Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48933 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 1: Let There Not Be Light]
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2011, 08:10:18 pm »

Turn 2: Unorthodox Diplomacy

"Well, we are looking for merpeople. Probably live underwater then...This might be idiotic, but why not?"

Strip and head into the water till water is at shoulder height.
[4] Stripping down to your mandatory underwear, you head into the water. It's a bit hard to hold still, what with the waves swelling over you, but you remain more or less at shoulder height while trying to find something.

Unfortunately, that something is a sharp poke to the gut. Followed by another jab to your left thigh, then one to your right bicep. Something is definitely in the water and definitely poking you with sharp objects.

Blast the darkness around my hand with light
[5-1] vs [5] Hoping to avoid making the situation worse, you constrain yourself a bit while focusing bright light around the darkness on your hand. Unfortunately, not only does it not fix the problem, it doesn't even blot out the dark while it's active.

+3 Light Magic

I attempt to communicate with this fish-creature, being as calm and still as I can. No sudden moves, but if it seems that it may be a threat, I'll cast something powerful against it...Something that hurts, but won't kill it. We may need information...
[1] vs [6] You lick your lips while slowly bringing your hands forward as though to grab it, dark power subconsciously flickering slightly about your palms. It's not quite as disarming as putting your hands forward and not moving it supposed to be.

For some reason, however, the creature doesn't seem concerned. Instead, it lets out what sounds sort of like a happy, high pitched call, drifting backwards slightly.

A few moments later, another head pops up out of the water. This one is a bit larger and slightly darker, and lets out a slight growl when it notices you. The smaller one utters some more melodic, high-pitched noises, possibly talking to the larger one, who responds by opening its rather impressive, tooth-filled mouth and hissing at you like an alligator.

It then drags itself forward, supporting itself with its arms in water about a foot deep. Its fishy lower half, darker than its upper to the point of being black, must make it quite a bit larger and heavier than a human, but its upper half is otherwise mostly the same size. Well, the head is larger, and more or less opens completely along the middle for its jaw.

Lifting its right arm out of the water, you notice it's holding onto a spear of some unknown material, which it plants butt-first into the sand. It seems to be both showing it off and using it for support. It then also gives an even more vicious, deep-throated alligator hiss-roar, showing off its teeth again.

Then it does something peculiar. It reaches near its waist, digs around for a moment, and produces what seems to be half an oyster, meat still inside. It then holds it out to you, teeth bared and very quietly growling.

Kothraze meandered. No plants, no alchemy...maybe should help Kemler...

Follow Kemler down to the shore and help him search the water!
[2] You don't find anything. Which is odd, because Kemler certainly seems to have found something.

Attempt to blast a small amount of energy outwards to blow back/stun/harm the lighting bugs.
[5] You conjure a minor gust of force, momentarily disrupting the light light bugs.

[3-1] vs [3] You evade their efforts to swarm you.

+2 Conjuration

Continue to explore my area.
[3] You don't notice much else. There's no animal life that you can discern, nor any immediate plants beyond the grass. It seems like the grassland, or at least this particular region of it, is pretty desolate.

Spoiler: Alexandros Daedlos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aether-Weaver Khan (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 2: Unorthodox Diplomacy]
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2011, 08:19:42 pm »

'Kemler izs in trouble, asszistance isz need..?"

Drzkktizz remembered an old cantrip he had learned from one of his teacher...something that could be used to utilize poison magic in water. They would be called 'nematocysts' in a latter day and age.

Action: Enchant one of my claws with contact poison! Help Kemler if he is being obviously attacked by wading in and slashing/poisoning.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2011, 08:40:23 pm »

"Not good, this."

Calmy run to shore in zigzags. Head towards Kothraze.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2011, 10:33:14 pm »

I'll kneel down, and slightly lower my head. Try and look passive, but not submissive. If any wrong move is made, blast that fish-thing with necrotic energy!...Or, at least something that I can cast without very many "Negative" modifiers.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2011, 10:52:59 pm »

I kind of don't feel like wasting an entire turn on this, since it's basically just communication and doesn't necessarily require a roll.

I'll kneel down, and slightly lower my head. Try and look passive, but not submissive. If any wrong move is made, blast that fish-thing with necrotic energy!...Or, at least something that I can cast without very many "Negative" modifiers.
The larger one growls slightly again, then supports itself on its other hand while it prods you with the butt of its spear.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2011, 11:07:57 pm »

Try again, my magic is pretty useless with that dark blot
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2011, 11:52:17 pm »

I kind of don't feel like wasting an entire turn on this, since it's basically just communication and doesn't necessarily require a roll.

The larger one growls slightly again, then supports itself on its other hand while it prods you with the butt of its spear.

