Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48830 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 15: Tension]
« Reply #300 on: January 01, 2012, 12:29:05 pm »

The bug man clattered in contemplation. He was waiting till the Empress turned away so he could talk without being overheard...as she turned to berate one of her frog guards for falling asleep on duty, he spoke again.

"Funny, Yezs? Aellarzs live up high, Mantiz live down low-but when...we meet on even ground for forage, we szometimes fight. Like...right now.

Alzso, of course Emprezss will uzse uzs. And then kill, in Aellar cazse, or enzslave-in Drzkktizz cazse.

Szo we will uzse her, Aellar-and be very careful."

Drzkktizz shrugged. He had noticed the Aellar was protective of her wings.

"Also, not worry about wingzs much longer, I think.

Emprezss may uzse szhape-change magic...to make uzs more szuitable for water travel.

Hazs Aellar ever been szhape changed? Drzkktizz and Mantiz Clan use it-szomtimes to blending in with other racezs for trading, other timezs for working."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 01, 2012, 12:41:48 pm »

"If she even tries it, I'll kill her then and there." Her fingers tightened momentarily on the hilt of her sword.

(EDIT: Forgot to post an action.)

Wait and watch the Empress. If she tries shapeshifting magic on me, use a wind spell to harm/distract as an opening attack and then engage with melee. If she doesn't, don't attack.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 01:29:56 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 01, 2012, 01:22:44 pm »

((@SC: If we don't find a way into the ocean, we're going to be stuck on this beach forever until plot happens. That's why I'm trying diplomacy with the sea witch.  >_>

Will Drzkktizz be able to convince Athara to not attack her right now, or will that pretty much happen no matter what? I'm fine either way if it's IC, but I'd like to know if further RP is needed.

At least, maybe you can modify your actions to specify attacking is she uses shapeshifting magic on *you*. At least an Aellar like you are can fly over the ocean, so maybe you can choose a different path than us?))

Drzkktizz was worried. He knew tenseness in Humanoids-it made them look like they were about explode.

"Aellar? If not wanting szhape change...may-be not being around?

Use wingzs to fly over ocean...and szearch for merperszons, perhapzs?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 01, 2012, 01:29:01 pm »

((@SC: If we don't find a way into the ocean, we're going to be stuck on this beach forever until plot happens. That's why I'm trying diplomacy with the sea witch.  >_>

Will Drzkktizz be able to convince Athara to not attack her right now, or will that pretty much happen no matter what? I'm fine either way if it's IC, but I'd like to know if further RP is needed.

At least, maybe you can modify your actions to specify attacking is she uses shapeshifting magic on *you*. At least an Aellar like you are can fly over the ocean, so maybe you can choose a different path than us?))

(Well, it's implied that's for if she tries it on Athara, but I suppose I should note that. As for her attacking, unless something else comes up that causes her to get distracted and forget about it, then yeah, sooner or later she's coming after the Empress. Right now she's not doing so yet just to see what she's going to do about our ability to breathe underwater; that's why I specified shape-shifting magic. If it was something like, to use a relatively recent literary example, gilliweed (sic?), then she wouldn't care.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 01, 2012, 06:12:12 pm »

Mikayah blasts the shark with another flare, while shouting at her ally to just leave the water
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 02, 2012, 07:22:55 pm »

With Dave1004's unfortunate banning, it seems adwarf will be joining us shortly. Also, I really need to run the turn and update the waitinglist. Especially because if all goes according to plan micelus will be out in a moment also, and then... Tarran, I think, will be in as well. I'll have to check.

EDIT: Found them. Really should have edited these into the waitlist when I had the chance, but oh well.

So, Tarran the half-dragon swordsman/fire mage is in, and Tiruin the elven spearman/nature mage should be the only one on the waiting list.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:40:56 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 02, 2012, 08:09:18 pm »

Name: Lituh Zangler, Traveling Blade
Caste: Male, Elf, 19
Major:  Apprentice Swordsman.
Minor: Novice Restoration
Equipment: Elven Longsword
Bio: Blonde shoulder length hair, Green Eyes, Sharp Facial Features, 6 Ft, Well Built

Tribe: Lituh's Tribe, The Moon's Sway, was largely made up of swordsman, and highly skilled craftsman. They survived mainly by selling their services to other tribes for food, money, and other goods that they could not get enough of on their own. The entire tribe worked with each other daily, and most people knew all the others name, as it was a small tribe. But they were strong, and iron willed which gave them the ability to survive in the darkest of times.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 02, 2012, 08:12:07 pm »

