Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48963 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 0: Introductions]
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2011, 04:38:06 am »

Also, do we get a bonus to spells if we ready them before a battle? Or do we have to memorize spells to cast them, a la D&D? Whichever it is, my action should apply to it. If not...We'll see.
Nope. You just declare what you want to do and do it. Well, try to do it. Sometimes that doesn't go so well. Magic is only limited by how lucky you are and how many modifiers you can pile on there. Your action really only makes sense as "if something appears I cast a spell at it" or similar.

Uh, also...Weren't we supposed to receive some free gear? I didn't say that my character had clothes. Am I some pale, creepy naked dude with two amulets?
Oh... right. I guess I should go update those. And I probably should have provided combat statuses, even though you don't need them yet.

EDIT: Mostly done now. The second post will contain more long-term status information, like equipment. A smaller, simpler status will go at the end of every turn, mainly tracking hit points and immediately relevant combat data.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:49:49 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2011, 07:00:36 am »

Jesus. I go to bed and when I wake up there's 4 new pages of dialogue!
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2011, 08:09:31 am »

@Spartan: I know, right!

((Still considering the specifics of poison magic and alchemical tools, Dwarmin. >_>))

Hmm, that's not a good sign...as for the tools, can we just give it a bonus to making harmful potions? Or even more specific, harmful potions from an organic source?

As for magic, it could be seperated into three 'schools'. Highest to lowest in order of what I'd want.

Multipurpose: Balanced of the two, allows defensive magic and utility use.

Annoying: Does not so much damage, but has lots of nasty status effects and stuns/slows.

Nuke: Does heavy damage over time and has some effects on contact.

--------------

Drzkktizz seemed a bit surprised (for a giant insect man) as the teleportation spell ended.

"Sztrange magiczs...intereszting..."

Then he began walking through the grass, looking for certain reagents that might grow here...maybe some Bewitchgrass or Blueroots...

He saw Maikah about to use an illumination spell, most likely.

"Drzkktizz thankzs you to szhine the light ov-er here?"

Action: Search the Grass for alchemic reagents.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 08:13:44 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2011, 11:07:57 am »

@IronyOwl: I changed my action accordingly, thank you.

Edit:But what the heck are the chances that you'd update during my short 5 hour sleep time >_>

Edit Edit: Are we missing anyone's actions?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:52:14 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2011, 07:10:37 pm »

Spartan and Kilakan. Also, get more sleep.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2011, 07:24:47 pm »

For every action I was ether at school or asleep. Could someone give me a run through on what's going on?
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2011, 07:25:18 pm »

Can't, Tourette's keeps me up all the time. Thought appreciated though!

Also, man...Why is there always at least one person who never has time to post a thirty-second action :/. Maybe I need to get out more...

@Spartan: Yay. I would, but I'm not too keen on the idea of more typing.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2011, 07:59:08 pm »

For every action I was ether at school or asleep. Could someone give me a run through on what's going on?
Mages yelled at each other a bunch.

The Orc Archeologist chose Water.

You went through a portal to a beach at night.

Also, you've been handed amulets that look a lot like crystal eyes, which will supposedly allow the mages to track your progress (you haven't put it on). Your group has also been given a green and blue device shaped something like a giant chess piece that will allow you to harness the essence of water-ish people acting water-y in order to make a magic gem out of it.

Good luck!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2011, 09:09:58 pm »

since I'm a tad lost, but I highly doubt this could harm me too much:
Attempt to conjure a somewhat sentient ball of light, and ask it to hover ahead of me.  Then search the area.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2011, 10:31:34 pm »

Turn 1: Let There Not Be Light

I don't think Spartan's going to be less lost until we get this started, so:

I'll start skulking around, in hopes of finding something magical.
[6] You find yourself face to face with some sort of dark greyish-green fish-man with luminescent white eyes, head just above the water. It's not moving, having noticed you at the same time you noticed it.

Cast a simple Illumination spell, with an added effect that I can dispel it with a moment's thought
[1-1] A creeping darkness springs forth from the fingers of your right hand. After a moment it stabilizes, and you find your hand partially enveloped by a clinging darkness whose tendrils wave slowly, like kelp underwater.

+1 Light Magic
Right Hand: Clinging Darkness, -1 to Light Magic

I look around the area for any structures. If none are found, head down to the beach.
There are indeed no structures.

[3] Your trip to the beach doesn't tell you much. You notice there's no large rocks visible, and the sand is fairly course. The sea itself continues to produce waves, and the wind keeps blowing in.

Action: Search the Grass for alchemic reagents.
[2] Alas, there doesn't seem to be anything. The grass itself is pretty much all that's there, and that doesn't seem very impressive.

since I'm a tad lost, but I highly doubt this could harm me too much:
Attempt to conjure a somewhat sentient ball of light, and ask it to hover ahead of me.  Then search the area.
[2-2] A swarm of living lights erupts from the ground, and begin viciously swarming you. They're a little smaller than a grape each, but they're numerous and "buzzing" angrily. It'd actually probably sound kind of harmonic were you not being assaulted by them.

[2] vs [1] You are only lightly stung.

+2 Conjuring
Under attack by light bug things

Quote from: SPARTAN MK.II
EXPLORE AREA
[3] You notice the grass doesn't seem trampled or eaten or cut by anything.

Spoiler: Alexandros Daedlos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aether-Weaver Khan (click to show/hide)

Well, this is off to a good start.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 1: Let There Not Be Light]
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2011, 10:35:30 pm »

"Well, we are looking for merpeople. Probably live underwater then...This might be idiotic, but why not?"

Strip and head into the water till water is at shoulder height.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2011, 11:23:14 pm »

Blast the darkness around my hand with light and why did i not get my apprentice bonus to the spell?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2011, 02:45:06 am »

You did, but it was canceled out by the level penalty (the ability to cancel it immediately was what pushed it over) and the don't-know-this-spell penalty pushed it to -1 total.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2011, 10:50:20 am »

I attempt to communicate with this fish-creature, being as calm and still as I can. No sudden moves, but if it seems that it may be a threat, I'll cast something powerful against it...Something that hurts, but won't kill it. We may need information...

@IronyOwl: Why do I feel like this is so...awesome? I mean, it reminds me of the Castlevania RTD...It just feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And no, I'm not buttering you up...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2011, 01:21:16 pm »

-Edited out, yeah!-
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 03:29:46 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41