Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we use generic currency, or unique currencies?

I think we should use generic currency.
- 0 (0%)
I think we should use original currencies the way Araph listed them.
- 4 (80%)
I think we should use original currencies, but with a conversion rate of 100:10:1
- 1 (20%)
I think we should use original currencies, but with a simpler conversion rate (post your ideas if you chose this).
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Super Happy Tabletop RPG: The Trials of Testing (Warning: Misleading Name)  (Read 17766 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Super Happy Tabletop RPG: The Trials of Testing (Warning: Misleading Name)
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2011, 05:10:20 pm »

Well, tell me, when did you come up with this? After or before I told you that I was going to do some lore? Hmmm?
Well, no offense John. But he is the GM.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2011, 05:17:35 pm »

Well, tell me, when did you come up with this? After or before I told you that I was going to do some lore? Hmmm?
Before, actually. I've been working on this far longer than you might think, and I added in the church-militant group because I thought you had a good idea. That's why I noted that I changed the name, while nothing else said anything like that. Do you seriously think I just took what you said and morphed it into that to make it seem like I had already been working on the world?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2011, 11:55:17 pm »

Since you want to start this fairly soon I'll post what I've written so far. It's short, and I blame Skyrim. :P It is a bit scattered and all over the place, but it'll get my idea across. Let me know if I should add anything else before you start reworking it. I was hesitant to add religion to this without knowing what you really wanted.

Spoiler: The Zi'Ori (click to show/hide)

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2011, 08:02:48 am »

The Order of "Irydeu" seems like a strench of a name change. Why did it have to occur?

But it does put me way the hell down. I was really hoping that I would be able to use the lore I spent a week makng.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2011, 03:12:18 pm »

Why did it have to occur?

Because Puritans are an actual religious group and the name generation code for greater divinities is vv<s|CV>.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2011, 03:16:20 pm »

... What? What does that have to do with anything?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 04, 2011, 03:20:23 pm »

A: He's not using actual religious groups in his lore.
B: He's using this generator for naming deities and that's the one he chose.
C: Finally, this is the game he's making, dude. Everything is up to him. If he rejects your suggestions, just write it down somewhere and use it yourself. No harm done.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2011, 03:28:08 pm »

A: He's not using actual religious groups in his lore.
B: He's using this generator for naming deities and that's the one he chose.
C: Finally, this is the game he's making, dude. Everything is up to him. If he rejects your suggestions, just write it down somewhere and use it yourself. No harm done.
Well put.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2011, 03:45:56 pm »

Just because they have the same the Name of a Religous group, does not mean they are the same. They named themselves Puritan was because the group thought they were Pure. Durr.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2011, 03:55:11 pm »

Just because they have the same the Name of a Religous group, does not mean they are the same. They named themselves Puritan was because the group thought they were Pure. Durr.
You're right. They aren't the same. However, I'm not going to use the name of an actual organization in the game.

Also, the 'Durr' is unnecessary; I already understood what you posted. Not only is it rude, it doesn't even help persuade me to use your ideas.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2011, 04:24:24 pm »

Unless they speak English in this alternate universe, I doubt the etymology matters; it can be called anything.

Araph: this is your project. Don't feel obligated to rewrite parts of the setting just to accommodate our suggestions, take what you want and leave the rest.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2011, 06:24:06 pm »

Araph: this is your project. Don't feel obligated to rewrite parts of the setting just to accommodate our suggestions, take what you want and leave the rest.
Thanks.

The Fool, I'm placing the Zi'Ori as nomadic tribes in the south-eastern deserts. I thought it'd fit well enough with both the race's culture and their place in the game world.

As for the other races, those are the main ones; I considered putting orcs or gnomes in, but the deserts are already taken and gnomes didn't even start with a potential area. So, this is how it's gonna go. The central plains are human-owned, the northern areas are technically part of the same kingdom, the northeastern coastal cities are nearly completely mixed, the southeast is full of demon-looking guys, the central and southwestern mountains have dwarves in them, and the far northern marshes have tribes of humans.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:06:12 pm by Araph »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2011, 05:27:17 pm »

Sorry about the double-post, but I forgot something important: what classes are everybody? Off the top of my head I know we have a thief, berserker, doctor, and smooth-talker-guy, but (to give me a bit of a reference) could everyone describe what they want their character to be like?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2011, 05:34:40 pm »

My elf is gonna be a stereotypical Archer. Si I guess that's Warrior with specialization in range.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2011, 05:53:10 pm »

In your face-style fighter who runs rings around her opponent, wrestles them to the ground, and generally blitzes the opposition with speed and strength. So yeah, the two elves are on the opposite sides of the spectrum. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16