Bah. He can just learn Dark magic so he can use one with each hand.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 16, 2011, 06:27:19 pm »

I would kill to have a hand of darkness.

Hey, IronyOwl, is there a way that I could take that dark energy from Wolfchild and absorb it into myself?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 16, 2011, 06:54:02 pm »

Hm. It's an RTD, so probably, but I'm not sure what school of magic that'd use.

Also, note that it's more literal than figurative darkness, so it probably wouldn't strengthen necromancy or what have you. Strictly speaking wolfchild doesn't even use "light" magic in that sense of the word, so it probably should have been a blurred area covering his hand or something instead, but oh well. Too much one way or the other can still interfere with what you're doing.

Also, if you're curious, the reason this hasn't updated yet is that there's a time limit for getting into Dwarmin's RTD and WRITER'S BLOCK WHY.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 16, 2011, 07:36:15 pm »

Hm. It's an RTD, so probably, but I'm not sure what school of magic that'd use.

Also, note that it's more literal than figurative darkness, so it probably wouldn't strengthen necromancy or what have you. Strictly speaking wolfchild doesn't even use "light" magic in that sense of the word, so it probably should have been a blurred area covering his hand or something instead, but oh well. Too much one way or the other can still interfere with what you're doing.

Also, if you're curious, the reason this hasn't updated yet is that there's a time limit for getting into Dwarmin's RTD and WRITER'S BLOCK WHY.

Hmm, interesting...No, I didn't think that absorbing the darkness would boost my Necromancy, but I did hope that it could help Wolfchild. Still, though, you never know if a bit of Bottled Darkness could come in handy.

I have one last question: If you has a sort of enchanting system, how does it work? Is it just the basic "Imbue an object with magic", or is it the more complex type; - a la magical reagents and whatnot? Say a bit a bottled darkness and a hand of a crawl-fear would enchant a blade with a sort of death magic? Ice Wraith teeth and Frostbite Venom (Lol skyrim) would give a battleaxe a biting chill?

Just wondering. Also: I don't know what the time limit means, but go at your own pace. I'm just happy that Darkmoon RTD is still going, it seems that most others as of late are dropping out...Which makes me a sad panda.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 17, 2011, 04:10:20 pm »

Turn 9: Progress By Any Other Name

Action: Wade into the shallows looking for...anything interesting.
[6] You slip and slide into a pit of sorts, dunking your head below the water. Taking the moment to examine your surroundings, you discover that there's objects in the sandy depression, which is around six feet wide. They're roundish and soft... eggs, you suppose? You might be in some sort of nest.

Attempt to determine if the shadow will fade over time
[1] You determine that shiny object. Wait, what?

Regardless, it's not shrinking as is, so if it will go away, it's either very slow or not visibly noticeable.

I'll listen to the frog-man who has the strategic plan. If it's simple, I'll go with it. If not, just send me to the place and let me kill things. Many things. Try and get some gear before I leave (Armor, magic items, etc), so that I don't get slaughtered.
The frogman's plan is fairly simple- there's a settlement of enemies, which he feels should be scouted out and perhaps harassed, near the shore. They don't have any equipment to give you, and the frogman suggests you be very careful and perhaps raise some servants or otherwise acquire allies before you go.

They know something important is in that settlement, but it's poorly guarded for some reason. Caution is still advised, however, as "poorly guarded" is a relative term, and the region is still crawling with foes regardless.

Watch the insect-man and warn him if a creature comes close. Continue to rest otherwise.
[2] You don't recover very well, but rest is still rest.

+1 HP

Athara shook her head. The only question she had - how much are we getting paid for this? - probably wasn't polite to ask. "On my way," she said, going straight for the portal. It would be nice to get out of this cramped environment and stretch her wings, anyway.
"Hm. No, I don't think so." Ochita follows the female Aellar, getting in line with her.
The portal appears to be covered by a purple bubble of energy, and a stool with a glossy black stone sits nearby. The barrier doesn't prevent your entry, however, and you soon find yourself on a night-clad beach. An orc in dust-colored clothing is sitting nearby, nursing his wounds, while some sort of giant bug plops beneath the water. A female fox-thing stares at her shadow-streaming hand with a look of irritation.

You're starting to understand why the mages wanted more help.

Spoiler: Ochita the Scholar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Athara Opanine (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41