Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48760 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 23: Slime and Time]
« Reply #555 on: February 11, 2012, 05:55:05 pm »

Try to find something to stab with the spear
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 13, 2012, 08:44:38 pm »

Pokin' Dwarmin.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 15, 2012, 03:52:29 am »

Oops >_>

Action: Send more poison clouds at the shapes!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 04:29:34 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 15, 2012, 03:54:24 am »

NO! Don't do that Dwarmin! The stuff just slides off of them and onto us melee fighters!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 15, 2012, 04:01:59 am »

Well if we're fighting a bunch of poison immune undead Drkk is tactically useless. >_>

I'm hoping the tentacles are part of something I can actually hurt.

Does anyone have a better suggestion for my turn?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 15, 2012, 04:05:02 am »

Mess with those shapes behind us. I think they're like the ones that spawned these tentacle things.

Also, your character would be one of the least used classes if there was ever a game with it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 15, 2012, 04:13:39 am »

The shapes are in the glowing pit, I am messing with them. :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 15, 2012, 04:17:17 am »

...Oh.

...Stop it with your facepalming, it's not easy being the goddamn earth. >:(

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 15, 2012, 04:28:12 am »

The shapes are around the pit, not in it. You can't see what's in the pit, other than some sort of light source.

Also, the toxic sludge you applied to the bad guys was half Ochita's doing; specifically, the thick, sludgy aspect of it.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 15, 2012, 04:29:50 am »

Well, I edited my turn to try and do something to the shapes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 15, 2012, 06:34:22 am »

Turn 24: Poison and Pain

Athara gritted her teeth and moved to strike back at the grappling Nautilius!
[2+1] vs [2+2] You swing at it again, but the blow goes wide again.

Despite being uninjured, the nautilus releases its grip and darts out the doorway. Another slips in to take its place, however.

[4] vs [3] This one latches on almost identically to the last, gripping your offhand painfully.

-1 HP
+1 Swords
+1 Dodge

Fenarel saw the incoming enemy take hold of his ally, he helps Athara by bringing down the edge of his glaive on the creature.
[6+2] vs [2+2] You bring down your glaive on the creature with a loud crack, cutting through the edge of its shell and much of the flesh beneath.

[4] vs [1-1] Another nautilus takes the opportunity to slither in and lash at you, grabbing your knees and clenching painfully. You nearly lose your balance, and feel the slime's effects take hold as well.

-4 HP
+2 Spears
+1 Dodge
Now Slimed

"Aaa! Drzkktizz! What did you do?! Someone deal with those shapes behind us, quick!"

Using my sword stuck inside the tentacle thing, pick it up off the ground with only my sword and throw it into the shapes.
[3+2-1] vs [6+2] Despite your best efforts, the tentacle thing slithers off your sword and darts back through the doorway. Another rushes in to take its place.

[4] vs [2-1] It latches onto your arms, constricting and resliming you.

-3 HP
+2 Swords
+1 Dodge
Now Dabbling Dodger
Slimed again

Slice with my sword.
[Athara][6+1] vs [3+2] The fine steel of your blade cuts through the thing attacking Athara, and it falls off, dead and rather brutalized.

[5] vs [1-1] Unfortunately, another one slithers in when it notices you near the doorway, and promptly latches onto your face, squeezing the life out of your throat. Your vision blurs, not that you can see much with it attached anyway.

Oh, and that slime you helped create gets all over you as well.

[2] You double over as your petrified wound begins acting up again. This is really not the time!

-5 HP
+3 Swords
+1 Dodge
Now Slimed
In Pain: -1 to all actions

Try to find something to stab with the spear
[6] Not trusting yourself to jab into a melee involving your companions, you instead rush towards the pit. Which ends in you tripping over the stone lip of it and landing inside.

The first thing you notice is that it's fortunately not that deep- a foot or two at best, you think. The second thing is that it's glowing with a dull reddish light. The third is what at first appears to be a multitude of red stones in the bottom.

The fourth thing you notice is the giant, hideous fish rapidly growing from one of the stones. Oh, they must be eggs. Also, is this thing really that big or are your eyes really bad?

[2+1-2] vs [3] Your spear goes wide. Hm, maybe it's not as large as you thought.

[2+3] vs [5-2] Then its needle-teeth sink into your arm. At this range, even in your half-blind state, it seems pretty obvious that this thing is far too big.

-2 HP
+1 Spears
+7 Dodge
Now Novice Dodger

Action: Send more poison clouds at the shapes!
[1+2-2-1] Poison begins wafting off your carapace, agonizingly corroding it and fouling the water around you. It doesn't seem to be stopping on its own.

-2 HP
+1 Poison Magic
Suffering from Corroding Poison

The twisting shapes continue their frantic motions, and a great, reddish-skinned fish rises from the pit as the kitsune stumbles into it. She quickly rises and stabs futilely at it, then makes an impressive dodge attempt against the thing's oversized jaws filled with horrifying needle-like teeth. You suspect this is bad.

Spoiler: Athara Opanine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]
« Reply #566 on: February 15, 2012, 06:39:07 am »

Athara, now free, attempted to help Fenarel and slashed at the nautilus holding on to him!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:27:54 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 15, 2012, 06:42:06 am »

Fenarel grit his teeth as the nautilus took hold, this didn't look good as he glanced sideways at his allies, not noticing the danger behind him. At least they weren't that overwhelmed thanks to the plan.

"We're surrounded!"

Using the momentum of the previous attack, bash in that leech using the haft of my Glaive! If it dies, help out my comrades by warding off their attackers.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:45:59 am by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 15, 2012, 06:44:12 am »

If dead, help out my comrades by warding off their attackers.
Your offer to protect them from beyond the grave is noble. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 15, 2012, 06:45:41 am »

I really love my typing skills. Edited for clarification  ::)
My character just has to get caught up in the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41