Er, then...My turn's basically wasted? o_O. I didn't figure that it'd be a conversation, I thought he'd attack me. If it's not, Practice some Necromancy on him

If it is...Well, be back in a day or two :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2011, 04:31:33 am »

Er, then...My turn's basically wasted? o_O. I didn't figure that it'd be a conversation, I thought he'd attack me. If it's not, Practice some Necromancy on him

No, you can just take another action, like you've done here. Though this one's about as vague as you can get.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2011, 12:15:51 pm »

No, you can just take another action, like you've done here. Though this one's about as vague as you can get.

Ack. It should be obvious...Blast that sucker with whatever I can! I honestly don't know any spells...Do you have a spell table that you could run down for me? Is it a "Normal" spell list, with things like Necromantic Bolt and Gloom Blast or whatnot, or more "Exotic" spells such as BlackFoggyMistOfBloodBoiling?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2011, 04:54:13 pm »

Attempt to de-summon the light bugs, and failing that blast them back again and run for it.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2011, 05:25:35 pm »

Ack. It should be obvious...Blast that sucker with whatever I can! I honestly don't know any spells...Do you have a spell table that you could run down for me? Is it a "Normal" spell list, with things like Necromantic Bolt and Gloom Blast or whatnot, or more "Exotic" spells such as BlackFoggyMistOfBloodBoiling?
There's no explicit spell list, as spells are basically the codified form of anything you could do normally with the school, which is usually fairly open-ended. That's why "practice necromancy" isn't very specific.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2011, 05:30:36 pm »

There's no explicit spell list, as spells are basically the codified form of anything you could do normally with the school, which is usually fairly open-ended. That's why "practice necromancy" isn't very specific.

Right. My action will be: Accept the fish-man's offering, and dodge if he attacks.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2011, 06:07:42 pm »

Turn 3: Poke Poke

'Kemler izs in trouble, asszistance isz need..?"

Drzkktizz remembered an old cantrip he had learned from one of his teacher...something that could be used to utilize poison magic in water. They would be called 'nematocysts' in a latter day and age.

Action: Enchant one of my claws with contact poison! Help Kemler if he is being obviously attacked by wading in and slashing/poisoning.
[2] The spell fizzles, sliding off your claws and dissipating.

"Not good, this."

Calmy run to shore in zigzags. Head towards Kothraze.

[5-1] You make surprisingly good time, considering how hard it is to move through water.

[6] Whatever was poking you makes alarmingly good time, however, surrounding you in an instant. They don't actually impede your progress, but they do stab you a lot as you go.

[6+1] vs [5] They're quite well-coordinated, and give you several vicious jabs before you escape the water.

Emerging onto land, you're able to look behind you and see them likewise emerge. They're only about a foot or two high, and appear to be some sort of fish/frog-men/things with sickly green skin and small, crude spears. There's five of them, and they charge you again with a cry.

-2 HP

Try again, my magic is pretty useless with that dark blot
[2-1] vs [1] You somehow manage to surround the blot with wavering darkness. This somehow seems to suppress the blot for a bit, but then it jumps back.

+1 Light Magic

Attempt to de-summon the light bugs, and failing that blast them back again and run for it.
Realizing that de-summoning isn't really a specialty of Conjuration magic, you attempt to blast them.

[3] It's not very effective. [3] They're still a bit put off by it.

[1] vs [4] You stumble and scramble, followed by the vicious bugs. [3] vs [6] They fail to actually catch you, however.

+1 Conjuration

Right. My action will be: Accept the fish-man's offering, and dodge if he attacks.
You go forward, hand out, and the fish-man switches arms to hand it to you. The littler one gives another happy-sounding cry.

[2] They ignore the other goings-on of the beach. The bigger one pokes you again, then gestures to the ground nearby with the spear.

The Mountains and Forest will be there later. Continue walking down the Beach to the left
[3] You discover that you're quite good at learning potentially interesting but currently useless facts about places. For instance, you now know that the beach is mostly devoid of seashells or other signs of life, and that there's an outcropping of rocks far up ahead.

Spoiler: Alexandros Daedlos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aether-Weaver Khan (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Just now realized we're missing Spartan. I could have sworn I counted six actions.

Well, guess I'll just edit it in when he gets around to it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:08:33 pm by IronyOwl »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 3: Poke Poke]
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2011, 06:09:56 pm »

Blast wind from the ground up towards the bugs as I run, attempting to blow sand/rocks at them.
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 3: Poke Poke]
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2011, 06:13:49 pm »

'Hmm...muszt re-mem-ber, easy poizson szpell..

Approach the frogmen and shoot a smallish jet of close range poison at one.

OOC: Remember to put all our neg modifiers in the roll Ironyowl, or people will keep asking you 'Wheres my plus 1  ??? '
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41