Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48906 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 7: On The Importance Of Skin]
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2011, 09:25:32 pm »

((Darkling for the win!))

"Perhaps so." Kemler put his head on the grass and rested.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2011, 10:42:11 pm »

OOC: Cool forumites use Darkling theme so their light green fonts stand out.  8)

And always type in italics.

OOC: My laptop's backlight is failing, the bright white makes it easier to see...Thanks for the tip though :P. Also, sorry for being such a dick before. I didn't use a single ounce of tact...And I have no excuses for my behavior. Guess I was in a trollish mood. I hope that, in the future, we can possibly work together.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2011, 01:08:40 am »

OOC: Guess I was in a trollish mood. I hope that, in the future, we can possibly work together.

OOC: There is no forgiveness in these grimdark forums. No mercy. All insults will be repaid in kind a thousand times over in agony and horror. You have earned an enemy for life.

We are now destined to duel on a mountain of bones during a thunderstorm with swordhammers. There can be only one.  ???
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2011, 02:23:06 am »

OOC: Guess I was in a trollish mood. I hope that, in the future, we can possibly work together.

OOC: There is no forgiveness in these grimdark forums. No mercy. All insults will be repaid in kind a thousand times over in agony and horror. You have earned an enemy for life.

We are now destined to duel on a mountain of bones during a thunderstorm with swordhammers. There can be only one.  ???

OOC:

D:

/fin

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2011, 03:53:12 pm »

you can give my spot away to someone, I am both extremely busy as well as sick, and I will be unable to continue.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2011, 04:10:37 pm »

Ah, sorry to hear that. Hope you get better soon, and thanks for letting us know.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2011, 07:40:01 pm »

I'm sorry to hear that Kilakan, I hope you get better.

Here's my character sheet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:43:28 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2011, 08:23:21 pm »

Imma Drop too, School is a bitch and I cant run an RTD and keep up with another couple, Sorry.
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 12, 2011, 08:25:52 pm »

Alright, good luck then.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2011, 08:27:48 pm »

Sorry to see you guys go.

And welcome to the game, Ochita and SC!  :)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2011, 08:52:37 pm »

Wasn't expecting another slot to open up so soon, uh, I'll have a character up quickly. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2011, 08:54:01 pm »

So, confession time. You know those ?s that indicate the experience required to achieve the next level? Those aren't because that's a hidden value, or varies between schools or characters or anything. That's because I hadn't finalized what the actual values should be.

Now that I've decided I really need to finalize those, I'm leaning towards one of the simpler solutions. This is what I'm currently considering, but I'd like feedback before I make it official.

NameBonusExperience to Next LevelTotal Experience to Attain
Inexperienced-120
Dabbling+042
Novice+186
Apprentice+21614
Adept+33230
Expert+46462
Master+5128126

In case it's not clear, experience resets (with excess carrying over) each level, so going from Inexperienced to Apprentice requires 14 exp (2+4+8), for instance.

EDIT: One other thing, regarding how to handle Dodging. Basically I'm thinking of three options.

1. There is no Dodge skill. There would presumably still be ways (armor, probably) to reduce the amount of dying you do.

2. There is a Dodge skill, but it's only leveled by devoting an entire turn to it. In other words, only an action of "I don't die" or similar grants Dodge exp, not simply being hit.

3. There is a Dodge skill, it's leveled with use, despite use being passive and automatic in this case.

I was originally going to go with 3, but when adding up what you're owed from the turns I wasn't tracking it, it turns out Micelus and Kilakan would already be Novice or almost Novice Dodgers from their shenanigans, assuming the numbers given in the table above. ಠ_ಠ
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:11:21 pm by IronyOwl »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2011, 09:24:35 pm »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Well, I don't really like 2. It would slow combat down to a crawl as certain people would do nothing but attempt dodges until they had a high enough skill they didn't have to worry about it. I have no preference towards 1 or 3, however.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2011, 10:09:27 pm »

So, we've lost some players, but gained some more! That's cool, I eagerly await the next turn! Also, IronyOwl, could you name the RTD "Legacy of Laz'Ka"? I think that it would be fitting, since I am the hero and all.

Well, hmm. I don't know. Darkmoon RTD Does sound nice, but...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2011, 10:21:36 pm »

See, that'd be a problem because then it either wouldn't make sense or have to be changed back in three turns when you get disemboweled. :P
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41