Alright, and because I'd like to avoid not figuring out your item for ten turns like I did with everyone else, is there anything in particular you'd want for your elven longsword's bonus?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 02, 2012, 08:14:29 pm »

Alright, and because I'd like to avoid not figuring out your item for ten turns like I did with everyone else, is there anything in particular you'd want for your elven longsword's bonus?
For it to act as both short range, and long range weapon (Can produce a blade of magic to attack)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 02, 2012, 08:15:46 pm »

Hm... I'll think about that.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 02, 2012, 08:34:37 pm »

So... your post is confusing. Am I getting in next turn or *soon*?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 02, 2012, 09:01:10 pm »

Depends on whether or not Jaws gets micelus, I think.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 02, 2012, 09:10:31 pm »

Serious is correct. Statistically, that'll be next turn, but you never know.

...though, if he's openly committing suicide I may as well just throw you in now and autonom/vanish micelus regardless of the official role.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 02, 2012, 09:47:29 pm »

{Waiting list was:

SeriousConcentrate
>adwarf(?)>Tarran(?)>Tiruin}

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 03, 2012, 06:25:02 am »

Turn 16: Shark's Teeth

Not dead yet? Same old same old. Stab and finally die.

Dwarmin? You better make something out of my corpse.
[1+2] vs [5+1] Your flailings don't manage to harm the shark, despite your best efforts.

[1+3] vs [2+1] The shark just barely manages to catch you with the side of its jaw. That's enough, though, and you sink under the frothing water along with it.

-1 HP
At 0 HP
+2 Dodge
Now Apprentice Dodger
Lost will to live!

Take a breather, and try not to aggravate my condition.
[2] You don't quite take it easy enough, and feel another sharp pain. This being nearly dead thing is a real bother.

I'll take the frog-men with me, and go back to the Mer-people. If I forgot something, a la didn't kill everybody, override the first action and replace it with "Hunt down the survivors".

And man, some of these guys are unlucky! Whoa.
[3] You receive a halfhearted welcome from the mer-people on your return. Whether this has anything to do with your mysterious disappearance or not is difficult to say.

Vanished in the deeps!

Action:Try to help Ochita heal up while we're waiting for the Empress to cast her spell.
[3-1] You fail to improve Ochita's condition. You do learn a bit more about trying to make people not die, though.

+2 Medic
Now Dabbling Medic

Wait and watch the Empress. If she tries shapeshifting magic on me, use a wind spell to harm/distract as an opening attack and then engage with melee. If she doesn't, don't attack.
Her magic does not seem to be shapechanging in nature; rather, it seems to imbue you with the essence of something else, without altering your physical form.

Mikayah blasts the shark with another flare, while shouting at her ally to just leave the water
[1-1-1] Your flare explodes spectacularly, searing your eyes with brilliance. The light doesn't fade, and after a few moments you realize you're blind!

+2 Light Magic
Now Adept Luxmauturgist
Blind!

Quote from: adwarf
Appear!
Quote from: Tarran
Appear!
You stumble through the portal in time to see a towering purple humanoid with a serpent's lower half casting spells near a mantisman, foxgirl, angry-looking winged elf, and human who's barely sitting upright. Foot-high humanoid frog-things mill around excitedly.

Yeah, you can see why the mages wanted more help.

[6-1][2][1] The Empress casts the shark teeth from her hands, and they evaporate into wispy smoke before hitting the ground. You all feel as though water is pumping through your throat, and you realize you can breath underwater now. Her second attempt fails, while her third makes you feel feeble and awkward in the water. Growling in anger, she simply motions you all to the water.

[6] A handful of sharkteeth later, a spectral horn blows, and a swarm of sharks responds. She orders you to grab onto them, before swimming away herself. A cluster of sharks presses against her, speeding her along.

The frogmen gleefully grab hold of sharks, which then bolt in the direction of the Empress. What about you?

Spoiler: Ochita the Scholar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Athara Opanine (click to show/hide)

Let me know if I messed anything up.

Also, there's presumably only two actions you can take right now: Get on a shark or don't. Once we know what everyone's doing, I'll explain what happens and you can take your actual actions.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41