Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48783 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 20: Exploration]
« Reply #480 on: January 15, 2012, 10:37:07 pm »

Action: Prepare to lob a ranged glob of poison at it!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 17, 2012, 07:33:24 pm »

Crawl up the stiars
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 20, 2012, 03:47:36 am »

Poke. Everyone's posted, you can (have to) stop delaying. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 20, 2012, 04:24:16 pm »

Been busy! Also have other things to deal with.

But yes, turn should be... soon-ish.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 23, 2012, 06:49:39 pm »

Turn 21: Ineffective

"Ow.. This is surprisingly more painful than last time..."

See if wolfchild can't undo this petrification, as he's presumably with us. And I'll try a bit of water magic on the ruins themselves.
[6+2-1-1] You focus a bit of water magic on the structure itself. The result is a resounding, forceful hum. Glancing around, the others don't seem to have noticed it; perhaps due to your skill at water magic or the fact that you initiated it.

You get the feeling you're not the only creature that noticed, though. In fact, you get the sinking suspicion that anything attuned to the temple itself, as opposed to simply inhabiting it, might have felt that.

+2 Water

"Interesting place, this is. Never knew plants, or anything rather could grow underwater.

"Now to only find my allies."

Enter the temple, examining the surroundings on the way. Also, if possible, test my magic on those plants nearby, if it works.
[1+1-1-1] The plants rot away immediately, releasing a foul-looking stream of decay into the water. [5] You duck away from it as it rises and dissipates.

+1 Nature

"I say lop it off first. Unless the enemy is known or rumored to be superior, it is always a good thing to test it."

Wait for crabby to stick a claw in, then lop it off.
[6-2] vs [5] The claw snaps down near you nose, but not near enough.

[2+2] vs [6+3] You bring your sword down on its extended claw, which feels a lot like bringing a stick down on a brick wall.

+1 Swords

If he fails to lop it off, try to finish the job, but otherwise don't interfere; we don't need our swords to get tangled up or something.
[3-1] vs [1+3] You bring your executioner's blade down with a heavy thud. It doesn't seem to notice, but it's a very instructional experience.

+5 Swords

Now Dabbling Swordelf
Now Novice Swordelf

Action: Prepare to lob a ranged glob of poison at it!
[5+2-1] vs [1+3] You lob a poison dart at the claw, which sinks in despite the beast's heavy shell.

+4 Poison

Crawl up the stiars
[1-3] You successfully crawl up the stairs, and decide to look around a bit while you're there. You nearly jump out of your skin in horror before realizing that terrifying shape is just some seaweed.

Unfortunately, you only notice two humanoid blurs in the inside of the temple. Apparently most of your allies have either moved somewhere else, or are standing somewhere you can't see them. Admittedly, the second one wouldn't be hard to pull off.

Spoiler: Athara Opanine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the excessive delay. I should get closer to back on schedule soon.

Also, I'm instituting some new rules on experience gain, assuming I actually remember to apply them.

Specifically, you get -1 to experience gain if you're in a relatively safe situation or area. The doorway here is a good example- it's not completely safe, but it's obviously a much lower-risk situation than normal combat. For the moment.

You get -2 to experience gain if you're in an almost completely safe situation or area. Standing on a tall tower, lobbing spells down at warriors below would be a good example- there's a chance for something to go wrong, but for the most part you're not really in much danger. If the forces below had a lot of archers or mages themselves, it might shift into a -1 situation.

You don't get exp gain for actions in completely safe or nonthreatening situations. This was always intended, but probably hasn't really been applied very consistently. Casting fire spells at a rock is a good example- you can backfire and burn yourself, but otherwise nothing can go wrong, and even if you do there's no problem with dropping everything else to deal with it.

Certain actions, notably healing and crafting, still apply this rule in spirit but behave a bit differently, either because the action is innately risky or always noncombat. Stabilizing a dying comrade has some obvious problems associated with failure, for instance, while crafting an item means wagering the materials used on it.

In other news, I currently hate how spells work and am considering alternatives.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 21: Ineffective]
« Reply #485 on: January 23, 2012, 08:15:44 pm »

"Uh, wow, that's some thick armor. This is the kind of enemy that I would personally run away very fast from. You two feel like running or you wanna take chances with magic?"
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 23, 2012, 08:17:29 pm »

"No... I'm good with running... Ladies first!" And with that, Athara was off and going back downstairs.

Retreat back the way we came!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 23, 2012, 08:19:52 pm »

"Right. Well, see 'ya crabby. I'd like to stay and chat and all, buuuuut..."

Bravely run away.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 23, 2012, 08:21:45 pm »

"Yes, let poison do it's work..."

Scuttle away thusly!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 23, 2012, 09:52:18 pm »

Mini-Turn!

The trio flees swiftly the way they came, leaving the crab pawing fruitlessly through the doorway. They manage to make it back to where they were without incident.

Oddly enough, the three of you still feel uneasy. Maybe it hasn't given up?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 23, 2012, 09:56:15 pm »

Try to...sense any tracks or marks that show any presence of my allies. Find them.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 23, 2012, 09:56:54 pm »

"You know, that elemental thing that summoned the crab might have followed us," Athara noted to Ross and Kothraze, pulling out her weapon again. "Any objections to waiting in ambush?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 23, 2012, 10:01:00 pm »

Mini-Turn!

Try to...sense any tracks or marks that show any presence of my allies. Find them.
You know you saw them enter the temple, and that means there's only one place they could have gone.

Unfortunately, looking down the hole that's more like a hundred and one places. In addition to the hole the whirlpool leads to, there's myriad exposed rooms around the hole in the middle, and most of them have exits. They could have gone into any one of these rooms and from there anywhere, or they could have jumped straight into the whirlpool.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 23, 2012, 10:18:40 pm »

"Now this is quite the predicament. Didn't I have anything to contact them with?"

Contact them if possible, search their position. If not, jump in that whirlpool.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 23, 2012, 11:08:20 pm »

"You know, that elemental thing that summoned the crab might have followed us," Athara noted to Ross and Kothraze, pulling out her weapon again. "Any objections to waiting in ambush?"
"Certainly not an honorable thing to do, but I have no objections."
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41