Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48899 times)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 6: Bugs and Light]
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2011, 12:30:12 am »

Kilakan! Spartan! Your king demands that you rise!

*sigh*...It's been about 4 days, maybe you should just auto them. I need more Darkmoon RTD! What happens to Laz'Ka? Will he be eaten by a monstrous fish? Taken hostage my mermaids? Forced to live in the lap of luxury, forever gifted with, er, "Eternal Potency"?

Aaah...The wait will just make the reward so, so much sweeter...If only I could control time. Or people. Maybe both...Guess I should do something instead of sitting here refreshing. Maybe I'll...Nah, that's boring. Uh...No, the gaming PC is off...Gah!

I'll be sitting here, refreshing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2011, 12:39:44 am »

Yeah, I'll be autoing them shortly if they don't show. At this point it's other things preoccupying me.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2011, 12:43:33 am »

Yeah, I'll be autoing them shortly if they don't show. At this point it's other things preoccupying me.

Ooh. Well, good luck beating back those preoccupying gremlins! Nasty buggers, I know from experience. They seem to work with the sock gnomes, so watch out for sneak attacks...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2011, 07:28:50 pm »

Turn 7: On The Importance Of Skin

"I thank you...what I did was foolish."

Kemler put on his discarded clothing and dissected the frogmen, to understand what they are.
[1-1] Attempting to properly open one of the little things, you manage to stab yourself through the non-thumb side of your left palm.

You swoon from pain and blood loss.

-2 HP
+1 Butchering

Action: Help extract and study the scales along with Kemler to see if they have any alchemical properties.
[5-1] Turns out these creatures don't have scales; just skin. In either case, without any experience with butchering things extracting it should be hard. Fortunately, you seem to have a knack for it, and end up with one slightly ragged frogman skin.

[5] Examining the pale skin, you surmise that it probably has waterproof-related alchemical properties.

+3 Butchering
+Slightly Ragged Frogman Skin

Try to get someone to help me, maybe charge my spear with some raw energy
Your comrades all seem busy. Except for those two staring off into space. Well, the one looks like he's being savaged by fireflies or something.

[5+2-1-1] vs [4] You have the leather-clad necromancer-ranger fire off a minor pain bolt, reasoning that if you get lucky, you can charge your spear with it to boost your own magic, while if you don't, it won't cause any lasting harm. Unfortunately you're a bit too slow and get winged by it, wincing despite the lack of damage. Needless to say, you also fail to charge your spear.

I'll stay calm, and, uh...Get dragged through the water. Pray to the Nine Divine that there's no biter-fish in the water. Laz'Ka has quite the fear of underwater demon-fishes.
[6] The trip is actually quite impressive- there's no living things you can see in the dark water, but your path takes you speeding past interesting terrain at a nice pace. You wonder if this is what it'd be like to fly low over the ground.

Down a cliff you go, hugging it the whole while, before coming to the bottom and continuing your trek. The water is frigid and pitch-black this far down; you wonder just what the fishmen are doing with you.

The answer comes eventually, as you are pushed into a building. You hadn't seen it until you were through the door, making you wonder what else is out here. A dull thud implies that the door is shut, while the sudden presence of bright light implies another has opened.

Adjusting your eyes, you see that both your fishmen are still with you, and you're in a tiny room with a door behind you and a now-open door in front. Some sort of completely different fish-man is there, but draws back to allow the three of you to enter. The bigger fishman just drags you along, not bothering to put you down or let you swim or anything like that.

The room itself has several tiny alcoves where orange lights lay; if it wasn't underwater, you might have assumed they were candles or similar. It's mostly circular, being somewhat different near the door, presumably to leave room for the tinier room you came in through, and there's what looks kind of like furniture and decorations- including what you think are rugs and books- scattered around it.

The new face is most definitely different from the other two, however. For one thing, it's a golden brown color and is wearing a sort of whitish robe. For another, its face looks more like an anthropomorphized catfish or something, though with actual lips and trailing barbels instead of the top-half-swivels-open-to-eat approach of the others.

The three have a brief conversation, you assume, followed by the catfish-man shaking his head in a strangely humanlike gesture. He then fetches a book- yes, it's a book underwater- and flips through it a bit. A few incantations later, your ears and tongue feel different. You're pretty sure this is some sort of communication or translation spell.

