Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48755 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]
« Reply #585 on: February 15, 2012, 08:11:11 am »

OOC: Well, everyone is suffering debuffs...

On a d6, debuffs are pretty extreme. Plus the damage. Plus stacking and refreshing for multiple turns, and probably it will just keep stacking with every melee attack. Most of us will die to attrition, even if we do get away.
Higher penalties are for more severe damage rolls, not getting hit multiple times in a row. Plus, several of you have decent-ish defensive skills and/or are a good roll away from boosting them mid-combat, whereas the nautili lack an offensive bonus beyond the slime debuff.

I'm pretty much pinning my hopes on Ochita to somehow remove it all with water magic. Oh, but he's being debuffed too. Cue crit fail.
To be fair, he's kind of been walking around with a serious but not imminent wound for quite a while. I do think I mentioned several turns in advance that it was still a problem.

You couldn't have done 'screw you guys and die' any better way.

As for nuances...

I see *everyone* lost 20-40% HP last round. And we didn't even kill a single enemy.
You did kill one, and you wounded several more. They just happen to be enemies who have more members than can fit in combat right now anyway.

On that note, everyone lost HP because everyone's crowding around the chokepoint, which kind of defeats a lot of its purpose against these enemies. It's not a coincidence that everyone who attacks the nautili gets attacked by a new one slithering in, yet nobody's getting attacked by more than one and none are trying to slip all the way through.

Also, bad rolls. Even with debuffs, it seems unlikely everyone will lose every defensive roll or bungle every spell every round.

My 'slave' should already be attacking. Didn't I order her initiative up to full?
She's unarmed and not a caster. And also not very motivated to help out, though the looming threat of death would obviously fix that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 15, 2012, 08:16:59 am »

Good job convincing yourself of things Ironyowl.

Are we supposed to hope the Nautilus won't attack us if we don't attack them?

Good idea! Everyone stop attacking the Nautilus, adjust your actions. If they want to kill us as well, we can't do anything about it, right?

So concentrate on the big fish, or remove the slime on you first.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 15, 2012, 08:27:12 am »

OOC: I doubt it'll help. There's a limitless amount of nautilus and a 'multitude of red stones' from which giant fish grow in seconds. :\ But I'll change my action anyway.

Athara notices Maikah being attacked by a giant fish and moves to help her, instead.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 15, 2012, 08:31:29 am »

::)

Well I thought it was fairly clear that they were cowardly skirmishers.

They're not actually limitless, though.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 15, 2012, 08:47:04 am »

((Shifting mine too, intuition tells me I need to make use of everything else, not just melee  :P ))

Wipe off that slime! Defend Maikah by attacking the bigger fish!

The nautilus was really annoying, but the sound behind Fenarel cause him to turn about, just in time to see the Kitsune and it's aggresor.

Just in time, he hoped.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 15, 2012, 08:52:42 am »

You're going to leave me to face off against several enemies with half HP?

Goddammit guys, are you kidding me.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 15, 2012, 08:54:46 am »

((Wait, who is at the door again?))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 15, 2012, 08:59:05 am »

Me, you, and SC I believe.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 15, 2012, 09:04:47 am »

@Tarran: I don't think the Nautis will actually try to attack you, if you don't attack them. Does it matter? If they want to attack us, we'll die. We can't retaliate against them in any way.

So get the goo off and ignore them.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 15, 2012, 04:10:08 pm »

...I have no idea where you got that idea because I have a thick skull but if you say so. I take no responsibility for your death.

Turn around and run into a corner. Wipe the goo off.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 15, 2012, 04:17:41 pm »

Try to force the slime away from us, by pushing the water behind us in the direction we are facing.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 15, 2012, 08:49:55 pm »

The nautili are indeed hostile, they just won't risk trying to attack someone who isn't at the door (ie attacking them) while it's guarded or bunch up enough to attack the same person (at the door) multiple times.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 21, 2012, 08:06:00 pm »

Bump.

Yes I'm being hypocritical but...

*Shifty eyes*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 24, 2012, 10:05:34 pm »

Okay, so this has been languishing long enough. Trouble is, I'm kind of on the fence about continuing it.

Nautili issues aside, I don't really like the way I've set it up. I like the mechanics, but it really seems like nobody knows or cares what's going on. I'm tempted to just drop it and possibly restart with a more transparent, open-ended world/setup with obvious but optional "main" quest lines.

Opinions?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 24, 2012, 10:13:35 pm »

Well, the mages didn't actually tell us what we doing this for. I was doing it more for my character than the story line, since there's no goal in concrete

And, were all going to die anyway due to my spell fail. It's hard to care when you cause the disaster that destroys everyone having fun in the game. >_>

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41