Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48949 times)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 1: Let There Not Be Light]
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2011, 01:59:45 pm »

Kothraze meandered. No plants, no alchemy...where did Laz-ka-son go?

Follow Lazka down to the shore and try to keep him hurting the fish-creature if I can, and vice-versa.

OOC: Excuse me? I'm trying a diplomacy roll here, mate. Don't mess it up, please. I said "If it attacks me". I don't want to kill it, because we may need them as allies. I do like the idea of practicing dark magic on it though...

But, seriously, dude. Unless you're just playing nice and are actually coming down to extract poison from this fish's body, you should go be a nice guy...somewhere else. And even if it does attack me, I can handle it. I'll just rip the things spine out and turn said spine onto a type of...spiny skeleton.

Edit: IronyOwl, I CAN rip people's spines out and re-animate them, right?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:04:28 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2011, 03:00:17 pm »

OOC: One problem! You're not playing a single player game. We have to work together eventually. :P

Even if we end up ruining each others plans!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2011, 03:03:15 pm »

OOC: One problem! You're not playing a single player game. We have to work together eventually. :P

Even if we end up ruining each others plans!

OOC: And that's when I start making a living by flaying the carapace off of certain bugs. Seriously, my character doesn't work with others. You truly won't change you turn?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2011, 03:17:31 pm »

You'll just have to live with it, mate. At least your not triggering a 1d30 fire trap.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2011, 03:20:29 pm »

You'll just have to live with it, mate. At least your not triggering a 1d30 fire trap.

Hah, I read that part...Roll to Scroll, right? That 1 sucked pretty bad.

I don't really care what others say. If I need to, I'll just ambush them and annihilate them...That's who my character is.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2011, 03:29:15 pm »

OOC: 

@Dave: Trying to control others actions gets old pretty fast, and so do petty insults. Try not to make it a habit, please? I'm still trying to think of you as basically a good guy that's new to the forum.

Also, since you went to the trouble of threatening me, here you go. No help for you. :P

-Edited Action-

Kothraze meandered. No plants, no alchemy...maybe should help Kemler...

Follow Kemler down to the shore and help him search the water!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2011, 03:33:44 pm »

OOC: 

@Dave: Trying to control others actions gets old pretty fast, and so do petty insults. Try not to make it a habit, please? I'm still trying to think of you as basically a good guy that's new to the forum.

Also, since you went to the trouble of threatening me, here you go. No help for you. :P

-Edited Action-

Kothraze meandered. No plants, no alchemy...maybe should help Kemler...

Follow Kemler down to the shore and help him search the water!

*OOC:

Thanks! To be completely honest, IRL I'm a pretty nice person, usually. I made this character with a sole image: A dark and evil Necromancer, who loves nothing more than cutting people. Sorry if I had sounded demanding, but I really don't work well with others.

This character may be the complete opposite of who I am (Except for the nerdy aspect.) Didn't mean to offend, it's all in the spirit of who I'm playing as. And I've been on Bay12 for about a year, just lurked for most of it...

*Edit
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 03:36:35 pm by Dave1004 »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2011, 03:52:14 pm »

Attempt to blast a small amount of energy outwards to blow back/stun/harm the lighting bugs.

so... if i can't summon a small ball of light that will at least obey commands... how limited is conjuring?
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2011, 04:03:38 pm »

Ripping someone's spine out would be pretty difficult while they're still alive. Animating them probably wouldn't be (once it's out), since it'd presumably be a fairly small, simple undead.

so... if i can't summon a small ball of light that will at least obey commands... how limited is conjuring?
Pretty limited; it has to pay for its versatility somehow. It's better if you have a secondary school to support it (like light magic in the case of summoning light creatures), but there's a reason I described it as "difficult to use."

Also, just missing Spartan.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2011, 04:09:13 pm »

Ripping someone's spine out would be pretty difficult while they're still alive. Animating them probably wouldn't be (once it's out), since it'd presumably be a fairly small, simple undead.

This is absolutely delicious news. I was thinking, how versatile can Necromancy be? In a few games I've played (Mostly Rougelikes), Necromancers can do many things. Sure, the basics are things like blood curses and raising the dead, but most of the time they can alter their own body (Generally temporarily), such as turning into a lich and stuff.

