Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we use generic currency, or unique currencies?

I think we should use generic currency.
- 0 (0%)
I think we should use original currencies the way Araph listed them.
- 4 (80%)
I think we should use original currencies, but with a conversion rate of 100:10:1
- 1 (20%)
I think we should use original currencies, but with a simpler conversion rate (post your ideas if you chose this).
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Super Happy Tabletop RPG: The Trials of Testing (Warning: Misleading Name)  (Read 17787 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Super Happy Tabletop RPG: The Trials of Testing (Warning: Misleading Name)
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2011, 11:45:33 pm »

Would my version of the fallen work if they possessed dead people, and then changed form (I'll draw a picture)?
Sorry, but possession won't work in this campaign. What was supposed to be a big difference between this and DnD is that divine forces aren't very active; oh, they may nudge a bit here and there, but they don't give out magic, they don't appear to people, and they (for the characters) aren't even there for certain. Maybe in supplemental or homebrewed rules they'll be there, but not now.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2011, 11:52:26 pm »

I didn't edit this in fast enough:
EDIT: I won't draw a picture right now, but they don't look human. The face is longer, noseless(?), and there are horns. I might change the look even more.

You know... they can just be a race unto themselves if possession is out of the question.

Yep. I'm thinking they can be a race of humanoid descendants of demons. I think this might work better mechanically as well.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2011, 11:54:05 pm »

I didn't edit this in fast enough:
EDIT: I won't draw a picture right now, but they don't look human. The face is longer, noseless(?), and there are horns. I might change the look even more.

You know... they can just be a race unto themselves if possession is out of the question.

Yep. I'm thinking they can be a race of humanoid descendants of demons. I think this might work better mechanically as well.
I'd honestly prefer not to have demon type characters in the setting, it's just a personal preference of mine. I prefer not to have races that will generally be the evil characters (or a race thats generally considered the "good guys" for the matter.).

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2011, 12:03:10 am »

Maybe not demon descendants, but still horned and long faced. I'm thinking of something along the a mix between a Wilden and a Killoren only less naturey. So it has that somewhat evil look, but not obviously evil just by looking at them.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2011, 12:06:38 am »

About the demon race, my idea was to have it not really be associated with the underworld. Hundreds of years ago, in the Ages of Myth, divine powers were more active, yadda yadda yadda; devil lord guy really gets around, lots of half-hims make lots of quarter-hims, and so on. Now, hundreds of years later, the past is shrouded in myth (hence the name of the Ages) and a race of vaguely devilish guys and gals are just as normal as humans and elves. People don't really believe the "tall tales" about the people's origin, so they (eventually) are accepted into society. That little drop of demonic blood in them doesn't affect their temperament, but it does make them have distinctive differences from humans. That's my take on the matter unless something (that seems) better (to me) comes up.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2011, 12:30:59 am »

I like the idea, but I wasn't talking small horns, or a slightly narrower face. I wasn't thinking of a tiefling so much as something a bit more different. I'd be aiming at something more like the Wilden now. Creepy in their own right, but not evil. It doesn't even have to have anything to do with demons anymore. I will be drawing this one out since I really want this race to happen (besides, I can use it for another project while I'm at it).

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2011, 01:10:08 am »

For some reason that looks like a cross between Na'vi and Qunari to me. I know it's a based on a goat (I've dealt with them before, they're annoying) but that was the first thing I thought. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2011, 01:57:55 am »

Is there any knid of Improvised weapon skill? Like a how to guide on beating people with a candle stick?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2011, 02:51:54 am »

I love playing evil, or at least ruthless, amoral types of characters. :D
Pretty much I prefer to either go full on paladin, 'striketh them down in the name of Good' sorts, ruthless, money and power-oriented characters, or eccentric/flamboyant, possibly cruel villains.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2011, 11:42:52 am »

@Araph: The code of honor I have in mind is a combination of bushido, chivalry and common sense. Not as absolute as a DnD paladin though.

@Monkey: Most of the Pen and paper games I've played just tell you to find the most similar regular weapons skill and just give some negatives to wielding it. Most things can basically be used as mace for example.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2011, 12:11:05 pm »

Well, I had a very different idea for back lore, although it removes elves, Dwarves, and many other fantasy races from the picture. (Which may be a good thing, considering how over used they are.)

I had the idea that there are only Humans, but many of them had mutations occur upon them. Why is still unknown in my head, as this is still an idea. But the mutations werent just horns and deamon things. Wings, eyes, and other body parts were added or changed, including the mind, in some cases. Obviously, the ''Pure'' Humans thought these mutations were deamonic, hence the name ''Demons.''
Pretty much I prefer to either go full on paladin, 'striketh them down in the name of Good' sorts, ruthless, money and power-oriented characters, or eccentric/flamboyant, possibly cruel villains.
Sad, because I find those kind of characters extremely boring.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:17:18 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2011, 12:28:20 pm »

That could still work if Araph wants to use it, assuming some mutations were extremely common and resulted in the races known as Elves and Dwarves and whatnot.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2011, 12:28:37 pm »

Well, I had a very different idea for back lore, although it removes elves, Dwarves, and many other fantasy races from the picture. (Which may be a good thing, considering how over used they are.)

I had the idea that there are only Humans, but many of them had mutations occur upon them. Why is still unknown in my head, as this is still an idea. But the mutations werent just horns and deamon things. Wings, eyes, and other body parts were added or changed, including the mind, in some cases. Obviously, the ''Pure'' Humans thought these mutations were deamonic, hence the name ''Demons.''
Sad, because I find those kind of characters extremely boring.

I haven't entirely fleshed out the world, but I'm either not having fantasy races at all or I'm having them all separate. I'm definitely not having them be variations on humans.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2011, 03:17:24 pm »

I hope you decide to have fantasy races, even if this is just a trial run. Races add so much more flavor to the world. Here is a sketched out version of what I had in mind for my race:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's still horned, but it doesn't quite look evil.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2011, 03:48:53 pm »

Don't worry Araph, I am not saying that their will be a huge number of random radiated Humans. What I am planning is closer to what Serious said. There are mostly 5 different "mutations" (which is a terrible word to discribe it, now that I think about it), with only a small ten percent of the human race being the horrible mix-match that you are all likley thinking. I'll go into more detail once I am atmy computer, seeing as this phone is a dick to just type all of this, let alone a textwall :P.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16