The catfishman clears his throat before speaking. "I assume you're from the surface? Tell me, what news do you bring?"

"Can it understand us or not?" the larger original fishman growls impatiently.

"Paaaatience," the smaller one nearly sings.

Quote from: Spartan Mk. IV
ORDER RECEIVED, APPLYING PAIN TO TARGET
It could have gone better.

+2 Necromancy

Quote from: KILBOT
TACTICAL RETREAT
[6] vs [1] You bolt, leaving the glowbugs in the dust. Without their conjurer to rip apart, hopefully they'll dissipate in short order.

The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 7: On The Importance Of Skin]
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2011, 07:31:11 pm »

Kill self from shame.

Action later
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 08:11:30 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2011, 07:43:00 pm »

AGAIN!
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2011, 09:54:13 pm »

I'll explain the situation as shortly as possible. You know, the whole water stone thing, enlisting the aid of creatures, blah blah...But more importantly, I'd like to ask them if they have any magical artifacts* or tomes of wisdom...And what I could do to earn myself some of those. I'll trade this worthless eyeball necklace (Not mine, the one I was given) for something magical. Make sure to express my thanks that they spared me.

Sorry for not, er, roleplaying, but...I'm really bad at that. I can't do it without feeling cheesy, so...Aye.

*: Anything that's cool and magical.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 09:56:21 pm by Dave1004 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2011, 10:34:59 pm »

((Yeah, this seems more suited to mini-turns. No worries about not RPing.))

I'll explain the situation as shortly as possible. You know, the whole water stone thing, enlisting the aid of creatures, blah blah...But more importantly, I'd like to ask them if they have any magical artifacts* or tomes of wisdom...And what I could do to earn myself some of those. I'll trade this worthless eyeball necklace (Not mine, the one I was given) for something magical. Make sure to express my thanks that they spared me.
The fishfolk share glances at your explanations and questions, with the catfish leaning back with a thoughtful expression, the bigger one making what sounds like a vicious bark of laughter, and the little one tilting its head puzzlingly.

"There's plenty of magical trinkets waiting if you do as you're told," the larger one says, still sounding vicious.

The catfish clears its throat again. "Ah, we may be able to provide what you're after in exchange for certain, erm..." he looks at the other two, and pauses a bit as if trying to think of the word, "...services," he finishes reluctantly. "Might I ask your specific... profession, as it were?"

The catfish also looks at your eye amulet and asks what it does, but doesn't mention anything about trading for it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2011, 04:25:28 am »

Drzkktizz hummed to himself, trying to gather the remaining skins. It was almost surreal, to him-in his own society, he had never had to collect anything for himself-that had been the sole job of the Gatherer Caste. On one claw, he knew such things made them stronger as a whole-the Gatherers who spent their entire lives doing it were predictably extremely good at it.

And yet, that exact specialization made them weak as indiviuals, unable to do anything but what they were born into into. Logically, it had significant flaws...the Indiviual was an odd concept, surely, one Drzkktizz was hard pressed to understand.

He tried to speak to Kemler.

"Kemler-Szon szhould rezst now. Drzkktizz hazs no hea-ling, but he will wat-ch you while he gatherzs.

...Tell me Kemler-Szon...do you thi-nk we are sztronger for be-ing...one of one, or be-ing...many of many? Doesz you find joy in...doing thingzs outzside of your cazste...job...prof-ezzss-ion? Drzkktizz doezs not kn-ow what to...think on thizs mat-ter. Cazst zself out azsk-ing thizs quezstions from Hive."

Action: Try and collect the remaining skins
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2011, 05:56:54 pm »

"Yes, I'll take your advice..I've been foolish recently."

Kemler limped over to the grass and sat down to rest. He pondered the insect's question.

"I do not believe I could accurately answer the question...I've never experienced this "many of many" concept. My tribe, my hive you could say, where enslaved by another people. They made us work, often making sure our tribe never saw each other except during the earliest and latest hours...I don't really know my family all that well, even now since I took on travelling."

"As for doing things out of your profession, well, certainly! I explore crypts, ruins, ancient cities with passion and write of it easily, but sometimes I want to rest for a while and so I find some settlement, rent a room or building, and live life as if I was settled. Knowing you however, this is an alien concept, no?"