Wouldn't I be able to turn, say, a hand into something else? Or turn the bones of my hand into a weapon (Of course, with major pain rolls...) Or is it just simple Necromancy? I was thinking (Not now, far too weak, but in the future...), wouldn't I be able to morph my hand into a bony talon, and slice people with it? I don't know, I just want to know what the limits are.

Also: Necromancy has ties with Conjuration, so would I be able to summon undead monsters, not only raise them back? Are there any limits to a raised creature? I don't mean the obvious, like raising some kind of dragon, but are the undead counterparts weaker than their living aspects? Can I sacrifice some of my own life (Or others) to aid in a ritual?

Yes, yes, so many questions. Sorry D:

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2011, 04:14:17 pm »

@Dave: The best part of playing RTD's is that you are only an RNG roll of 3-5 on a D6 away from actually doing any of those. Or more likely, you get a 1, 2 or 6 and die a hilarious and painful death.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2011, 04:15:46 pm »

Pretty limited; it has to pay for its versatility somehow. It's better if you have a secondary school to support it (like light magic in the case of summoning light creatures), but there's a reason I described it as "difficult to use."

So would say, summoning a small floating ball of static electricity would be easier then summon a ball of just plain light?
Nom nom nom

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2011, 04:24:50 pm »

@Dave: The best part of playing RTD's is that you are only an RNG roll of 3-5 on a D6 away from actually doing any of those. Or more likely, you get a 1, 2 or 6 and die a hilarious and painful death.

True, dat. And that's why you stack on modifiers for only one skill, and then break the game halfway through it! Glorious times, glorious times...Honestly though, 1d8>1d6 in my opinion.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2011, 04:39:23 pm »

Continue to explore my area.
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2011, 04:45:38 pm »

This is absolutely delicious news. I was thinking, how versatile can Necromancy be? In a few games I've played (Mostly Rougelikes), Necromancers can do many things. Sure, the basics are things like blood curses and raising the dead, but most of the time they can alter their own body (Generally temporarily), such as turning into a lich and stuff.
Necromancy in this game mostly covers raising the undead and inflicting nasty status ailments, including straight damage and lifestealing. It doesn't really cover curses as such (so making someone clumsy would have to involve crippling their legs or somesuch, not just a clumsiness curse).

It also doesn't really handle transformations, though in theory (and similar to raising undead) you could do unpleasant things to yourself or others in a way that was useful, like turning your hand into a skeletal claw that drains the life of those it touches. Obviously, most of these transformations wouldn't be temporary, or at least you couldn't expect it to "go back to normal" when the magic wore off.

Wouldn't I be able to turn, say, a hand into something else? Or turn the bones of my hand into a weapon (Of course, with major pain rolls...) Or is it just simple Necromancy? I was thinking (Not now, far too weak, but in the future...), wouldn't I be able to morph my hand into a bony talon, and slice people with it? I don't know, I just want to know what the limits are.
This would be more polymorphing magic or similar, for the most part. Or a combination of the two, of course.

Also: Necromancy has ties with Conjuration, so would I be able to summon undead monsters, not only raise them back? Are there any limits to a raised creature? I don't mean the obvious, like raising some kind of dragon, but are the undead counterparts weaker than their living aspects? Can I sacrifice some of my own life (Or others) to aid in a ritual?
Necromancy doesn't have any direct ties with Conjuration, so you'd need actual Conjuration skill (or something similar) to summon undead from nowhere.

Undead are generally limited by the skill of the spell used to raise them, their abilities in life, and the roll(s). So, they might be stronger, weaker, or the same as they were in life, depending on this and that. Potentially they can also be "prepared" in various ways (mummification, grafting, stitching different parts together), which can complicate things even further.

Blood sacrifice is likely in line with Necromancy, yes. It might depend on what you're doing, however- not all spells would necessarily take the "currency" Necromancy's got to offer.

Yes, yes, so many questions. Sorry D:
That's okay, I'm long-winded anyway.

So would say, summoning a small floating ball of static electricity would be easier then summon a ball of just plain light?
Considering that I can't see how that'd be useful in any way, probably so.

Also, ninja'd by Spartan. And here I am without time to roll the turn. D:
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41