Kemler sits down to rest(heal).
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2011, 06:13:48 pm »

The Bug-man chittered in contemplation as he went about trying to remove the skins...

"Yezs, alien con-cept. Hive only hazs one job...for the one. We can-not azspire to...be diffe-rent. Your racezs are sztrange to me...but very intr-ezsti-ing all the szame. I would like...to be more like...you, Kemler-Szon. You are sztrong, becauzse you are many in one. Even if a bit fooliszh.

And, cap-tivity is not un-known...to my people. Prizsonerzs of warzs are taken from other hivesz, but re-tain the caszte they held before-szolders szerve the new hive loyal-ally. We do not call them szlaves, szince they are brotherzs and sziszters...owner-szhip doezs not imp-ly a lower-ing of onesz szelf in my szociety.

But, you szpeak of this szlavery...did your peoplezs fight...thizs order of thingzs? It szounds un-natural to hold other beingzs againzst their will. May-be one day...Drzkktizz Hive will help you...free your Hive, and we can-be one together?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2011, 06:26:02 pm »

"Thank you, but that isn't needed...my people are free now and making sure they are not enslaved once more. But I'm sure my hive would like that."

Kemler was surprised at how Drzkktizz's people could so easily allow a former enemy into their hive and partake in the labour. All without complaint or hatred. And so his curiosity forced him to ask.

"But now, I'd like to ask a question. Is there truly no animosity between the captured and those of the hive? what would happened if you were to capture a leader of another hive?"
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 11, 2011, 06:59:14 pm »

"Hmm...we ar all...brotherzs and brotherzs, no matter the hive. We are the honor-bound to we-lcome new hive matezs, or we prove ourzselves unworthy...of the vict-ory. Weak-er hive that szurrenderzs doezs not fight, for no Mantizz-Men can live alone. As szaid, we are only one purpose, for one. Farmer-bugzs need defenderzs...Warrior-Bugzs need food...it workzs well enough.

What point izs...there in hurt-ing anymore than we have to be? Two hivezs are always sztronger than one. Sztronger hive would have no reazson to take over weaker hive, if not to become sztronger as whole, yezs?

And-animozsity szometimes happenzs-ezspecially among high-onesz like War-Leaderzs...where can-only be so many voicezs comm-anding in one placezs, fightzs happen.

in cazse of dizsagree-ment, their izs killing...but, their is no disa-greement on why. Fight-ing... izs only between those brotherzs who can-not agree. Fight is to the...death, szince by fighting szame hive brother, it izs kn-own that your death sezrves the hive by removing...the dizschord. But, izs very rare.

Bet-ter to work to-gether...than to die...yezs?"

The Bug-Man took out a single wickedly curved blade with a notch in the end and plunged it into a frog-mans chest without hesitation.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 11, 2011, 07:44:44 pm »

((Yeah, this seems more suited to mini-turns. No worries about not RPing.))

The fishfolk share glances at your explanations and questions, with the catfish leaning back with a thoughtful expression, the bigger one making what sounds like a vicious bark of laughter, and the little one tilting its head puzzlingly.

"There's plenty of magical trinkets waiting if you do as you're told," the larger one says, still sounding vicious.

The catfish clears its throat again. "Ah, we may be able to provide what you're after in exchange for certain, erm..." he looks at the other two, and pauses a bit as if trying to think of the word, "...services," he finishes reluctantly. "Might I ask your specific... profession, as it were?"

The catfish also looks at your eye amulet and asks what it does, but doesn't mention anything about trading for it.

I'm a wizard who focuses on the Necromantic arts, blah blah roleplay roleplay roleplay, and in conclusion, what services do you require? Oh...right, yes, the amulet...I have no idea of what it does. Probably an epic talisman from a long-forgotten civilization, brought back to rid the world of all that's good and pure once more. Sounds about right.

OOC:@Dwarmin: That is one horrible color to pick for your text, heh. I guess i can just highlight it, but...Light green on a white background? Eeurgh!

I'll listen to the Frog-things, and try and barter whatever I can. I need to feed my magic addiction...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 11, 2011, 07:48:07 pm »

OOC: Cool forumites use Darkling theme so their light green fonts stand out.  8)

And always type in italics.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41